Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Doesn’t seem to be much love for this. Seems like there were some issues originally. Have they not been resolved?  

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:40:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe buy a cmmg
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Took mine to the range today, another 100 flawless rounds.  No flyers at 25 yards.
This gun is really fun to shoot.  Good trigger and soft recoil.

Serial 19xx
Round count is now around 750 with no malfunctions, no bulging brass, or any other functional issues.  I'm using the two 25 round mags that came with the gun, but mostly two 15 rounders I got from HKparts.  They all work flawlessly.
Accuracy is good at 15-25 yards unsuppressed and unsupported using factory 230 grain ball and +P JHP.  No flyers.

Need to try with a suppressor.

Still having trouble getting the hang of removing the charging handle.

It's a premium piece, but worth $3K?  Well, if they made a 10mm version I would buy another one, so I guess the answer is yes.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#4]
What serial number should I be looking for when buying?

Are they really fixed?
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#5]
The newest ones have a serial number prefix of 4MA.

Mine has the original SMG prefix. 900 flawless rounds so far.  No malfunctions of any kind.  No "flyers".  Very fun to shoot.  I finally figured out the trick to remove the charging handle!

Today I made a serious effort to gauge accuracy at 25 yards, bag rest, with factory FMJ and JHP (no high-end match ammo, just Federal).

Best three shot group was 1.5 inches (6 MOA).  Most were 2 to 2.5 inches.  

For comparison I also shot my B&T APC 10 at the same range under the same conditions using Blazer Brass factory FMJ; I got several sub-1-inch groups (<4 MOA).

I'm not the best shot in the world.  I'm getting adequate, not great, accuracy from my SMG.  

An argument could be made that for $3K one should expect great accuracy.

But it is very reliable, and is really, really fun to shoot.

Link Posted: 12/28/2021 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Reached 1000 rounds with no malfunctions, no flyers, no bulged cases, no problems.

Accuracy is decent.  25 yard paper groupings described above.  Yesterday at the range I was easily hitting steel plates at 50 and 75 yards.  Unsupported, no suppressor.  Made an occasional hit at 100 yards; misses were probably more due to operator error than the gun.

Very fun to shoot!
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 8:51:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Time to get a suppressor . . . which suppressors work best with the SMG45?
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 9:08:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I’ve been running a TiRant on mine.  Interestingly enough, I’ve tied the accuracy issues to a particular piston for that can.  I’ve got 2 pistons in .578x28.  One has beveled edges on the outside/forward edge of the engagement teeth.  The other is square.  The one with square edges let’s the can pivot on those edges and cause major accuracy issues.  

Have a DA Ghost m in jail now, haven’t shot it on the LWRC yet though.  Looking forward to being able to run it in the short configuration.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 10:19:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Time to get a suppressor . . . which suppressors work best with the SMG45?
View Quote

I used an Obsidian 45 on mine.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I used an Obsidian 45 on mine.
View Quote

"Used"?  Did you get rid of your SMG?

I put an Obisidian 45 in jail today.  Hopefully with Eform 4 it won't be too long.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:14:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Delete
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

"Used"?  Did you get rid of your SMG?

I put an Obisidian 45 in jail today.  Hopefully with Eform 4 it won't be too long.
View Quote

No.  Poor choice of word, I guess.  I still have the SMG and still use the Obsidian on it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:43:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I just got mine. Anyone do a trigger swap yet?
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 10:06:45 PM EDT
[#14]
A local dealer in Houston just got a shipment of 10 in and offered it to me for $2750. I may roll the dice.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
A local dealer in Houston just got a shipment of 10 in and offered it to me for $2750. I may roll the dice.
View Quote

@ClickClickBoom. What dealer. I’m in Houston.

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 1:12:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong Clickclickboom :)
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Got my tax stamp back for my form1 to SBR my 45-smg . I don’t like shooting guns with those crazy pistol brace things so I waited 2 month to put a real stock on it . Put a holosun circle dot red dot with larue 660hk mount <— perfect height use same mount on my mpx . Sighted it in at 50’  it shot ok group size was some what sporadic nothing crazy 2-3’’ groups not horrible by any means . The 230g bullets and 200g hp where all my reloads . My rugged obsidian in short configuration didn’t make groups any smaller or larger <- that was a relief . Groups where ok again theres are. my reloads and it was 50’ . I was really just dumping ammo through it to get past 500-600 rounds for Initial break in apparently the gun tightens up a little bit after this initial break-in . Got 250rds so far . After sighting in red dot I went to the steel gallery which has various targets out to 50’ ranging from 6’’ rounds torso size targets skinny poppers and a large gong at 75’ . It just didn’t miss ! In that 75’ range it dominated . Double taps , triple taps . Quick target transitions thing just shot and shot . It locked back every time . Very happy with it and relieved it shots so well .
2 problems . When feeding first round from mag it didn’t seat bullet the hole way . Dropped mag pulled back charging handle and dropped bolt on cartridge half in chamber put mag in and off it went . This maybe loading to many bullets into mag . I noticed its easy to but over the 25rd into mag so maybe that and just breaking in a bit
The other in the trigger slap ! When the trigger resets from that heavy bolt resetting the trigger it slaps the trigger into your finger in a bad way . I mean It really frigid hurts and the next day it feels like I hit my finger with a hammer . When the sig mpx was going through the whole go ahead change the trigger to what ever you want to no you can’t change the trigger it will break them I used the larue flat faced mbt because mark larue was the only one who said go ahead use my trigger I don’t care . It won’t break if it does I’ll replace it . Sooooo I’m thinking the MBT will take the abuse it has in my mpx with thousands upon thousands round without a Hiccup
Ok there it is very sorry for the super long post
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Attachment Attached File

Thought I’d show off the shorties a little bit
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 6:09:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Wrong Clickclickboom :)
View Quote

Damn

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

@ClickClickBoom1  What dealer. I’m in Houston.

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 8:12:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Shot another 350rd through the smg-45 this weekend . 90% was shot suppressed with the obsidian 45 in short configuration . It shot fantastic . Had paper target at 25’ and it shot a ragged hole 2’’ across . After last use I took the gun completely apart even removing the barrel and cleaned oiled and reassembled and it shot great . The set screw holding the barrel in place is a bit of strange design but if it works I guess . Wish I could get a few Spare set screws and rubber buffer pad thing the bolt bounces off of it’s still in good shape but I can tell it not going to last forever that’s for sure . I’m very happy with it . Def didn’t get a dud or lemon mine shoot fantastic . Fingers crossed Lwrc got there shit together
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 1:49:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Another 300rd almost flawless rounds through the smg-45 this weekend . This was after a complete disassemble of the gun with barrel removed and reinstalled for cleaning . Gun was still zeroed and ran great . At the end of the range trip when it was very dirty it didn’t hold open once or twice but that was it .
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:05:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Another 300rd almost flawless rounds through the smg-45 this weekend . This was after a complete disassemble of the gun with barrel removed and reinstalled for cleaning . Gun was still zeroed and ran great . At the end of the range trip when it was very dirty it didn’t hold open once or twice but that was it .
View Quote

Out of curiosity....What range is your S/N in?
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#24]
4AM -00000 . I’ve been posting my results quit a bit more than I would have for any other firearm . With all those negative videos out there I’m sure lots of people are skeptical about paying the price for such a expensive weapon if it doesn’t work properly . I wanted this gun the secant I watched the shot show 2015 video on it . And when it did Finally come out it seem like it was a greatly flawed design and I was very apprehensive Ti say the least  . But mine have been phenomenal in every way . Can’t tell you how relieved I am it runs like it does
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 1:25:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Has anyone changed out there triggers yet ? Sorry if this has been covers already . I took out the stock trigger and replaced it with a geissele SSP flat face trigger . I did email lwrc and asked them if it Feasible to replace a trigger that doesn’t have the trigger bridge . They said go ahead some trigger work some don’t not much of guide from lwrc but they didn’t say no don’t replace it . Guess I’ll have just test it out and see how it does …..will report back if I ever get to the range . New job has me running ragged
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Xtreme Guns And Ammo.

They usually have them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks. Will check them out.

If you wanted to SBR them, what stocks fit?

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Thanks. Will check them out.

If you wanted to SBR them, what stocks fit?

View Quote

The hinge of the brace is designed for a UMP or B&T stock, so that’s what I used on my SBR.  Think I had to open up the hole in the hinge of the stock slightly because the hinge screw on the brace adapter was a little larger, but that wasn’t an issue.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#29]
www.robertrtg.com look under ump stocks . I had to open up the hinge screw hole a little bit as well . The only things I don’t like about them is it doesn’t lock in the folded position . And there’s no qd cup . I just got a qd cup thingy from cole-tac and use that it works good enough
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I have been a longtime SMG45 owner and have had mine sent back and fixed at LWRC.  Serial # 15xx.  I have had about 1000 rounds  through it since without any flyers or accuracy issues.  One thing i have been having trouble with is non-lwrc mags.  I bought a bunch off HKparts.net (USA made ump45 mags) and even downloading them to 20 rounds and putting in the stiffer springs they sell i am still getting rounds jammed when using these mags only.  If i use the v1 stamped lwrc mags i have zero issues.  Anyone use the HKparts.net mags and have any success getting them to run consistently?
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 9:37:10 AM EDT
[#31]
I had some issues with the hkparts mags.  I stripped and cleaned and lightly oiled the springs and used plastic cleaner and polish on the inside of mag.  It seemed to help some.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#32]
I don’t seem to have a problem with them . I’ll keep a closer eye on them but so far they have been gtg
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Doesn't seem to be much love for this. Seems like there were some issues originally. Have they not been resolved?  

View Quote
Yes there were well documented problems.  Most of the people posting about their newer guns claim they have a perfect gun now.  However there is still a chance you might get a lemon,  so much of a chance you have a thread full of people announcing the status of their purchase.  

In my opinion a gun that costs nearly $3k should never have had any problems, but manufacturers these days love to use customers for initial T&E.

BTW I suspect most designs using a moving barrel are subject to wearing out the parts that keep the barrel aligned.  It will be interesting hearing about the accuracy of these guns at 10k 20k 30k rounds.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 7:57:00 PM EDT
[#34]
What's everyone using for mag carriers for these fat ol' UMP mags?
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 8:58:17 AM EDT
[#35]
I'd like to know what people are using to carry the UMP mags as well, but not the reason I'm posting.

At the NRA Convention, I went to the LWRC booth.  I wanted to see one of these SMG-45's in person.  They didn't even bring one to the show.  The rep said something about not making them / weren't selling them right now and didn't want to advertise them / field a bunch of questions.

Anyone have any intel on this?

Link Posted: 6/4/2022 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'd like to know what people are using to carry the UMP mags as well, but not the reason I'm posting.

At the NRA Convention, I went to the LWRC booth.  I wanted to see one of these SMG-45's in person.  They didn't even bring one to the show.  The rep said something about not making them / weren't selling them right now and didn't want to advertise them / field a bunch of questions.

Anyone have any intel on this?

View Quote
This is a real shame.  Seems like this gun has been on my list for years.  Hopefully someone else sees the demand for this and steps up does the idea justice.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:38:31 AM EDT
[#37]
I went with a Pro2A Tactical 45 AR Pistol 7.5" bbl that uses Glock mags. I use the following stick mag pouch for the KCI and KRISS extension for Glock 21 mags.

Galati Gear 8 Pocket Shoulder Magazine Pouch
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#38]
1500 rounds through my SMG45 with no jams or malfunctions of any kind, suppressed or unsuppressed.
Question- anyone else experience POI change when shooting suppressed.  I had my SMG45 zeroed unsuppressed.  However, attaching my Obsidian 45 shifted the POI up about 3 inches at 15 yards.  Normal or something to fix??????
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 12:33:43 AM EDT
[#39]
No problems here at 25-50 yards.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 3:22:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Yes there were well documented problems.  Most of the people posting about their newer guns claim they have a perfect gun now.  However there is still a chance you might get a lemon,  so much of a chance you have a thread full of people announcing the status of their purchase.  

In my opinion a gun that costs nearly $3k should never have had any problems, but manufacturers these days love to use customers for initial T&E.

BTW I suspect most designs using a moving barrel are subject to wearing out the parts that keep the barrel aligned.  It will be interesting hearing about the accuracy of these guns at 10k 20k 30k rounds.
View Quote

What percentage of gun owners, even self-proclaimed "gun guy" types, will ever put 10k+ rounds through a single gun?

I'd take the under if you set the o/u at 1%.

It's another reason manufacturers can skimp on quality, most people will never shoot enough to find out.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Are these still being made? I was browsing RSR and noticed they were no longer listed for sale.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Armsunlimited just sent me an email with them for sale.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 6:17:11 AM EDT
[#43]
I just picked mine up here in Davison, MI $2600 Beautiful gun!
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#44]
It's taken me way to long to get back to the range with my SMG45.  It was an early model sent back for grouping concerns.  My original pattern from a supposed benchrest was about 12 inches at 20 yards.  I maintained 4 inches at 25 yds monopoding carelessly on the magazine.  Dramatic improvement.  The trigger has a very distinctive reset now too.  I commented on some of the changes here

Another interesting note.  I was shooting with my buddy who had the FTF issue with his early SMG.  We swapped bolts/buffers but there was no change for him there.  We got swapping magazines (LWRC V1, HK-parts gen 2 and LWRC V1 with updated spring) with mixed success.  He noted a wear on in front of the mag in front the bullet.  It looks like the bullet rides over the lip of the mag as it feeds, creating a crescent shaped cut in the edge of the mag.  It was rough so we smoothed it out.  He seemed to eliminate the FTF with that change.  I do not recall any other comments on that in this thread, so it is something to keep any eye on.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
1500 rounds through my SMG45 with no jams or malfunctions of any kind, suppressed or unsuppressed.
Question- anyone else experience POI change when shooting suppressed.  I had my SMG45 zeroed unsuppressed.  However, attaching my Obsidian 45 shifted the POI up about 3 inches at 15 yards.  Normal or something to fix??????
View Quote

If it only shifted up its probably normal. However check your can. Previous posters with groups that opened up with their cans saw evidence of a baffle strikes. I'm curious whether others with opened up groups are having baffle strikes as well. With some of the pics I've seen here it almost has to be. What else throws a group from a couple moa to 20 moa.
Page / 14
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top