Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2020 5:21:17 PM EDT
Just impulse bought a vector pistol .45 in artic white  I have a ton of surplus .45 to burn through and couldnt find anything I want to shoot it thru.  I know nothing about them  Never see any discussions about then either.  Whats the deal?  Cheap mags?  Accessories?
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just impulse bought a vector pistol .45 in artic white  I have a ton of surplus .45 to burn through and couldnt find anything I want to shoot it thru.  I know nothing about them  Never see any discussions about then either.  Whats the deal?  Cheap mags?  Accessories?
View Quote

Fun little guns.  Put a pistol brace on it and good to go.  Fun to shoot suppressed.  I have a 9mm.

Only negative I have is when firing and holding the lower receiver like the magwell of a ar,  you can accidentally drop the magazine when your thumb meat presses against it.

Attachment Attached File

Bedroom drawer gun.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:44:26 PM EDT
[#2]
It comes with a brace.  And I have a can for it.  Octane .45.  30 rnd mags are $60! and out of stock everywhere.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Neat concept but notorious for breaking and reliability issues, there’s a reason nobody has them in serious use. They’re fine for boutique range toys and light duty. I wasn’t too impressed with the one I had.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#4]
https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/kriss-vector-folding-stock-adapter/
while you're there pick up a set of these.
https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/kriss-vector-safety-selectors/

https://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-30-round-45-mag-fits-Glock-21-30-41-p/glk-21-30.htm  
These magazines have been flawless. No failures whatsoever.

https://shop.starkequipment.com/product.sc?productId=29
This is a great angled foregrip, but you need to mill a little off the back to make it fit.

Your barrel has HK M16x1 LH thread pattern . You might want to find an adapter for .578x28.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:59:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I approve. original rifle version with abortion of a faux suppressor. Removed it and cut and crowned barrel myself

Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:notorious for breaking and reliability issues
View Quote

What breaks? And what reliability issues? Not doubting you, trying to learn.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:01:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/kriss-vector-folding-stock-adapter/
while you're there pick up a set of these.
https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/kriss-vector-safety-selectors/

https://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-30-round-45-mag-fits-Glock-21-30-41-p/glk-21-30.htm  
These magazines have been flawless. No failures whatsoever.

https://shop.starkequipment.com/product.sc?productId=29
This is a great angled foregrip, but you need to mill a little off the back to make it fit.

Your barrel has HK M16x1 LH thread pattern . You might want to find an adapter for .578x28.
View Quote

So I need an adapter for my octane.  Where is the best place to get one?  Silencerco?
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Fun guns, just a tad bulky for what they are. This will take as much (or little) creep out of your trigger as you wish:
Farrow Tech Trigger mod
Note:  Remove the rail sliding it toward the muzzle to avoid blemishing your side fold adapter.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the info.  I ordered some of the clear 30 rnd mags and found a place for the threaded adapter (infinate product solutions).  Now I want to upgrade the brace that it comes with but not sure what to replace it with.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 4:04:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I approve. original rifle version with abortion of a faux suppressor. Removed it and cut and crowned barrel myself

View Quote

I own a Kriss Vector 9mm SBR gen 2 post 2017 with a defiance DS150 stock (see picture below).
I'd like to replace it with the old gen 2 Kriss Vector folding stock made for hinged upper (like the one above sent by 04Vermont21), I really don't like the new folding stock.
I can't find a way to install it, does someone know if there is some kind of adapter that's been made for this purpose (buffer to hinged) or maybe a similar M4 stock for milspec buffers?
I contacted Kriss USA, they don't have that kind of adapter.

https://imgdump5.novarata.net/k9o9eo.jpg
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 5:03:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:notorious for breaking and reliability issues

I'm curious too. Granted I only have a little over 500 rounds through my 9mm, I haven't had any issues. Have you tried getting mags with extensions directly from Kriss? They run them and the extensions on sale periodically for reasonable prices.

The ergonomics are a little different, but once you get used to that it's fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 6:49:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm curious too. Granted I only have a little over 500 rounds through my 9mm, I haven't had any issues. Have you tried getting mags with extensions directly from Kriss? They run them and the extensions on sale periodically for reasonable prices.

The ergonomics are a little different, but once you get used to that it's fun to shoot.
View Quote

The extended mags from KRISS are $69!?  Even on sale thats pricey.  I bought a Glock 21 just to have a gun that uses the same mags.  I tried the clear 32 rounders and while they feel cheap they work with the 21.  Also saw sgm 26 rnd mags for $12, and another brand I forget.  I wonder how they work.  I have a feeling the clear ones arent going to last.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 3:14:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The extended mags from KRISS are $69!?  Even on sale thats pricey.  I bought a Glock 21 just to have a gun that uses the same mags.  I tried the clear 32 rounders and while they feel cheap they work with the 21.  Also saw sgm 26 rnd mags for $12, and another brand I forget.  I wonder how they work.  I have a feeling the clear ones arent going to last.
View Quote

If the clear ones are ETS brand, I haven't had any issues with the 9mm versions. I've even left some loaded for months at a time just to see how they would hold up to the spring pressure. I don't disagree about the KRISS complete mags being pricey at $69. The extensions go for reasonable prices on sale. I just picked up 5 for $99 shipped for a second time in the past 6 months.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 4:42:59 AM EDT
[#14]
They've always struck me as fucking enormous glocks.  At least the civilian models.  There doesn't seem to be anything useful it's doing with all that extra size.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They've always struck me as fucking enormous glocks.  At least the civilian models.  There doesn't seem to be anything useful it's doing with all that extra size.
View Quote

I agree, but more research shows that the recoil system is different.   They are supposed to be smooth shooters.  Im still waiting on mine so I have no first hand reviews.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 1:02:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I agree, but more research shows that the recoil system is different.   They are supposed to be smooth shooters.  Im still waiting on mine so I have no first hand reviews.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I thought at first too. I had a chance to get one at a really good price, so I took a chance. After shooting it I was a believer. A couple of friends shot mine and within a week had both purchased one. I was able to shoot mine back to back with a 9mm AR, a Scorpion pistol and carbine, a Kel-Tec Sub 2000, and an Uzi. Its got less muzzle movement and felt recoil than all of the others on that list. The only 9mm PCC with less recoil I've shot to date is the Sig MPX but I hear you get a face full of gas from the Sig if you suppress it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 6:22:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Vector is great to suppress!
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Excluding the MP5, the Kriss is the smoothest shooting subgun I’ve come across.  Correction, the P90 is just stupid fun too. Somewhat bulky for what it is in the semi auto format. The action is really just a novelty in SA 9mm. Definitely not as compact of other “K” sized options available but I still enjoy it for what it is.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guarantee I can outshoot you with an SBR/braced Kriss versus a factory Glock.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 10:19:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trolling?  

Third point of contact, greater weight and mitigation system for recoil, longer barrel for higher velocities, no nielson device needed for suppression...

The only commonalities of a Kriss and a Glock is that they shoot the same type of ammunition and share magazines.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:57:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a Gen 1 45 that I SBRed. I love it, have at least 500 rds thru it, mostly suppressed. SGM 30+ rd mags work well, but those cheap ass Korean ones don't. Easy to install the mag extensions on a factory G21 mag.
One thing to be careful of, it likes to be clean before shooting suppressed. Main issues I've had was using dirty ammo while suppressed, then I didn't clean it before going shooting with it months later. Not as forgiving in that regard as a Glock.

One major dislike I have is the sights. I bought mine used with mbus sights on it, and those as well as the factory ones are too high for the slowpoke .45acp. I bought some MP7 takeoffs that work great because even folded they have a post/notch set-up. brings the sightline closer to the bore-axis.

And I also agree with the poster above who mentioned the PS90 and the Kriss as the most fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#22]
The .45 model I had was quite impressive and was one of the earlier versions. I had the pistol model and it was amazingly accurate with just the iron sights. I didn't seem to notice any difference in recoil like they state they should have but it was fun to shoot and not punishing. The biggest issue I had was using the cocking mechanism. That joker was not easy to do if the hammer was not pre-cocked initially. I took it to the range a few times and my friends came with me but when it came to charging it, we all found it difficult to do. Anyway, mags can be pricey,especially now with the craziness going on,( future election,covid,etc.), but the prices are worth it if you plan to use for home/defense. Mine ran like a top and ate everything I put through it,even the cheap stuff. At the time they didn't have the arm braces but they look like a great addition for the pistol.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

The biggest thing to be aware of is they eat extractors. The 16" barrel models have reliability issues supposedly and the Gen 1 pistols had issues with extraction and putting spent brass over the bolt when cycling.

My Gen 2 9mm has had a couple of issues when I get it hot after 3-4 mag dumps, and doesn't like ETS mags.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Got it yesterday.  Very accurate with the irons, just had to adjust the front sight a ton though.  Hard to charge but almost no recoil.  Love it.  Got an MRO on it today but its raining out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:00:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By chucku:
Got it yesterday.  Very accurate with the irons, just had to adjust the front sight a ton though.  Hard to charge but almost no recoil.  Love it.  Got an MRO on it today but its raining out.
View Quote

My charging handle spring loosened up a little after a few hundred cycles.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Got the mro dialed in and its a shooter.  Hittting 3'' steel at 100.  Love the sound that .45 makes compared to 9mm on steel.  Worth the price to me.  I did notice the charging get easier or Im getting used to it.  300 rnds so far.  2 ftf.  Dont know what thats about yet.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 11:39:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Fun little guns.  Put a pistol brace on it and good to go.  Fun to shoot suppressed.  I have a 9mm.

Only negative I have is when firing and holding the lower receiver like the magwell of a ar,  you can accidentally drop the magazine when your thumb meat presses against it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/307103/972B880E-0136-4AF8-98DE-2EE59E1C3621_jpe-1350904.JPG
Bedroom drawer gun.
View Quote

Glad to see a healthy thread about the KRISS Vector.  I've enjoyed mine but don't get it out as much as I like. I also had the issue hitting the mag release when gripping around the front.  After my stamp came in I SBRed it and was able to put on the VFG.  Makes it much easier to shoot and control.  With a can and 158gn 9mm subs it is very quiet!
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 10:51:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By RandomGuy1911A1:

The biggest thing to be aware of is they eat extractors. The 16" barrel models have reliability issues supposedly and the Gen 1 pistols had issues with extraction and putting spent brass over the bolt when cycling.

My Gen 2 9mm has had a couple of issues when I get it hot after 3-4 mag dumps, and doesn't like ETS mags.
View Quote

I have an SBR'd Gen1 in 45ACP with a Double Tap Binary Trigger.  I have somewhere between 7,500 and 8,000 rounds through it with zero broken parts so far.  The Extractor is still going strong, and with Binary Trigger mag dumps and running suppressed the internals get a lot of hard use.  I guess I am just lucky because I have heard people say the Kriss breaks parts often but that has not been my experience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top