Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2018 4:19:06 PM EDT
I’m in the process purchasing the L3 CNVD-T THERMAL IMAGER clip on sight. Before I pull the trigger I want to get some feed back on this unit. I plan on dropping this on a scar 17 and want to run currently with a night vision goggle set up at some point. So can anybody let me know if it’s worth the money or if I should go a different direction.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 4:49:04 PM EDT
[#1]
This is strickily my opinion, so take it for what it’s worth..... I wouldn’t spend 10k for a clip on.  I’d spend it for a dedicated unit. You’ll be happy with the image /function. But you could spend half that and get a trijicon and and still have a spectacular image .  I’m sure somebody will make the argument about usable magnification , and the advantages of that unit. And there would be some truth to it.  But we shoot pigs from under 40 yds on a regular basis. We shoot them over at over 100 , once they start running for their lives......  If you needed more base mag, you could opt for an mk3 , save some money, and weight on the front end of the rifle.  I was able to use one for a full night once .  It was nice. But I don’t know that it was nice enough to spend that much of MY money on it.   Again this is my opinion. If it’s what you want, I’m sure you’ll like it.  Good luck , and hope you kill lots of pigs
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Please disregard everything I just wrote.  For some reason my brain read lwts.  That’s not what you were asking about...... I don’t know what your intended use is for the thing. But 15k is a lot .  I would suggest LOTS of research to make sure this is what you want/need.  Whole bunch of quality stuff for way less money.  But it is your money .  Either way, good luck and enjoy
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 2:39:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 9:02:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info because I want to mount it I on a Scar H and a HK 762
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 4:27:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Bought one recently and it crapped out on me. Without using it on a rifle. Well known seller ignoring me, going to see if I can get it repaired when I’m back home.

Image wise it’s awesome, there are higher res models out there now though, I’d look into Trijicons offering. Heard great things.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top