Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2020 4:32:55 PM EDT
After 30 years the small primer tray on my Lee auto prime broke. In particular the ears that hold the cover plate on. I can limp by with spring clips, but need to get a new hand primer.

First, looked for replacement trays. Lee doesn’t carry them anymore.

Been looking at the RCBS primer as a replacement. The first question, how well does the auto adjust shell holder system work?

Second question: how good are the Lee New auto prime and Ergo prime hand tools?
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I got tired of fixing or replacing my LEE hand primers, even though I think functionally they are the best (the old style). I ended up getting the RCBS hand priming tool that takes regular shell holders because I was not sold on the auto-adjust shell holder type. I like it well enough but it is not my trusty old LEE. If you go the RCBS that uses shell holders route, be advised that not all shell holders (RCBS or LEE) have a deep enough bevel in the base to fit in the tool. I have some really old RCBS shell holders that won't work with this tool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top