Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2021 9:58:39 PM EDT
Kota Outfitters currently has Hesco L210's available for pre-order for $350 a pair. Use promo code GMLOGMD to take $50 off. 10x12 shooters cut is the only size they have available.

If you still need a set of plates and are on a budget, these are very impressive plates for the price. In combination with one of the various reasonably affordable carriers available like the Trex Arms AC1, add a clip-on placard and IFAK, and you've got a very good plate carrier setup for less than the cost of a budget AR15 with red dot, light, and sling.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:40:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup.
And usually they will get them to you faster than expected.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:07:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Great post OP.

There are now some solid and affordable options to get the basics.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:45:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yup.
And usually they will get them to you faster than expected.
View Quote

.... or USPS will lose the package and you’re stuck between a rock and a hard place.
FML.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:29:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a set of these last week for $375 delivered. What a great deal.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:29:18 AM EDT
[#5]
They were $326 shipped.  

I was about to order from trex arms for $370 before shipping.   Y
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Can someone help a newb out understanding the matrix on Hesco's website. Is it correct that the L210's stop NO pistol rounds? Search results just seem to turn up sites that have them for sale, and the same Hesco PDF.... Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:43:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Can someone help a newb out understanding the matrix on Hesco's website. Is it correct that the L210's stop NO pistol rounds? Search results just seem to turn up sites that have them for sale, and the same Hesco PDF.... Thanks in advance!
View Quote

It will stop pistol rounds without issue. Their ratings for that plate are screwy because it's a special threat plate and not a standard 3, 3+, or 4.

But there's no way it is stopping 5.56 855 and NOT 9mm, etc. It is even rumored to stop 308 with back face deformation that is a little excessive.

Good plates for sure, but the bad part is I feel like they're too thin to ride well in my carrier, so I spent more money on plate backers to aid with that ANd mitigate BFD with heavier rounds.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

L210s will stop all common pistol rounds just fine.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It will stop pistol rounds without issue. Their ratings for that plate are screwy because it's a special threat plate and not a standard 3, 3+, or 4.

But there's no way it is stopping 5.56 855 and NOT 9mm, etc. It is even rumored to stop 308 with back face deformation that is a little excessive.

Good plates for sure, but the bad part is I feel like they're too thin to ride well in my carrier, so I spent more money on plate backers to aid with that ANd mitigate BFD with heavier rounds.

Quoted:

Thank you both - I assumed that to be the case, but their matrix is just
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:23:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Will these L210 plates fit in a medium Crye JPC 2.0?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just purchased this same setup yesterday so tag for interest.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Everybody's new to something at one point. You have to remember that body armor has really not ever been marketed as a general consumer good. The promotional materials from reputable companies expect a certain baseline of knowledge, so if you don't know that essentially all modern, reputable ceramic plates are going to defeat an overwhelming majority of pistol rounds (even out out of carbine-length barrels) then it's reasonable to ask. This is what separates reputable companies from the questionable ones. The sleaze peddlers know most people don't know what they're looking at and don't know what questions they should be asking, and are just deceptive enough and misdirect attention to irrelevant things to close the hard sell.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Everybody's new to something at one point. You have to remember that body armor has really not ever been marketed as a general consumer good. The promotional materials from reputable companies expect a certain baseline of knowledge, so if you don't know that essentially all modern, reputable ceramic plates are going to defeat an overwhelming majority of pistol rounds (even out out of carbine-length barrels) then it's reasonable to ask. This is what separates reputable companies from the questionable ones. The sleaze peddlers know most people don't know what they're looking at and don't know what questions they should be asking, and are just deceptive enough and misdirect attention to irrelevant things to close the hard sell.
View Quote

Got some baseline reading material bookmarked for me? Will devour.....
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:12:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Did I see that the weight on these is 5.5 lb per plate? That accurate?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:22:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Got some baseline reading material bookmarked for me? Will devour.....
View Quote
I've been looking for a well-written, concise, up-to-date guide on this stuff for a while and I don't know of one. There's some stuff on other internet outlets but most of it is either wrong/incomplete in some major ways, old, or from an interested party. It's pretty unfortunate. Let me ask around, starting with @Buffman_LT1
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Hesco L210 are my first an only plates.  I chose them based on a lot of reading, research, and contemplating the most likely threats I could face in my AO.  I'm digging my Shellback Banshee 2.0 carrier I put them in as well.

I have almost no experience with plates, but I've been impressed with the quality I can see in the L210.  Yesterday, I ordered a second set of them from Kota for my son and they already shipped them this morning!  Great company from all accounts I've seen.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:44:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've been looking for a well-written, concise, up-to-date guide on this stuff for a while and I don't know of one. There's some stuff on other internet outlets but most of it is either wrong/incomplete in some major ways, old, or from an interested party. It's pretty unfortunate. Let me ask around, starting with @Buffman_LT1
View Quote
I unfortunately don't have much to share reading format wise. Most of what I've learned came from bugging people via text messages, :D
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

People recommend medium carriers for these.
I have mine in a medium BFG Plateminus & they fit perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hesco L210 are my first an only plates.  I chose them based on a lot of reading, research, and contemplating the most likely threats I could face in my AO.  I'm digging my Shellback Banshee 2.0 carrier I put them in as well.

I have almost no experience with plates, but I've been impressed with the quality I can see in the L210.  Yesterday, I ordered a second set of them from Kota for my son and they already shipped them this morning!  Great company from all accounts I've seen.
View Quote

Shipped in one day despite the lead time warning?  Dang.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Good find OP and thank you for sharing.

I wish I could get my friends to buy 3810s, but I'm friends with a lot of cheap skates apparently so I'll let them know about this deal. Appreciate it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:32:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

The pistol round section of the matrix describes limitations for their pistol-only armor panels. You can assume their rifle plates will stop all pistol rounds.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#23]
The L210 is rumored to stop both M855A1 and M80, albeit with excessive backface deformation and inconsistent results of whether it stops at least 3 rounds.

I suppose we'll have to wait for Buffman to do a video on it to find out its real limitations.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The pistol round section of the matrix describes limitations for their pistol-only armor panels. You can assume their rifle plates will stop all pistol rounds.
View Quote

Thanks @Brian01 I figured they'd be more explicit, given the legal risk, etc. At any rate, they're on the way... Would love to see more pics of them in people's setups
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:23:43 PM EDT
[#25]
I as well got a shipping notice in less than 24 hours for anyone curious.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:10:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Did I see that the weight on these is 5.5 lb per plate? That accurate?
View Quote

I do not have a scale to weigh them, but it feels accurate. Also, I just got mine from T Rex Arms yesterday and UPS Tracking said the package weight was 12 lbs.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:33:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

@AR_Shorty @Midsheeple

Yes, it will. But consider buying the Swimmers Cut version of the JPC 2.0, which will be a better fit for the shape of these plates that Kota is selling.

I know Crye unfortunately doesn't publish any sort of plate-to-carrier sizing compatibility information on their website, other than "gEt A mEdIuM cArRiEr FoR mEdIuM pLaTeS" (duh).

But before you go dropping hundreds of dollars, you could just email Crye's customer service and ask them "Hey which carrier shape and size should I get for a set of Hesco L210 shooters cut 10x12 plates?".
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Almost pulled the trigger on these plates.

I have a set of highcom 4sas7 multi curve currently.

I'm barrel chested and they form to me well.

I'd like to cut weight on my gear, as my highcoms are roughly 7lb a plate.

Is it worth going lighter and single curve, versus heavier multi curve?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bear in mind the only plates I've ever worn for extended periods of time were my issued SAPIs when I was in, and my Botach plates. Both of which are multicurved. I've only ever briefly held the L210's up against my body. So take my opinion with a grain of salt.

But the L210's didn't seem like they'd be particularly uncomfortable. And bringing the weight down from 7lbs to 5.5lbs per plate (weight of a 10x12 L210) is a pretty significant weight savings while still protecting from any rifle threats you'll ever realistically need to worry about.

If I were starting from scratch right now buying my first plate carrier, I'd be buying the L210's instead of the Botach plates and getting a Trex AC1 carrier.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

It has been my experience a heavier multicurve plate is significantly more comfortable than a lighter single curve plate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top