Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2018 11:28:04 PM EDT
I am looking for a lo pro battle belt.  I am liking the Ronin Tactical belts.  Is there anything else I need to be looking at?  I need something to mount a holster, a couple of HSGI tacos, and a dump pouch.  Thanks for any input!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:57:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the Raptor tactical odin Mk3 and I like it a lot. I have also heard good things about blue alpha gear and Volund. My next belt setup will be a Esstac shooters belt.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 7:13:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I really, really like my Blue Alpha Gear belt. I don't know if a lower profile option with the same features.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 8:28:44 AM EDT
[#3]
AWS
same as Ronin but half the cost.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 8:48:14 AM EDT
[#4]
It seems the AWS, you have to buy panels for where you want to mount Molle attachments?  And how do these other options mount?  Same as any other Molle, just a smaller size?
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 6:38:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Volund V3.  http://store.volundgearworks.com/index.php/volund-gearworks/micro-battle-belts/2-micro-battle-belt-v3.html

I've used it for some 10K run and guns and love the thing.  Very comfortable, not too stiff, and one thing I like about the Volund over most other micro battle belts I've seen is the cobra buckle is not wider than the belt, so you're less likely to get pinched.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 8:17:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I went with a slotted belt pad and a cobra riggers belt. weave the belt in and out of where ever you need pouches or holsters.

https://wildertactical.com/collections/belts/products/minimalist-belt-pad

Link Posted: 10/25/2018 11:12:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I like my ronin tactics belt very well made has stand up to abuse and it’s easy to take off when I’m in the Tank
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I ended up ordering a Ronin Tactics Shuto belt.  I think I will like it, from what I have heard
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I also have a Shuto.  You won't be disappointed.

Off side -
- Esstac Kiwi 3 pistol mag pouch
- 2x Esstec KIWI AR mag pouchs
- HSGI M3T TACO with tourniquet, 6" Israeli bandage, quick-clot bandage, gauze pads and a roll, cravat and a Waterjel burn dressing.  (attached at 8:00 o'clock)

Strong side -
- D-ring with a roll of Gorilla Tape  (best bandage tape made)
- Ka-Bar TDI
- Blue Force Gear Micro Trauma Pouch for basic 1st Aid
- Safariland Model 6390 with a G19 w/X300 in an SKD HSGI UDHP Holster, CAT and shears attached to UDHP
- 1x Esstac KIWI AR mag.

Attachment Attached File

I wear the UPHP on the inner pants belt.  That way if I remove the outer belt with all the other crap, I retain my sidearm.  It's also rigged as high as it can be without the legstrap choking the boys.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#11]
How did you get all the Molle run?  It is tight, and I am having a hell of a time getting it all threaded through
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How did you get all the Molle run?  It is tight, and I am having a hell of a time getting it all threaded through
View Quote
Use pliers.

The problem is the spacing between the two thin rows of webbing on the belt is only about 3/4", where with normal MOLLE/PALS gear, the empty space between rows is 1", so it's very tight.  But once you get them on they are solid.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:09:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Use pliers.

The problem is the spacing between the two thin rows of webbing on the belt is only about 3/4", where with normal MOLLE/PALS gear, the empty space between rows is 1", so it's very tight.  But once you get them on they are solid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Use pliers.

That.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:00:34 AM EDT
[#14]
I have AWS, Ronin, and Volund belts. Overall, I prefer the Ronin.

Bend belt backwards (wrong way), use needle nose pliers, use short short fight light malice clips, and curse a lot, lol.

Start with the malice clips in the item to mount behind all molle loops, large clip section at bottom. Insert the thin end in top loop of belt with item to mount upside down. Run through top loop of belt, then run through the 1" of molle loop on item you are attaching in the. 75" space between the belt molle loops. The hard part is while it is now flat and folded back into position, route under lower belt loop then under your item's attached loops. Cinch to second snap. Cinching all the way is important for stability. When you are 100% sure you wont move it, cut off excess tab section. You will never be able to reroute once you cut it down due to length and the tightness of routing the last step. Only need to cut on short items up front so the tips dont poke you when you lift your knee.

I have a box with all known molle attachment options and I have found the scalloped fight light short malice clips are the best attachment option for anything that does not have a helium whisper attachment built in. The only exception is a screw on clip for my Force Tech flashlight holster.

The scalloped malice clips cinch tighter and are easier to wrap around a small belt like the Ronin. The Volund, being 2" instead of 1.75" has a full 1" spacing and is easier to route, but is less stiff/secure.

The Blue Alpha Gear is exactly like the Ronin Task Force, but they remove a molle section to put their label and charge $30 less. I use that molle section, so Blue Alpha Gear is not an option for me. They really need to change that and put the label on the velcro D ring tab like current Ronin belts and give back more molle on the right side.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 7:16:19 AM EDT
[#15]
+1 for Ronin. I have to put a decent amount of weight on my belt, but the Ronin makes it feel significantly less. Buy with confidence!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top