Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2021 3:12:01 PM EDT
Check out their site. Best price on that carrier in a very long time.

But if you don't care about the quick release, the non-quick release can be had for less on major sale events.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank You!

Missed out on the last deal snagged one.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:31:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Thinking about picking one up, curious if the "cut away" feature is destructive or just quick release?
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:01:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thinking about picking one up, curious if the "cut away" feature is destructive or just quick release?
View Quote

I believe @raf has one and can chime in.

I had one from a different manufacturer and if you pulled the cord it could take a few minutes to get it reassembled, but it causes no long-term damage, if that's what you mean.

My opinion is that the quick release is an emergency removal mechanism, but not something that you would want to use day in and out because of the PITA it creates to reassemble.

For people that work near the water, this is a must. Also, it has obvious benefits in the event you've been significantly injured and people need to render aid, without having to fight to get your PC off.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I had one from a different manufacturer and if you pulled the cord it could take a few minutes to get it reassembled, but it causes no long-term damage, if that's what you mean.

My opinion is that the quick release is an emergency removal mechanism, but not something that you would want to use day in and out because of the PITA it creates to reassemble.

For people that work near the water, this is a must. Also, it has obvious benefits in the event you've been significantly injured and people need to render aid, without having to fight to get your PC off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Releasable feature on my older 6094 RS Sentinel unit is not destructive at all; Can be re-assembled.  I'd strongly suggest some practice in re-assembling it, though.  Don't re-assemble for the first time in the dark, with cold, wet fingers.

Guessing that "Cut Away" feature is for benefit of medics, and in emergency situations.  I would expect that "Cut-Away" feature to be destructive.

That is an excellent price.  Strongly suggest checking-out their LBX site; click tab at upper right corner of LBT main page.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:36:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:12:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one of these on the way. Had been eyeballing the qrc v2 but the price on the sentinel was too good. The differences between their plate carriers are a bit confusing but this seems like a good one. I noticed in the description it says it has a ballistic suspension system. What does this mean?
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have one of these on the way. Had been eyeballing the qrc v2 but the price on the sentinel was too good. The differences between their plate carriers are a bit confusing but this seems like a good one. I noticed in the description it says it has a ballistic suspension system. What does this mean?
View Quote
IIRC, and just guessing, there is a unique belt-mounted/hip suspension system which is adaptable to some LBT PCs.  No experience with it.  Suggest you go to LBT site, and download full catalog, then look for such.

As-is, both my 6094 PCs have the usual internal nylon flaps to retain armor, secured by velcro.  Seem adequate, at the least.  Both also have separate, slimmer internal pockets for soft armor.

Some folks use both, to reduce trauma from bullet strikes/spalling on hard armor  Your call.

This extremely high level of quality, at this price, is a no-brainer, as long as user seeks a full-featured PC.  Equally well-made, less-featured PCs are certainly available, for appropriate prices.

Decide on your goal, and then scrimp and save to buy the best you can possibly afford.

I was 18 yrs old when I bought my first Nikon camera.  Never regretted it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:03:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks. I picked up some hesco 4401 when they were on sale. They're pretty heavy and I figure I need something quality to lug them around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top