Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2021 11:14:52 AM EDT
I recently purchased a 1950s home and I would like to have a secure storage solution for my home office to have my most used rifles etc. on hand. The weights of some of the smaller rifle safe options are still in the 4-500lbs region and I'm concerned with the floors supporting them in a small footprint so I decided perhaps doing a smaller locker for the immediate go to gear, and then my safe for the collection at large and other equipment on the concrete in the basement.

Can anyone suggest a sturdy locker option?
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#2]
How much do you want to spend? And are you looking for an electronic lock?
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 9:11:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m looking to spend under $500. Manual or electronic lock doesn’t matter to me.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 9:41:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Okay, so a lightweight SecureIt Agile 52 (and perhaps a 40 stacked on top) is out.  If you were looking for a locker and were not concerned about cost, that would have been my first recommendation.  I love their cradle grid system, but they are pricey.  Also might not be big enough, depending on what you consider gear.  Does that include battle belt, plate carrier, etc?  Or just rifles, pistols, and magazines?

Vaultek also has a couple modern options (RS200i & RS500i), but they are even more expensive...and I have seen too many issues with their containers over the years to have much confidence in anything they make.

Tractor Supply and Walmart have a wide range of lower end cabinets from folks like Stack-On.  That's probably where I would look...but curious what other folks suggest.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#5]
GallowTech weapon cabinets are just outside your price point depending on what hangers you need.

https://www.gallowtech.com/products/weapon-cabinets
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I would be willing to bet that the flooring of a house built in the 50's will support a lot more weight than you think.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top