Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2022 11:36:00 AM EDT
I have a KAC SR-15 LPR with ACOG and I'm thinking the B&T APC223 "Carbine" with 12.5" barrel is a good compliment.  I have never shot a B&T APC rifle so, I'm a little cautious ordering a $3K rifle sight unseen.

How does the firing cycle and accuracy compare to my KAC rifle?  I'm talking 200 yards and closer with 'normal' rounds.  Is it as smooth or better/worse?  With good quality M193 or SS109 type rounds, what sort of accuracy should I expect?  How does the APC stock work in use deployed from a backpack or bag or carried in the hands or on a sling?

MY KAC SR-15 LPR has me spoiled but, an 18" barrel fixed stock AR-15 just isn't practical for a lot of my usage on my farm and I'm wanted more performance than a 9mm handgun on MP-5 SBR delivers.  An AR-10/SR-25 or my LWRCZ Six8 is simply too heavy for non-dedicated use.

I am in East Texas and travel to Oklahoma if someone wants to do a 'range date' with their B&T APC223 and my ACOG-equipped LPR!  

TIA,
Sid
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 11:38:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Also looking for input on this. Considering the 300blk version. I have the GHM9 and it's awesome. Not sure how much the two have in common though.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 6:08:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone with personal experience with one of these?
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, but can't really answer the specific questions (comparing to your KAC rifle).  I can say that it runs smooth, is reliable, and is well built.  I have the <9" barrel version so haven't been focused on high levels of accuracy.  I've got an Aimpoint on it and mostly shoot within 100 yards.  I'm using the standard side folder, so you have to accommodate for the extra width to store folded in a bag.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 10:17:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes, but can't really answer the specific questions (comparing to your KAC rifle).  I can say that it runs smooth, is reliable, and is well built.  I have the <9" barrel version so haven't been focused on high levels of accuracy.  I've got an Aimpoint on it and mostly shoot within 100 yards.  I'm using the standard side folder, so you have to accommodate for the extra width to store folded in a bag.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also have the same B&T configuration as above. And it shoots great out to 100 yards for me. I have a KAC legacy SR15 that I bought when they first came out years ago.I have a Aimpoint H1 mounted on it. And have put a lot of rounds down range with it. For me the KAC is a better all around rifle.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 1:32:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone!  If a KAC 14.5" ever shows up for non-price gouged money I'll probably go that direction.  However, it looks like the B&T Pro's will be out soon so, KAC may lose out on another sale due to unavailability and scarcity.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a APC223 16.5" cut down to 12.5" and I like it. I average about 1moa with M193, and the recoil to me is very smooth and straight back into the shoulder. The only major downside is the weight. I don't have an SR-15, but I would guess the APC is a pound or so heavier.

The PRO lower will take most AR triggers without issue, but I had to do some small modifications to get a SSA-EX to fit. I'll take some pictures when I get back home later.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 2:22:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I have owned both. Still have the B&T .223 shorty. I sold my Taupe legacy KAC to a friend of mine years ago for $1k! SHIT! DAMN! FUCK! Bottom line. I like lightweight kit. B&T is heavy. B&T is smooth as butter but heavy. When I’m going out to light it up I grab my light kit. Light and quick. Anyways, my B&T .223 Gen 1 shoots dimes at 100 with a 3x Acog. Ok maybe dollars, silver dollars. Sexy beast for sure!

Link Posted: 7/4/2022 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#8]
That looks awesome!
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have owned both. Still have the B&T .223 shorty. I sold my Taupe legacy KAC to a friend of mine years ago for $1k! SHIT! DAMN! FUCK! Bottom line. I like lightweight kit. B&T is heavy. B&T is smooth as butter but heavy. When I’m going out to light it up I grab my light kit. Light and quick. Anyways, my B&T .223 Gen 1 shoots dimes at 100 with a 3x Acog. Ok maybe dollars, silver dollars. Sexy beast for sure!

https://i.imgur.com/uNnmNzp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ClXhTlh.jpg
View Quote

That stock is sexy
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That stock is sexy
View Quote

It looks cool. Pretty uncomfortable though. I just shot one an hour ago. I'd opt for a different non telescoping stock.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It looks cool. Pretty uncomfortable though. I just shot one an hour ago. I'd opt for a different non telescoping stock.
View Quote

This is true. I decided to run this stock for no other reason than it gives variety to my collection. I had the Haga adapter with ACR stock and that was nice.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 4:47:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That stock is sexy

I believe it
Manticore on my scorpion isn’t comfortable in 9mm…

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top