Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2021 5:13:38 PM EDT
I used to make my own but over the years my moves and such, I would end up giving them to kids or selling them and now, do not have time to build it. Who is making them with padding etc. right now? Talking high quality here, not walmart or cos-play garbage. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Crye does a ghillie kit,

Tactical Concealment I think does a factory one

neither have any padding on the front though, however both are much much lighter than typical full ghillie suits.

I know that the one I had to make was heavy and hot as hell, particularly stalking in S. Georgia. I'm glad I sold that damn thing to some LARPer.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I know that the one I had to make was heavy and hot as hell, particularly stalking in S. Georgia. I'm glad I sold that damn thing to some LARPer.
View Quote

Same experience, hotter than hell in that thing and heavy so I am interested in seeing what is out there now that I don’t have to put in weeks making it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:42:08 PM EDT
[#3]
IMHO there's no need for a ghillie suit and real snipers rarely use them.
In addition to being hot, heavy, and bulky, they snag on everything (including your own gear).

Face veils and modified boonie hats work great by themselves however.
The human eye is well trained to recognize head-to-shoulder silhouettes (even camouflaged ones).
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:18:44 AM EDT
[#4]
From what I remember some guys made their own out of old uniform tops and hobby store jute, the hard chargers just bought viper/cobra hoods. A couple bought Proapto tops but they're not Berry compliant if that matters to you.

Proapto
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:25:08 AM EDT
[#5]
i bought one from army-navy store 10 years ago. do not know if they still carry them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From what I remember some guys made their own out of old uniform tops and hobby store jute, the hard chargers just bought viper/cobra hoods. A couple bought Proapto tops but they're not Berry compliant if that matters to you.

Proapto
View Quote

Cool site, thanks for that. So many options when you don't know what you need
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top