Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2018 4:41:57 PM EDT
I now have a KG EOS-22 integrelly suppressed barrel. It's sweet. And the thing is pretty darn light at 1.18 lbs considering that carbon fiber barrels are about 1 lb and a Kidd ultralightweight is 1.25 lbs. I'm thinking, since I have to build a rifle to use this barrel that I might as well build a lightweight gun. So I have the barrel and I'm planning for a just a Primary Arms Microdot on the optic.... but I have nothing else.

What are my best components for a LW build? I need a Stock, Trigger pack, Receiver, and Bolt.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 5:03:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I built this for my daughter when she was about 12.  Used the Boyds Evolution stock, rifle came in right at 6 lbs.  Standard receiver, trigger group and bolt.  Whistlepig barrel - looks like the bull barrel but it's a steel barrel with a bull-barrel diameter aluminum sleeve.

Link Posted: 1/12/2018 5:10:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I went with a Tacsol Barrel, Hogue ghillie green stock (wedge on the rear lug to keep it from drooping).
It's pretty darn light, would be even more so without the scope and a standard receiver instead of the Razor 80% integral rail receiver.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 7:38:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a x ring from tac sol.  The first time I picked it up I about smacked my face my it is so light.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#4]
My lightweight backpacker is

Kidd ultra light weight barrel. bolt, $100 trigger job, cross pins, buffer, bolt release, charging handle and recoil springs
Bushnell trs 25
And a modified butler creek folder, cut the end off, hogged barrel rails to fit the barrel, bedded the action and installed a front rail with magpul afg
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got a x ring from tac sol.  The first time I picked it up I about smacked my face my it is so light.
View Quote
Same here, it took 1.2 seconds to make the decision to buy it.

Was not expecting the lightness at all.

Great shooter offhand and tight groups off the bench.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:00:16 PM EDT
[#6]
My most recent 10/22 build:
Kidd ULW Barrel
Kidd Bolt, spring, handle, etc.
Kidd single stage trigger
Ruger receiver
Ruger walnut DSP stock
Leupold 2-7 rimfire scope
Gamereaper one piece low mount
Just under 5 lbs loaded w/10 round mag
Shoots lights out!
Chris
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:10:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a PWS carbon fiber barrel on mine and its pretty damn light.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 1:30:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Try a tac sol barrel, axiom stock, axiom stock cheek rest and tasco red dot. My daughters weighs in at 4 lbs 2 3/4 oz.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 1:42:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Try a tac sol barrel, axiom stock, axiom stock cheek rest and tasco red dot. My daughters weighs in at 4 lbs 2 3/4 oz.
View Quote
Re-read of your post I see your looking for Stock, Trigger pack, Receiver, and Bolt.

I would suggest,

Stock - Axiom. It is ugly but lightweight and great for youth if needed. Would not suggest it for adults unless weight is your only consideration.
Trigger pack - Whatever your checkbook allows. I like the Ruger triggers for the cost. Weight varies but all mine clean break at 2 -3 lbs.
Receiver - Whatever your checkbook allows. I do speed competitions and a Ruger receiver is all that is needed.
Bolt - Whatever your checkbook allows. I do speed competitions and a Ruger bolt is all that is needed.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 5:30:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yup.  4.3 pounds empty.  I miss mine, but will get another one when $$$ is available.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 6:25:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I now have a KG EOS-22 integrelly suppressed barrel. It's sweet.
View Quote
How long have you had it? I will hopefully be getting mine this summer. How easy is it to clean?
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yup.  4.3 pounds empty.  I miss mine, but will get another one when $$$ is available.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Picked one up last week from the FFL and had the same reaction. Guy doing the transfer kept saying ‘Damn, this thing is nice. And crazy light.’
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

How long have you had it? I will hopefully be getting mine this summer. How easy is it to clean?
View Quote
Couldn't tell you. It's in jail. Any day now, though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top