Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2019 2:17:10 PM EDT
Can someone please tell it to me.  It's a mystical knife, or so I have been told.  The serrations will cut so deep that no surgeon can repair the wound.  You could hammer the butt into drywall and do pull-ups with it.  But yet Cood Steel discontinued it.

From what I have heard it was deemed too deadly.  And that the CEO of Cold Steel has already begun adding rooms onto his house, ala the Remington Mansion. That's it had been used in an SD case and a guy was killed.

Seriously what's the deal with it?
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same serations on XL Vaquero.  shattered multiple tips just cutting nylon webbing strap.  Later I asked a Cabella's employee why they didn't have a floor model of sharpening appliance.  The guy set one up and I promptly got my knife from car and ground all the serrations off.  I didn't buy the sharpener but later got a 1x30 fom Harbor Freight.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a picture of a couple in the Cold Steel Voyager post.  I don't know why, but I just like it and it sucks they discontinued it.  I prefer plain edges (which both of mine are).  The lock is solid, and despite its size, it's pretty light.  What I also like is the "wave" as an opening option out of the pocket. Nothing mythical, just a big ass folder in a design I prefer with a few nice features.  Hope they bring it back in the future...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]
The AR-15 of pocket nives.

It's ugly and frightens the perpetually timid, therefor it is evil, and has to go.
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 7:35:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I still have a tanto Voyager that has those serrations almost to the tip. I broke a bunch of tips on them and never sharpened them either. After awhile it became my opinion that those fine serrations were probably meant for self defense applications as opposed to utilitarian heavy cutting.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top