Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2021 10:39:37 PM EDT
Proposed Rules

high level summary...
  Private made firearms (PMFs) will need to marked by FFL-gunsmiths before sale through FFL
  Some firearms could possibly have multiple marked receivers/frames in future designs. ATF will determine receiver/frame of current models.
  Because of all the above, importers, manufactures, retailers will have different formats for record keeping
  FFL will retain all records and not destroy 20 yr old records.

These are what I saw and the items I was interested in. Lots of cleanup in language in the GCA to reflect their way of thinking. Horse shit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:11:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool. Uppers will have to be serialized and transferred through an FFL under these new proposals?

Bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:14:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Show me the LAW that specifies this.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:19:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cool. Uppers will have to be serialized and transferred through an FFL under these new proposals?

Bullshit.
View Quote

PSA now offers financing

Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:37:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:36:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Bullshit.
View Quote

I am concerned about serialized bolt groups, barrels, etc. The documents refer to multiple serial numbers.  It's crazy.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:30:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Law, Comrade?  Are you a systematic racist white supremacist fascist?

The Party commands.  The State enforces.  The masses obey.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:09:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's cute
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:57:58 AM EDT
[#8]
It sounds like they may want all pistol manufacturers to put the serial number on grip frame and slide and rifle manufacturers to put the serial number on the grip frame(lower) and upper and would then view those two as the serialized halves of the receiver.  I doubt the would go so far as to say bolts and barrels have to be serialized and married to the receiver, bolts and barrels are wear items and would be expected to be replaced over time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:00:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Laws? Where we're going, we don't need laws!
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agencies first draft a proposed rulemaking change and it is published to the federal register for comment.  After the comment period, changes may be made, it may be dropped, or it may be presented to congress.  If it survives, congress then reviews and approves or disapproves the change to the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).  If approved, it becomes law.

Xidens executive action on braces is telling ATF to submit changes.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHa...

Laws. You funny.

They aren't even following the CONSTITUTION much less any law...
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:00:05 AM EDT
[#13]
If they push serializing uppers, the pushback will be against serialized lowers, wince by federal law they aren’t firearms.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:00:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Agencies first draft a proposed rulemaking change and it is published to the federal register for comment.  After the comment period, changes may be made, it may be dropped, or it may be presented to congress.  If it survives, congress then reviews and approves or disapproves the change to the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).  If approved, it becomes law.

Xidens executive action on braces is telling ATF to submit changes.
View Quote

Congress doesn’t review or confirm regulations, though that would be an appropriate change.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#15]
They can lie on the form 4473 so more evidence laws don't matter. Control is what they seek. The tighter they close their fists the more that slips through their fingers. I thought they embraced illegal activities since they welcome the invasion on the border.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 3:31:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow, that's some drastic industry changing information in those proposed rules.  Does anyone have any idea if/when this will be available for public comment?  I'd sure like to send in some comments.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top