Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2022 10:04:45 PM EDT

Anyone have any leads on one, or anyone have a suggestion for an alternative?  Need to be able to support a fightlite m16 with 200 round ammo box, and needs to be able to attach via rail.  KNS makes an adapter for the MG42 AA tripod and it would check all the boxes for what I need but I can't find any...Something that use to be easy to find is hard to find when I want one.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:09:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Apex Parts in Colorado Springs, apexgunparts.com
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:58:00 AM EDT
[#2]
There are a lot of adapters from video/photo tripods to picatinny adapters.

I have a Manfrotto tripod adapter from LaRue for mine.

I also have the KNS one but never tried it yet. That MG3/MG42 AA tripod is a bit heavy to lug around. If you really are set to get one of those, I always look around on eBay, and GunBroker. If your patient, one pops up once in a while for a more reasonable price.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#3]
The KNS adapter works great.

Here's a tripod for sale. Not mine.

https://www.theakforum.net/threads/wts-mg42-mg3-aa-tripod.327201/
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are a lot of adapters from video/photo tripods to picatinny adapters.

I have a Manfrotto tripod adapter from LaRue for mine.

I also have the KNS one but never tried it yet. That MG3/MG42 AA tripod is a bit heavy to lug around. If you really are set to get one of those, I always look around on eBay, and GunBroker. If your patient, one pops up once in a while for a more reasonable price.
View Quote

A lot of the newer stuff I just have zero idea what's good, doesn't seem like there's a go-to brand.  I figure the mg42 tripod will be heavy but solid as hell.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:22:26 PM EDT
[#5]
For proper belt fed shooting it's hard to beat a proper belt fed tripod.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 12:18:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

A lot of the newer stuff I just have zero idea what's good, doesn't seem like there's a go-to brand.  I figure the mg42 tripod will be heavy but solid as hell.
View Quote

It is heavy as hell, pretty solid, but if firing an MG34 or MG42 on it, it will push it over if you don't push back. Your shrike/MCR should be fine on it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 11:41:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It is heavy as hell, pretty solid, but if firing an MG34 or MG42 on it, it will push it over if you don't push back. Your shrike/MCR should be fine on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks all, I found one local for a very fair price!
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 12:17:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Using the kns adapter and spade grips.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Nice. Did you make the piece to hold the weapon level like that??

Also if anyone else is looking there is a guy on ebay selling right now, in MI so they ship from the states, good price too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 8:41:02 AM EDT
[#10]
If you pull the top swivel pin and rotate the mount 180 degrees,  the gun will only elevate by 25 or 30 degrees.

Scott
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you pull the top swivel pin and rotate the mount 180 degrees,  the gun will only elevate by 25 or 30 degrees.

Scott
View Quote

Nice, thank you, I did not know and will for sure use that trick!!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Also if anyone else is looking there is a guy on ebay selling right now, in MI so they ship from the states, good price too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I help at a shop every once in a while. I had it displayed and a customer asked if he could look at it. The next time I saw him he gave it to me. Said he had some parts laying around and thought he could make it work and it does!
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I help at a shop every once in a while. I had it displayed and a customer asked if he could look at it. The next time I saw him he gave it to me. Said he had some parts laying around and thought he could make it work and it does!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet I bet it makes changing belts a lot easier!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top