BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 9:51:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By ATICSR_Christopher:
One last question though...can you please tell those of us waiting on the SD kits.....should we continue to wait or are they forever gone?

That's a damn good question that I don't have the answer to right now.  Actually all the accessories quite frankly.  Hmmm.  Unfortunately info available to me at this time is scanty at best.  I do all of our imports as well as CSR but I have not been in the loop as to the accessory situation as of.  I'll let you know when I am told and authorized to share.  thanks!

Fair enough -thank you.
Link Posted: 10/16/2009 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#2]
HK can go to hell
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 4:05:56 PM EDT
[#3]
One last question though...can you please tell those of us waiting on the SD kits.....should we continue to wait or are they forever gone?

That's a damn good question that I don't have the answer to right now.  Actually all the accessories quite frankly.  Hmmm.  Unfortunately info available to me at this time is scanty at best.  I do all of our imports as well as CSR but I have not been in the loop as to the accessory situation as of.  I'll let you know when I am told and authorized to share.  thanks!

Waiting on this info as well... let us know the moment you find out please!
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 8:12:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sititunga] [#4]
What's the likelyhood of H&K offering a 22lr version of their MP5.  The GSG is highly popular - I guess if they don't the GSG-5 will become a prized collectors item.
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 10:48:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By sititunga:

What's the likelyhood of H&K offering a 22lr version of their MP5.  The GSG is highly popular - I guess if they don't the GSG-5 will become a prized collectors item.

H&K is doing one, which is why they wanted GSG out of the way....but it'll probably run $900 because we suck, and they hate us.

Link Posted: 10/18/2009 11:03:26 PM EDT
[#6]
HK's will probably be a GSG with a piece of electrical tape over the GSG logo and "HK" crudely written over it in white-out.  

And then charge $900 for it!
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 1:41:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Gunnerpalace:
What's with the "Automatic Assault Weapon"?

Mine is nothing like that. Its not even an "assault weapon" there was no "shoulder thing that goes up"
(according the maker of the assault weapon law)
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 1:58:32 AM EDT
[#8]
HK will never get anymore of my money. I'm going to sell my USP's and get an American gun.
(Do we still make handguns? Fine I'll get another glock and a GSG-5 p.)

According to what I'm reading here they are claiming trade dress infringment because it says MP5 on the box? On my box it say MP5 on sticker on the box. Here's an idea stop putting the sticker on there and put a warning that says "Screw HK buy this cheap and reliable .22 since HK doesn't sell to the common folks anyway."

I don't even like the box. I kept it since this is the first MP5 look a like I could ever get my callused hands on.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 2:46:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm not a polite guy so...FUCK HK!

I was jonesing for a USC..but no more!  They will never get a dime of my money!
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 9:50:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Hk has allegedly contracted Umarex to manufacture 22LR versions of the MP5, MP7 and 416. They should be at the 2010 Shotshow. I hope that the prices are near GSG-5 prices, because I would like a MP7 22LR. I'm a Hk fanatic and have several of their products, but I think it was BS to sue GSG over the GSG-5, 5PK, 5P and 5SD. I have a PK and I have alot of fun with it.
I wish ATI/GSG best of luck with the situation. You have my support.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#11]
So it appears H&K "won" ... fortunately I have my GSG 5... but what about spare parts?

GSG 5 Suit Settled ...???...

Can anyone from German Sport Guns and American Tactical Imports Inc. (ATI) fill us in on what happens if you need replacement parts for your current GSG 5?

Thanks!

Okki
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#12]
GSG are great little plinkers, I love them, but HK won and that wont stop me from buying HK, or shooting GSG's.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#14]
love how everyone "knows" what has taken place.  anyway, my only fear is that no matter what did, prices will be going UP!
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 8:03:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I Think......................Jan 30th, rather than destroy, ATI should offer all arfcomer's on ATI's "good" list a chance to buy whats left  for $50 a piece...............cause $50 is better than No dollars for you guys !!  

Or just send them my way........I'll destroy by over use !!
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 8:16:10 PM EDT
[#17]
love how everyone "knows" what has taken place. anyway, my only fear is that no matter what did, prices will be going UP!

In the initial statement we posted regarding the suit we stated that we would not be changing any of our policies.  That stays the same through all of this for GSG and ATI.  Our goal now of course is to clear our inventory by 1/31/10.  That's the hard part of business of course, we don't want to have to destroy anything we can't move but yet ultimately the selling price is determined by the value of the product between the consumer and the retailer.  And if something is going to be discontinued...

I'm only gonna buy one if we have some left at the very end.

I was at a gun show this last weekend and the dealers have gone up $60 on each of their GSG models. Was told that its $60 for now and they will continue to go up.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#18]
love how everyone "knows" what has taken place. anyway, my only fear is that no matter what did, prices will be going UP!

In the initial statement we posted regarding the suit we stated that we would not be changing any of our policies.  That stays the same through all of this for GSG and ATI.  Our goal now of course is to clear our inventory by 1/31/10.  That's the hard part of business of course, we don't want to have to destroy anything we can't move but yet ultimately the selling price is determined by the value of the product between the consumer and the retailer.  And if something is going to be discontinued...

I'm only gonna buy one if we have some left at the very end.

naw.  i'm sure these current defunct gsg's will raise in price 'till they're gone.  i'm just referring to AFTER jan 31st, 2010.
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks like I got myself a gold bar.  And 10 22rd nuggets.
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 11:06:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Here are the 24 H&K lawsuits:

http://dockets.justia.com/search?q=H...26+KOCH%2C+INC
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 11:51:52 AM EDT
[#21]
That search term pulls up nothing.
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Doc_Strangelove:
That search term pulls up nothing.

Go to:  www.dockets.justia.com

Type in Heckler & Koch for party name.
Link Posted: 11/10/2009 6:54:23 PM EDT
[#23]
May as well get rid of all exisiting inventory before the deadline. Why sit on or destroy it ?

All GSG rifles must go, $350 - $390 for AR15 members.
Link Posted: 11/10/2009 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By hkusp:
May as well get rid of all exisiting inventory before the deadline. Why sit on or destroy it ?

All GSG rifles must go, $100 for AR15 members.

There... all better...
Link Posted: 11/12/2009 8:19:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Too damn bad we can't have these beauties up here in Kanukistan!
I know there are a couple thousand would go real fast.
Hopefully by the time your new models come out, whatever they be,
we have a current court case settled (in our favor), and we can start importing
your fun toys!

Later.....
Link Posted: 11/12/2009 2:24:33 PM EDT
[#26]
You would think if HK was smart, They would just contract GSG to make the MP-5 22 and save a lot of r&d and setup costs. Just change the logos and up the price by a couple of hundred bucks LOL.
Link Posted: 12/9/2009 11:39:22 AM EDT
[#27]
bump
Link Posted: 12/11/2009 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#28]
So, if HK won against GSG for theIr GSG-5, how te hell did colt LOSE against HK and their 416?!

HK copied a colt and won in court.....how.
Link Posted: 12/11/2009 4:28:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/11/2009 8:36:07 PM EDT
[#30]
how soon is soon? have an eta?
Link Posted: 12/11/2009 9:44:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By ss198:

The Shot Show in Jan 10 is when ATI's announcement comes out.    
Link Posted: 12/11/2009 10:06:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By BobCole:
Originally Posted By ss198:

The Shot Show in Jan 10 is when ATI's announcement comes out.    

Jan 19th - 22nd actually
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#33]
This is a damn shame!!!! I love my GSG-5! Its a great gun.... I love it because its accurate, its a gun that we can't normally get, and the ammo is cheap.

I WAS thinking about buying a HK USP .45, but not anymore the way those retards at HK act! Hk saw how much GSG and ATI was making and decided to take some money....... Screw you HK, YOU WILL NOT GET MY MONEY!!!!

To ATI and GSG......Please build an AUG, SA80 L85, or UZI. I will buy!!!! Or if you really want me to buy something and piss off HK, build a G36 copy!
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 9:48:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BobCole] [#34]
Originally Posted By stevenkids:

Jan 19th - 22nd actually

Ahem

Jan 10 is January 2010, not 10 Jan.    
Link Posted: 1/15/2010 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Allow me to be the bean spiller.

I talked to my FFL to see if a lay-away counted as a purchase or if I had to have my GSG-5 out by Jan 31 lest it be woodchippered... and she said I'm GTG, but I digress.

The GSGs remaining unsold aren't being woodchippered, just going back and that another manufacturer has already picked up production of it.

Guess who....

UMAREX. Based on what I'VE heard about their stuff, I'm glad I have the ATI coming. Plus, you know it's HK licensed which is likely gonna mean $$$$.
Link Posted: 4/4/2010 3:58:39 PM EDT
[#36]
So did the value of the GSG-5 go up or down on existing stock?
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By mjrowley:
So did the value of the GSG-5 go up or down on existing stock?

I'm guessing original GSGs will go up in value over time being almost exact copies.
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 12:23:22 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm new to ATI's GSG rifles but I did read here that H&K won their lawsuit against ATI who last last year announced they had to clear out their inventory on 1/31/10 and any left over Inventory had to destroyed yet I see they are still selling a model that looks like the MP5, GSG-522. Can someone help me understand how they can still sell an MP5 clone?
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 12:52:32 AM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By Maximum1:

I'm new to ATI's GSG rifles but I did read here that H&K won their lawsuit against ATI who last last year announced they had to clear out their inventory on 1/31/10 and any left over Inventory had to destroyed yet I see they are still selling a model that looks like the MP5, GSG-522. Can someone help me understand how they can still sell an MP5 clone?

If what you say is accurate, it would be ATI's inventory that had to be destroyed, not the inventory of the distributors or retailers. I'm sure they got it all out the door which is probably why prices dropped heavily around that time.

Link Posted: 5/17/2010 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Mateba:

Originally Posted By Maximum1:

If what you say is accurate, it would be ATI's inventory that had to be destroyed, not the inventory of the distributors or retailers. I'm sure they got it all out the door which is probably why prices dropped heavily around that time.

Nothing had to be destroyed. If it was already in a dealers shop, its safe. And they are still making MP5 clones with some alterations to the trade dress. Little tweaks here and there to make them just slightly less MP5-ish.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top