Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2019 1:50:43 PM EDT
Anyone know if something like the Steiner OTAL-C will survive use on a 12 Ga. ?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#1]
i don't know the answer to your question but i like the way your thinking

i would also be interested to know which ir lasers would work on a 12 ga.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m not positive, but I think I saw a .mil pic of an atpial-c on a shotgun. I know that doesn’t mean anything but it stuck in my brain. See if I can find it.

Eta- if mil it was a not a “c” and was a real peq.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#3]
There was a well known company (but I can't remember which one) was marketing a three dot laser for shotguns. It was about a year ago, and I thought about buying one. A web search would likely turn it up.

Here's another I ran across.   https://www.rem870.com/2017/07/07/best-shotgun-laser-sights/
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve run my C on a 12g with no problems but doesn’t mean I won’t have problems. The C is designed the same as the mil one just with civie class lasers. If the mil ATPIAL will survive a 12g then the C will. That said the LA5 was designed for more recoil which I’ve seen in very rare cases on shotguns.

Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:10:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies... worse thing that can happen is it chokes.

I want to set up one of my SG's for night hunting coyote... when someone is on the thermal and I'm using my PVS-14, it would be nice to have a scatter gun for those close in "run past the caller" shots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top