Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2023 7:35:37 AM EDT
Good Morning. i just picked up an LPR Mod 1 and im curious to know if anyone in here still has one. and if so, what do you think about them? Its hard to find info given their small production numbers but they seem to be really accurate and run well.

also any pics of how you set yours up would be awesome too. i am thinking im going to run my Mk5 tremor 3 on it and my RC2 when it gets approved.  But i did consider going to a 1-8 atacr instead of the mk5, i never really shoot past 800 and i can do that with 8x pretty easily.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice pick up! What did you pay for it? Been looking for a mod 2 as I have a mod 1 currently.
Mine had the Krieger rollmarked, I believe it’s marked KBI.
My rifle loves the mk262 77gr ammo. Scope is a mk8 1-8, just bc I had it laying around. I might try the new nightforce 2.5-20.
I’ve used mine mainly for coyotes and ground hogs.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:40:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Good Morning. i just picked up an LPR Mod 1 and im curious to know if anyone in here still has one. and if so, what do you think about them? Its hard to find info given their small production numbers but they seem to be really accurate and run well.

also any pics of how you set yours up would be awesome too. i am thinking im going to run my Mk5 tremor 3 on it and my RC2 when it gets approved.  But i did consider going to a 1-8 atacr instead of the mk5, i never really shoot past 800 and i can do that with 8x pretty easily.
View Quote

They are a Kreiger barreled 18” Sr15.

The one I owned was picky on ammo, but shot really well with BH 77gr, and of all things wolf gold.

I ran mine with a mark 6 -18,

It’s a fine rifle.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Owned one, have a mod 2 LPR now. The mod 1 was not near as picky as my mod 2. Shot exceptionally well with magtech 77gr which I believe is out of production. I miss my mod 1 for the looks of the 3.1 rail.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#4]
The Mod 1 LPR I had would shoot dime size groups at 100yds with Black Hills 77gr OTM and 75gr Hornady TAP. Mine  also had the Kreiger marked barrel and was the most accurate 556 rifle I ever owned.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:11:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice pick up! What did you pay for it? Been looking for a mod 2 as I have a mod 1 currently.
My rifle loves the mk262 77gr ammo. Scope is a mk8 1-8, just bc I had it laying around. I might try the new nightforce 2.5-20.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

i got the upper for 2800, seemed a little high to me but ive really been wanting one! This one is marked KBI as well. I will have to grab some Mk262, I've been shooting a lot of Federal 77gr in my Mk12 and 14.5 Mod 2. They really like it

Thats funny, i'll probably put this thing on ground hog duty too so i was thinking 1-8 or maybe the 2-10 MK5

Quoted:
Owned one, have a mod 2 LPR now. The mod 1 was not near as picky as my mod 2. Shot exceptionally well with magtech 77gr which I believe is out of production. I miss my mod 1 for the looks of the 3.1 rail.

I wish they still Made that, wonder why they stopped? Ironically i was looking for a Mod 2 but came across this one. May consider a trade if you want to discuss it. i'll have to see if i fall in love with it or not lol

Quoted:
The Mod 1 LPR I had would shoot dime size groups at 100yds with Black Hills 77gr OTM and 75gr Hornady TAP. Mine  also had the Kreiger marked barrel and was the most accurate 556 rifle I ever owned.

Thats good to hear, getting me excited!
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:30:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

i got the upper for 2800, seemed a little high to me but ive really been wanting one!
View Quote

Just sell one of your FF RAS.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:03:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

i got the upper for 2800, seemed a little high to me but ive really been wanting one! This one is marked KBI as well. I will have to grab some Mk262, I've been shooting a lot of Federal 77gr in my Mk12 and 14.5 Mod 2. They really like it

Thats funny, i'll probably put this thing on ground hog duty too so i was thinking 1-8 or maybe the 2-10 MK5

I wish they still Made that, wonder why they stopped? Ironically i was looking for a Mod 2 but came across this one. May consider a trade if you want to discuss it. i'll have to see if i fall in love with it or not lol

Thats good to hear, getting me excited!
View Quote

If you put the new MK5 2-10 on the LPR please post up some pics. I am very interested in that scope and would like to see how it looks on a KAC rifle.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:25:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Just sell one of your FF RAS.
View Quote

Id rather die lol
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:26:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you put the new MK5 2-10 on the LPR please post up some pics. I am very interested in that scope and would like to see how it looks on a KAC rifle.
View Quote

I'll do that, it'll be a little while. been spending like a have a money tree in the back yard when i do not
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top