Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2018 12:46:23 PM EDT
Been seeing more and more of these come in. Glocks don't have the model number or caliber stamped on the frame. How is everyone logging these into their A&D books? On another note, had a TC Prohunter frame (no barrel) come in....do I leave the caliber blank?
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 1:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I would log it as a frame, with no caliber designation, that is how I used to do frames, but I have not had any for quite a while now.  I am sure that if someone who has knows more they will chime in on the newest rendition of logging them in.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 7:47:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Been seeing more and more of these come in. Glocks don't have the model number or caliber stamped on the frame. How is everyone logging these into their A&D books? On another note, had a TC Prohunter frame (no barrel) come in....do I leave the caliber blank?
View Quote
It is what it is - receiver.

No model, no caliber, no BBL length.

Check to see if made in USA or Austria, be sure to add importer markings if made in Austria.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 3:39:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Check to see if made in USA or Austria, be sure to add importer markings if made in Austria.
View Quote
10-4
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:04:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm curious, what importer markings are you talking about??  Glock Inc, is Glock Inc.  Unless you mean to actually put the country in.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:17:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm curious, what importer markings are you talking about??  Glock Inc, is Glock Inc.  Unless you mean to actually put the country in.
View Quote
Top image a Glock Proof Mark

Attachment Attached File

Import Mark

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:38:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Most Glocks are made in Austria and imported. Only a small number are made in the USA. The frame will say where it is made.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:39:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep. There are 2 relevant Glocks...

Glock GmbH
(the manufacturer in Austria)

and

Glock, Inc.
(the importer and manufacturer in Smyrna, GA)

You're supposed to list the manufacturer and then the importer (if imported) but this doesn't seem to undergo much scrutiny by ATF (even on NFA forms).
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#8]
i usually put Glock/Glock
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i usually put Glock/Glock
View Quote
same
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 1:10:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You're supposed to list the manufacturer and then the importer (if imported) but this doesn't seem to undergo much scrutiny by ATF (even on NFA forms).
View Quote
This.
I wonder how many FN/Browning Hi Powers are recorded with:
- FN as the manufacturer (not all are marked with FN)
- no model name (Hi Power/High Power/GP35/P35 (no model name appears on the pistol)

ATF doesn't give a rats ass if you write Glock or Glock/Glock. When they call for a trace it's "Glock", not "Glock, imported by Glock".
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I actually called Glock about this because I was curious.

The lady I spoke with (forgot to write her name down) informed me that Glock does not sell stripped frames to dealers/wholesalers. They only sell them to individuals as replacement frames for ones that are damaged. I asked her about the Frames I was receiving from Glockstore and she said they have never sold them stripped frames.

Now I'm pretty sure that once a receiver is built into a firearm, it's never a receiver again. Could be wrong.

Anyways, back on topic. We log them like this:
Make: Glock
Model: N/A
Serial: XXXXXX
Caliber: N/A
Type: Frame
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:58:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Now I'm pretty sure that once a receiver is built into a firearm, it's never a receiver again. Could be wrong.
View Quote
It's already a Title I firearm when it's a receiver. Once manufactured/made as a pistol, it can later become a receiver/frame again. Just take it apart.

The only Title I receiver that cannot become one again... is a Title II MG. Even the stripped receiver remains a Title II MG until it's destroyed (DEMIL).
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 10:52:14 AM EDT
[#13]
You can narrow the caliber down by the size of the frame.  The ejector will also tell you some about the caliber.  Example. The Glock 22 and 17 have the same frame but use a different ejector.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#14]
It's correct to not list a caliber.
Just like with stripped AR or Rem 700 receivers, it makes no difference what calibers it's "capable" of being built into.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top