Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2022 7:30:24 PM EDT
I've got a mke ap5k, currently has a magpul forend that I like.  I modified and fit a hkparts.net sight tower rail to it.  Took a fair amount of fitting to get it on and parallel with bore, but its good now.  Using an arisaka offset scout pic mount, sf600 body and ue tailcap, and a modlite legacy driver flood.  Currently sf pressure switch is on velcro at 12:00 on cocking tube, it's comfortable and ambi, but is there a less janky way to mount it remain ambi?
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 7:49:59 PM EDT
[#1]
With the surefire tape switch, you're pretty much stuck with velcro or rubber banding it somewhere, all the tape switch mlok mounts are too long for that handguard.

You could get a Modbutton lite and use the NAS-K to attach it behind the front sight:  https://www.trajectoryarms.com/product/nas-k-normalized-activation-switch/
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 2:41:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Interesting. I've got the same forend on my K. Hadn't even considered the notion of a 45 degree pic rail on there. So far I've chosen to leave my four MPs in classic, no optic or light configuration. But it's a drag because I usually end up keeping my SA Saint PDW AR pistol handy at night... since I'm not gonna see jack with the HKs in classic trim. So I may have to pick up an offset M lok rail for the K. I'd rather keep my regular length SP/MPs in the classic wide handguard, no accessories config. But could probably stomach a more modern-looking K model.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#4]
With the Midwest industries mp5k mlok handguard, I did a small 3 slot low profile Arisaka pic rail section, and did a modlite 18350 mounted onto a Modbutton on the right side of the handguard. Works well for me.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got the same handguard on my K.  I like you're setup, what parts did you use?
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:11:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I just have lights installed inside my safe that turn on when the door is opened.  That way I don’t have to figure out how to put lights on my fun-guns.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@LOS

Has a great setup.
View Quote

Thank you, Sir.!

Link Posted: 12/9/2022 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#11]
https://www.trajectoryarms.com/product/nas-k-normalized-activation-switch/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top