Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2018 8:11:51 AM EDT
Where can i pickup one of those L/E marked mags?
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#1]
If someone happens to be selling one in the EE or on another forum.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#2]
HK stoped producing MP5 mags with LEO markings.  They come up for sale occasionally.  Be prepared to act fast and pay a premium.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 5:10:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
HK stoped producing MP5 mags with LEO markings.  They come up for sale occasionally.  Be prepared to act fast and pay a premium.
View Quote
Bummer  I am not concerned with authenticity.  Where can I get some of my mags marked up like the real thing?
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Bummer  I am not concerned with authenticity.  Where can I get some of my mags marked up like the real thing?
View Quote
Any laser engraver worth his salt should be able to reproduce.  There is a guy on facebook who laser engraves glocks he does some crazy awesome work, well his laser does anyways.  San Antonio laser engraving.

Or you could start a want to buy or trade ad.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 7:29:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Do the LE marked ones sell for more?
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 7:47:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a couple, are they really in demand?
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do the LE marked ones sell for more?
View Quote
I dont think so, on gunbroker they are listed for similar price as normal mags and they aren't selling
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 9:54:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks everyone
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Gatewood supply has them
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 10:53:18 PM EDT
[#10]
are the l/e marked mags all made by H/K?  Are their crappy quality ones or all good to go?
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 11:55:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Any mags made for the US market between 1994-2004 were marked similarly, but I've never seen the distinctive HK LE markings duplicated on non-HK MP5 mags. I don't recall other brands being available prior to 2004 (besides Beta C 100 rounders). Special Weapons had the first non-HK MP5 mags I ever saw, around 2006.

I have several brands of aftermarket MP5 mags... SW, ATI, MKE, and they've all been 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I just checked Gatewood and saw they are asking $110 apiece for used LEO-marked mags- didn't realize these commanded a premium.  I'm going to see how many I have in the stash.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 12:55:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Man, I had been wanting one just for internet cool points when I post pictures online. But not to the tune of $100+.

Maybe I'll accidentally stumble over one someday...
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 7:36:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Now that I think about it, someone on a thread here somewhere made a comment about the LEO-marked mag in this picture I posted and I wasn't even thinking that these were all that special.  Kind of surprised that a reminder of a bad time in American gun ownership history ('94 AWB) is so desirable.

Link Posted: 3/29/2018 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#15]
True, but after thinking about it for a few minutes, I realized that it's probably a good thing that we remember awful times like that.  It keeps us from forgetting the nonsense that politicians can force on us if we're not vigilant.

Ugh, your picture makes me want one even more now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
True, but after thinking about it for a few minutes, I realized that it's probably a good thing that we remember awful times like that.  It keeps us from forgetting the nonsense that politicians can force on us if we're not vigilant.

Ugh, your picture makes me want one even more now.
View Quote
Valid point.  I too have thought that on a few occasions.  the '94 AWB was long ago enough that there's a whole lot of young guys who don't know how fortunate they are to be able to buy $20 and $30 standard cap pistol mags.  I still clearly remember the days of buying pistols during the ban and then having to pay gouger prices at gun shows for pre-ban factory standard cap mags, and it sucked.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah they look a little cooler (just like most would prefer a PROPERTY OF U.S. GOVT. marked M16 to a plain one), but the lettering rusts easier where the laser engraved down to the bare steel. Then they don't look as cool.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#18]
https://www.gatewoodsupplyco.com
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 12:27:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yeah they look a little cooler (just like most would prefer a PROPERTY OF U.S. GOVT. marked M16 to a plain one), but the lettering rusts easier where the laser engraved down to the bare steel. Then they don't look as cool.
View Quote

But serious though why do they rust so freaking easily
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

But serious though why do they rust so freaking easily
View Quote
That's the 'no compromise' leaking out.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 11:46:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Gatewood supply has them
View Quote
https://www.gatewoodsupplyco.com/HK-MP5-9mm-30-Rd-Magazine-LEO-RESTRICTED--Excellent_p_628.html

$109.99 each.  Ouch!
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 6:31:02 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
You think that is bad, check this one out.
15rd LE marked
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Now that I think about it, someone on a thread here somewhere made a comment about the LEO-marked mag in this picture I posted and I wasn't even thinking that these were all that special.  Kind of surprised that a reminder of a bad time in American gun ownership history ('94 AWB) is so desirable.

https://i.imgur.com/iaZWeYf.jpg
View Quote
That was me who commented on the pic you posted in the KAC thread. My Zenith 5RS is on it’s way. I should get it Tuesday. I just started looking for these mags to go with it. Due to seeing your pic. I’ve got the MP5 RAS and KAC optic rail ready to go on. I’ll file my form 1 the day I get it. I have no clue on the price of mags so I came here looking for info. What I’ve seen so far is HK factory 30rd seem to be 65-80. These LE marked 100-125. Any more accurate info would be great.

On another note I remember in the time of the Brady bill buying a pistol but having to order high capacity mags online. Which it seems to me that I remember the internet was nothing like today.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That was me who commented on the pic you posted in the KAC thread. My Zenith 5RS is on it’s way. I should get it Tuesday. I just started looking for these mags to go with it. Due to seeing your pic. I’ve got the MP5 RAS and KAC optic rail ready to go on. I’ll file my form 1 the day I get it. I have no clue on the price of mags so I came here looking for info. What I’ve seen so far is HK factory 30rd seem to be 65-80. These LE marked 100-125. Any more accurate info would be great.

On another note I remember in the time of the Brady bill buying a pistol but having to order high capacity mags online. Which it seems to me that I remember the internet was nothing like today.
View Quote
Congrats on your purchase!
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 2:02:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Holy fuck, do people really pay that for the mags?
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 5:07:14 PM EDT
[#27]
What collapseable stock goes on the 5RS when I get my form 1. Is it the HK94/A3 or will others work like A1 or ???

Can I just screw my AAC ECO-9 on to use for now?
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 7:58:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Damn, I just sold 7 of the Le marked used ones for $30 each to the guy who bought my MP5SD post sample MG, guess I missed out on that one, but that is what I paid for them back in 2003 when I got the MG.

At one point I had 50 of them for MG shoots I did, sold off 30 of them when I found the rapid loaders with the 30 round pre loaded strips, those things are like stealing.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 8:22:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Ok I’ll just say it now...anyone else who has some of these to unload please let this new MP5 owner know(me)
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 7:49:02 AM EDT
[#30]
FWIW- I saw a bunch at a local gun show this weekend. They were lightly used but still looked good and priced @ $85.

I know it doesn't help you with a source but maybe it gives you a reference for cost.

Actually, I know http://b3armament.com/ has some for sale. I am not sure of the price. They don't have an online store but you can call (or e-mail) the shop directly and I am sure order over the phone. Good people.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 8:38:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
FWIW- I saw a bunch at a local gun show this weekend. They were lightly used but still looked good and priced @ $85.

I know it doesn't help you with a source but maybe it gives you a reference for cost.

Actually, I know http://b3armament.com/ has some for sale. I am not sure of the price. They don't have an online store but you can call (or e-mail) the shop directly and I am sure order over the phone. Good people.
View Quote
I know Bernie very well if that’s the same B3. I’ve spent thousands with him. The price check definitely helps. I know a lot of people sold them for 30-50 dollars some years ago but 85-100 is what I’ve seen for the last few months I’ve been paying attention.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:00:05 AM EDT
[#32]
I picked up two at Knob Creek for $60 ea.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I know Bernie very well if that’s the same B3. I’ve spent thousands with him. The price check definitely helps. I know a lot of people sold them for 30-50 dollars some years ago but 85-100 is what I’ve seen for the last few months I’ve been paying attention.
View Quote
Yep, the same Bernie. Great guy. Give him a call and he will set you up with what you need.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top