Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2022 9:44:53 PM EDT
Are the new lancer L5AWM gtg for the 16s without modification?

I’m new to Scar.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 6:52:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine work fine. Gen 3 PMags are ok. I usually use USGI.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:40:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Simple test for any mag:

Remove lower, insert empty mag. See if the BHO is elevating at all. Push the mag to the side to see if any part of the back of the mag engages with the BHO. You are GTG if there is no interference.

Older Gen 2 Pmags and Lancer mags had a half moon cut out.  The newer cut outs are straight and have a wide opening.

You can remove some material to make the cut out larger (if there is interference) with a razor.

Metal mags are not immune from catching on the BHO. It’s worth taking the time to check all mags for peace of mind. A few aluminum mags still caught mine.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Simple test for any mag:

Remove lower, insert empty mag. See if the BHO is elevating at all. Push the mag to the side to see if any part of the back of the mag engages with the BHO. You are GTG if there is no interference.

Older Gen 2 Pmags and Lancer mags had a half moon cut out.  The newer cut outs are straight and have a wide opening.

You can remove some material to make the cut out larger (if there is interference) with a razor.

Metal mags are not immune from catching on the BHO. It’s worth taking the time to check all mags for peace of mind. A few aluminum mags still caught mine.
View Quote

I checked all my Okay Surefeed USGI and all are good to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top