Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 5/20/2020 12:50:35 PM EDT
I have a couple automatic knives I’m thinking of selling off but want to make sure I’m not going to break any laws. It seems they are legal in a lot of states but the Federal Law seems more murky. Can I only sell to someone in my state or someone who is military or LE out of state?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#1]
What you have for sale? I’m in FL and LE
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 1:07:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Each state has its own laws regarding auto knives. Buyers should know their own state laws. Do a search for a map with legal states. Ya got any OTF for sale??
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#3]
It is illegal to ship automatic knives through the post office.  Other than that you don't really have anything to worry about.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 5:23:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Is USPS the only restriction on carriers?
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 5:31:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, Fed Ex and UPS are fine.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 11:38:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It is illegal to ship automatic knives through the post office.  Other than that you don't really have anything to worry about.
View Quote

That’s not correct. It’s illegal to ship an automatic knife to a state that prohibits them via USPS. It isn’t illegal to ship them to legal states You need a Postmaster exemption though.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 9:01:06 AM EDT
[#7]
what's the deal with online retailers?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah Gerber lost me as a customer because they refuse to work on automatic knives owned by “civilians”.   They make you fill out a waiver saying you’re a cop or active military. So my apple gate covert auto has a bent belt clip and wobbles like a cheap AK mag at full lock up.

So if you’re selling a Microtech let me know!
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top