Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2020 12:42:45 PM EDT
Wanted a lightweight hunting build. Already have a few others including a Kidd supergrade. Picked up an Altamont walnut stock. Completely stipped and did a hand rubbed oil finish. Really brought out the grain. Also added my own version of the rear action spike. Brass furniture insert with a pointed grub screw

Fully bedded and pillared. Complete Kidd classic action, single stage 2lb trigger and ultra LW bbl.

Finished product. Forgot to add. The original epoxy type finish was hell to get off
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Good looking rifle. That stock turned out really nice.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you. I have a weak spot for good grain. Have a Marlin 883 .22 mag that has a beautiful stock. Bought it just for the wood. It'll get the same treatment some day!
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#3]
FOOOAAARRRRKKKKKK that's a beaut, Clark!

Well done.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:39:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you! I have some Tru-oil on the way to add a little sheen to the stock. Going this weekend to break her in
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top