Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2018 10:35:04 AM EDT
I’ve been offered what I think is an astoundingly good deal on an Argus D740-3AGM.

I haven’t looked through the tube (yet), but given a clean tube, is $2K a fair guess?

Basically, I’m gonna tag people that either own, have owned, or have sold a bunch of stuff. If I miss you, my apologies. If you don’t have any info, no biggie and I apologize for bothering you. I’ll add tags as I think of/remember folks

@TNVC
@MrPlayer
@murtis

Update: Bought it. Wow. This thing is pretty amazing. Way better image than I expected. Heck way better image than I first saw through it.

When he handed it to me, the ocular lens was misted up (going from cold truck into hot humid night air), and the focus was way off, but I didn’t know that. I wiped the lenses with microfiber, fiddled with it for a minute to figure out the focus, and I’m blown away. I’ll try to get pics through it tomorrow night. The wife isn’t feeling good tonight and wants to go to bed.

Here is a white wall pic with the day cap on and gain way down. Super clean tube

I’ll try to get more pics tonight.

Bump for 2 more pics. I used one of those cheap iPhone adapters... it works, but I really need to have the scope stabilized, maybe on a gun on a tripod. Pics don’t do it justice.

Link Posted: 8/24/2018 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, haven't held that optic in my hand.

But, I am honored to be in your list list of 4 haha! user @johnelot has loads of experience of optics from the US and from eastern Europe / Russia. So tagging him along.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 11:23:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good price. How old is the unit?  Get a 5 day non gun mounting inspection period to insure all is well. This line of scopes has REALLY stood up against the test of time and their glass nowadays meets what the Raptor did some years ago.
View Quote
I have an email to NOUSA to see if they can give me a build date and maybe a data sheet.

I’ll see if the guy selling it will agree to the inspection period.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 12:08:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sorry, haven't held that optic in my hand.

But, I am honored to be in your list list of 4 haha! user @johnelot has loads of experience of optics from the US and from eastern Europe / Russia. So tagging him along.
View Quote
Thanks.

I’m sure there are others who’ve used these.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 1:39:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m also honored to be in the list.
I think you may be waiting a while b4 you hear from the Horta tho.

Agree with what’s above. Good scope, and a 5 day inspection period would be great and help make your decision.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I can tell you that in the past I have bought and sold a couple of 740's, which is not the D740 for $2k. So $2k is no doubt a good price as long as the tube is good, not to many blems, or at least not in the wrong places.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Agree with what’s above. Good scope, and a 5 day inspection period would be great and help make your decision.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thank you!

Quoted:
I can tell you that in the past I have bought and sold a couple of 740's, which is not the D740 for $2k. So $2k is no doubt a good price as long as the tube is good, not to many blems, or at least not in the wrong places.
@CTM1
D740 is the better/newer model?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thank you!

@CTM1

Thanks
View Quote
Yes, the D740 is a newer model and should be better. If you do pick it up if it does not have the LaRue QD mount try to pick one up. Again, I have had the 740 and still have one and it has been a solid scope. I have probably shot more critters with it than with my KAC PVS-26 and my thermal together.

ETA Again, if you do pick it up pick up a Butler Creek scope cover as the factory rubber cover is a PITA to deal with.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 2:17:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yes, the D740 is a newer model and should be better. If you do pick it up if it does not have the LaRue QD mount try to pick one up. Again, I have had the 740 and still have one and it has been a solid scope. I have probably shot more critters with it than with my KAC PVS-26 and my thermal together.

ETA Again, if you do pick it up pick up a Butler Creek scope cover as the factory rubber cover is a PITA to deal with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you!

@CTM1

Thanks

Thank you. Will do.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 10:44:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Update: Bought it. Wow. This thing is pretty amazing. Way better image than I expected. Heck way better image than I first saw through it.

When he handed it to me, the ocular lens was misted up (going from cold truck into hot humid night air), and the focus was way off, but I didn’t know that. I wiped the lenses with microfiber, fiddled with it for a minute, and I’m blown away. I’ll try to get pics through it tomorrow night. The wife isn’t feeling good tonight and wants to go to bed.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 10:51:04 PM EDT
[#11]
2k for a gen3 d740, yeah fo...
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 10:56:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
2k for a gen3 d740, yeah fo...
View Quote
I fent like a mofo. It’s legit.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 10:13:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Bump for another pic. I used one of those cheap iPhone adapters... it works, but I really need to have the scope stabilized, maybe on a gun on a tripod.

Photos don’t do it justice.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 11:26:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Turns out there are good reasons dedicated night optics are a good thing...

At least till you get that multispectral fusion clip on...
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 6:20:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Turns out there are good reasons dedicated night optics are a good thing...

At least till you get that multispectral fusion clip on...
View Quote
Lol. That’s not likely to happen, barring a lotto win.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top