Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2023 12:09:40 AM EDT
I’ve always had a soft spot for integrally suppressed Ruger MK’s. I think I first saw one in Assassin’s and had to have one after that.

If you got one post it here!

Attachment Attached File

Top to Bottom

Coastal Passport II
Tactical Solutions TSS
Maxim Defense MKIV SD
“Poor Man’s” integral, chopped MK2 w/ AAC can

I’m sure some of ya’ll have some vintage Intergrals. John’s Guns, AAC phoenix’s, AWC stuff, let see ‘em!
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 5:45:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an old AWC Amphibian II that is a pain to clean.  I filled it with crud and AWC re-cored it for too much money and wouldn't make it serviceable.  Mine is at Curtis Tactical now to get re-cored again to be serviceable.  I can post pics when I get it back.
Which one do you like the best?
That Tactical Solutions TSS seems like it would be the easiest to clean with their split tube design.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 7:34:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an old Ciener one on a stainless MKii. I never shoot it and have thought about selling it many times.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 7:53:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is mine
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool thread!
I’m definitely in the poor man’s group
2.3” MaddMacs upper with a keystone armory monocore
I need to try some other cans on here

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 3:45:57 PM EDT
[#5]
The Maxim Defense integrally suppressed Ruger is completely user serviceable and can be easily disassembled and re-assembled. I designed the original when I worked for them, although I believe Maxim has replaced the original baffle stack with a monocore (the original used a 6-K stack).
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#6]
My desire to get an integral has declined since finishing my stubby.

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have an old AWC Amphibian II that is a pain to clean.  I filled it with crud and AWC re-cored it for too much money and wouldn't make it serviceable.  Mine is at Curtis Tactical now to get re-cored again to be serviceable.  I can post pics when I get it back.
Which one do you like the best?
That Tactical Solutions TSS seems like it would be the easiest to clean with their split tube design.
View Quote

The TSS is super easy to clean, similar to the sparrow, because of the split tube. It does have some pretty gnarly FRP however.

Awesome! who made yours? Monotube or K Baffles?

Quoted:
I have an old Ciener one on a stainless MKii. I never shoot it and have thought about selling it many times.
View Quote

Is it a performance thing why you don't shoot it or just lost interest?  

Quoted:
Cool thread!
I’m definitely in the poor man’s group
2.3” MaddMacs upper with a keystone armory monocore
I need to try some other cans on here
View Quote

I've been eyeballing those MadMacs Uppers for a minute... they look really good. I seem to recall you had some issues with yours, is it still finicky or no?

Quoted:
The Maxim Defense integrally suppressed Ruger is completely user serviceable and can be easily disassembled and re-assembled. I designed the original when I worked for them, although I believe Maxim has replaced the original baffle stack with a monocore (the original used a 6-K stack).
View Quote

I've been super impressed with the Maxim. They did switch to a Monocore as you suspected. Still preforms wonderfully, But I wonder what a K stack would sound like.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:40:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Federal HV match ammo was flawless two weeks ago

Attachment Attached File

I’m sure I’ll get it dialed in
I was also really unimpressed with the order process. Zero indication there was a “lead time”
I can go check emails but it was like 6m from taking 100% deposit til when it shipped

ETA: ordered 7/23, shipped 1/19
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 8:56:52 AM EDT
[#9]
TacSol TSS Paclite IV

It's very well made but the performance is not up to snuff with the best muzzle mounted cans.

Link Posted: 3/21/2023 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
TacSol TSS Paclite IV

It's very well made but the performance is not up to snuff with the best muzzle mounted cans.

https://i.imgur.com/6rgflZs.jpg
View Quote

The Paclite IV was on my radar but read your review on it.  Changed my mind and decided I’ll keep buying regular cans.??

I did drop off an extra barrel at my gun store this weekend  to get it cut down to 2”.  The owner called it the “assassin’s cut.”??  So I’ll be in the poor mans integral club.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 9:41:31 AM EDT
[#12]
now that I have my can-basis covered (308, 45, and 22) I was considering getting into integrals. BUT I do like modularity and hate waiting for stamps to clear. So should I do an integral or just send something out to have it chopped down to a ~2" barrel so it looks integral? and if that choice, what's that look like to have done?

I've never owned a 22 like this but I know one set up has the upper is the firearm.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

I've been eyeballing the sicaro's. What do you think of yours?

Quoted:
now that I have my can-basis covered (308, 45, and 22) I was considering getting into integrals. BUT I do like modularity and hate waiting for stamps to clear. So should I do an integral or just send something out to have it chopped down to a ~2" barrel so it looks integral? and if that choice, what's that look like to have done?

I've never owned a 22 like this but I know one set up has the upper is the firearm.
View Quote

As much as I like the integrals, for most folks, chopping something down to 2" is best.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've been eyeballing the sicaro's. What do you think of yours?
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 5:23:50 PM EDT
[#15]
John's Guns. This is an oldie, pre-86.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Dude! I LOVED those SoLow RDS mounts! I had them on my old Govt Slabside Mk2. That is a sweet pistol!

I have a Sicario as well. Mine is the stainless one, and I believe one of the first ones he did an all stainless steel to include the baffle stack. Personally, I think this thing is the cats ass. It’s very quiet and very accurate. It has eaten pretty much anything I have thrown through it, and to the best of my recollection, keeps everything subsonic. Being stainless steel, it’s super easy to clean, and I will normally just wait until I get a few thousand rounds through it and then throw the core in the soda blaster. Pre-Covid, I actually stocked them and sold several to other happy customers but since, we just haven’t seen much interest in integrals also though I may have him do a couple more and so if they sell.

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#17]
This is my favorite range toy, with one glaring drawback.  The sleeve that holds the baffles is so damn tight that I have to beat it out with a small handles screwdriver after every range trip.

I haven’t noticed the excessive FRP that outrider describes compared to my other rugers with conventional suppressors (mask/spectre) but it is present.  Probably a bit better than my sparrow, but the FRP for sure exists.  Either way, I don’t regret the purchase.

Scorpion lower with TacSol mk iii upper.

-Mike
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Anybody else got a Serbu Siris?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top