[#1]
KAC Vision I see!
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 1:49:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
KAC Vision I see!
View Quote

Yes, Sir! I plan on building a second (*matching) -14 with one of them and then maybe use the extra as trade fodder down the road.

Link Posted: 10/15/2020 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Is that an ether eyepiece as well?
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#4]
How much does the ether lens weigh by itself?
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:02:49 PM EDT
[#5]
What are the benefits of these housings over a standard mil-spec PVS-14 housing? Are they more rugged like the Vyper housings? Rubberized or a different coating on them? And, about how much do they run? I've seen the Vyper housings go for around $180 or so.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is that an ether eyepiece as well?
View Quote

That’s correct
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How much does the ether lens weigh by itself?
View Quote

Something like 50 grams? In hand it is lighter than a standard piece. To my eye it seems better but honestly, *I just wanted to pimp my ride out.

ETA: *If there was an upgraded objective and batt housings I’d have bought them as well to complete the pimp-mobile.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What are the benefits of these housings over a standard mil-spec PVS-14 housing? Are they more rugged like the Vyper housings? Rubberized or a different coating on them? And, about how much do they run? I've seen the Vyper housings go for around $180 or so.
View Quote

Full aluminum with *heli-coiled inserts (*at least that what it looks to me). No rubber coating. The Vypers are still poly while the Hyper housings are aluminum if I remember correctly. These are $240 straight from KAC. After I bought the first one I decided to get two more for possible future build.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#9]
The hypers definetly seem to be the Gucci option price wise. Any experience comparing the two. Also in terms of weight, anyone have any idea of the stock body, vyper poly, kac, and hyper alu housings?
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 10:34:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Something like 50 grams? In hand it is lighter than a standard piece. To my eye it seems better but honestly, *I just wanted to pimp my ride out.

ETA: *If there was an upgraded objective and batt housings I’d have bought them as well to complete the pimp-mobile.
View Quote

Cool, I see UNV has them in stock now as well. They list them at 52g

I hear we may have an objective lens option soon!
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Cool, I see UNV has them in stock now as well. They list them at 52g

I hear we may have an objective lens option soon!
View Quote

Is there any more info to share about that? Is it a “Hyper” type assembly?
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 11:14:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Next to no info out on it. The Horta over on snipershide has a set and is sworn to secrecy lol
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 8:17:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Next to no info out on it. The Horta over on snipershide has a set and is sworn to secrecy lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anxious to see what’s up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top