Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2020 7:49:45 PM EDT
Correct me if I am wrong, but the legacy series used a standard AR bolt to match with the barrels?
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 8:42:07 PM EDT
[#1]
They did not use a standard AR-15 bolt, but it was similar looking. There have basically been 3 different bolts used in the MCX. Gen 1 looked AR-15ish, Gen 1.5 looks like a Virtus bolt but has flat lugs to fit Gen 1 barrel extensions. Gen 2 is Virtus with tapered lugs and fits only virtus barrel extensions.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#2]
So a ar bolt won’t work in a gen 1.5ish. I couldn’t remember and was looking at a legacy barrel and it doesn’t have a bolt.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 8:54:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So a ar bolt won’t work in a gen 1.5ish. I couldn’t remember and was looking at a legacy barrel and it doesn’t have a bolt.
View Quote

No it will not, the bolt itself would probably fit in the Gen 1 extension, but will not fit in any generation of MCX bolt carrier assembly.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 5:16:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks! Any idea where to find one?
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 7:47:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Call SIG. They likely still have them.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 6:28:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have the part number, let me dig it up tonight and I’ll get back to you. Sig likely won’t know what your asking for as I went through this same headache.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I actually called sig and the guy knew exactly what I was looking for. They don’t have any so I have to try to figure something out. I appreciate the offer to help!
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I actually called sig and the guy knew exactly what I was looking for. They don’t have any so I have to try to figure something out.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 11:14:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Actually the pre-recall original MCX carrier could be used with a regular AR15 bolt, although the rings would drag a little.

If you google this site there was a British guy who played around with using the Sharps ReliaBolt in his unit's MCXs.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#10]
My bolt is the gen 1.5 so post recall. For kicks i tried and it’s definitely a no go
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 5:56:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My bolt is the gen 1.5 so post recall. For kicks i tried and it’s definitely a no go
View Quote

Yeah, if you only shoot 556 and not 300blk, I would actually prefer to get a pre-recall carrier if I could find one.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 11:33:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I mainly use 300 so that’s not going to work...waiting to hear back from Sig on getting one through them
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 2:49:38 AM EDT
[#13]
If anyone can find a legacy bolt, let me know
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If anyone can find a legacy bolt, let me know
View Quote

Call sig. place a back order. That’s what I did. Maybe if they get enough in the system they’ll ramp up production.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 9:43:08 AM EDT
[#15]
The thread in which I posted this pictures appears to be archived, but on the top is the OG MCX bolt, the bottom is the gen 1.5 bolt.

I do not need the OG bolt. It was sent to me by mistake by Sig when I was looking for a 1.5 bolt. Instead of sending it back, they just sent me the 1.5 bolt. If someone is looking for the legacy gen 1 bolt, feel free to reach out.

Here's all 3 together. Left is Gen 2 bolt.

Link Posted: 8/17/2020 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#16]
PM sent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top