Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2018 8:46:24 PM EDT
Is there anywhere you can buy replacement paddles for lightning links?

I’m working on a trade for a link but the guy doesn’t have the paddle. He actually bought three of them 20 years ago and said he could never get them to work so he is giving me a great deal on one if I can get his to work. He hasn’t touched them in years and doesn’t have the paddles so need replacements.

Also any other tips? I think he was always trying t with the wrong bcg so I hope that should solve it
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 10:16:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Gunbroker

They are probably pretty easy to make( the paddle not the actual register lightning link)
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 11:20:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Making it work is the easy part, if it is a deal, just buy it and worry about getting It to work later. Get the kns protector right off the bat. If you end up getting it and need some paddles, let me know, I bought a ton of spares off gunbroker and got about 5 with my link a long time ago. Some were just made out of a hacksaw blade, but work fine. Haven't ever needed more than one. I'll send you a couple used ones to try out.

get the m16 burst trigger, and in 5 minutes with a dremel you can convert it to safe, semi, auto.

Check uzitalk.com also, I think someone on there had paddles made.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#3]
M60Joe makes them for $14-$15 each, and he makes them cut for the KNS protector, which is thicker, so the paddle requires a larger cut for the bottom tab. He makes them in 3 different thickensses so just get a couple of each one to figure out your timing. LLs are underrated in my view and should fetch a premium like the RDIAS, but I'm not complaining because it works well and they're priced lower than a RR or RDIAS.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#4]
My SOT had a bunch EDM cut out of spring steel. As mentioned, you might want to install and check your timing so you know what thickness paddle to use.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 8:34:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Hand full of links sent to try, welcome to machineguny goodness!
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Big thanks the jt526 for the paddles to try. I’m gonna mess with it to try and get it working but I think ultimately will send it to m60joe to make sure it’s perfect.

Thanks for all the advise
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Great to see! Was a question I had too...
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top