Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2022 5:33:46 PM EDT
What is the chance that I can modify the lage 45 enhanced grip to work on my mac10 with sten mag grip? I would probably have to cut the front to reduce the width and somehow semi permanently attach to my grip.
I've never had the lage grip to look at it closely so I'm not sure cutting it on the front would be possible.
I really want to improve the grip on this thing specifically at the trigger guard area where my finger rests just under it.

Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:53:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally, I would contact Lage Manufacturing about this. A Sten mag conversion would tend to be a M11 size grip with the wider M10 trigger guard/feed ramp. It might be that you would need to modify a M11 grip for a wider M10 trigger guard/ feed ramp. Lage would be the one to ask IMHO.

My M10s have Uzi magwell conversions. The mags are cheap and plentiful. They are also double stack, double feed so I don't need a loading tool to fully load them. Sam at Practical Solutions does the conversion for $400 the last I knew. Good luck with your grip project.

Scott
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 9:05:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Personally, I would contact Lage Manufacturing about this. A Sten mag conversion would tend to be a M11 size grip with the wider M10 trigger guard/feed ramp. It might be that you would need to modify a M11 grip for a wider M10 trigger guard/ feed ramp. Lage would be the one to ask IMHO.

My M10s have Uzi magwell conversions. The mags are cheap and plentiful. They are also double stack, double feed so I don't need a loading tool to fully load them. Sam at Practical Solutions does the conversion for $400 the last I knew. Good luck with your grip project.

Scott
View Quote
The sten mag grip on my gun has the bump outs for insertion stop like the 45 has. The lage 9mm grip does not have these.
Not really looking to alter the gun right now and I already have about 50 sten mags. I did not realize that the trigger guard is wider on the 45 but if I'm cutting the lage grip it hopefully isn't an issue. What I think will be the issue is the width at the rear of the grip.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#3]
So a super nice member here has donated a lage grip to me.
It just goes to show how people here on arfcom and in the shooting/ firearm community are the nicest people.
I will update my progress when the grip arrives.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 8:26:07 PM EDT
[#4]
So I received the lage 45 grip. It actually fits pretty good without any modifications except for the backstrap mounting hole is in the wrong location.  I had to use the backstrap that was already on the gun. It is a little shorter than the lage but it works.
It's a much more comfortable with the lage grip.
I may try to modify the mounting hole on the lage grip later but we'll see.

Link Posted: 2/12/2022 9:11:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Very cool
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I received the lage 45 grip. It actually fits pretty good without any modifications except for the backstrap mounting hole is in the wrong location.  I had to use the backstrap that was already on the gun. It is a little shorter than the lage but it works.
View Quote

Thanks for sharing the results of your grip test.  I put in an order to do the same thing with mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top