Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2018 5:50:03 PM EDT
Gunprime has several models, calibers, and colors for under 1k, many 40 cal at $949.

Even saw a 10mm pistol for i think $970

And remember, you can swap lowers like an AR swaps uppers.

I FO’d on a FDE pistol for just under $970 shipped to my FFL.  I love these things, this makes my fourth.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#1]
If I could get a SBR config for under a grand, I'd really want one.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently picked up my hinged 10mm SDP for under 1K. The hinged models are becoming very rare.

Link Posted: 10/4/2018 8:14:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Does the recoil feel weird and unnatural?
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Recoil feels normal but no “face slap” like i have gotten with other PCC
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I recently picked up my hinged 10mm SDP for under 1K. The hinged models are becoming very rare.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/KRISS%20Vector%20SDP/81841C39-59D8-4BE2-933F-FC971D873180_zps3vgrmhf7.jpg
View Quote
NICE.  Thx for the pic, this thread needed that.

I also ordeted the FDE.  Almost went with the white.  Both my green 9mm and black 45 SBR have the hinged stock.

The new folding either side/collapsing stock looks good too
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 9:01:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Serious question here. What is the deal with the Kriss? Big, bulky, pistol caliber ugly. I just don't get it I guess. I mean for 1k I can build an AR9 with a Deadfoot arms Modified Cycling Systems buffer assembly for a 13 inch OAL, or put the side folder on it with an SBA 3 brace and have the same concept WITHOUT being at the mercy of proprietary parts, mags, etc. And have money left over. I guess I'm not getting the attraction of the gun. Must be my pragmatic nature coming home to roost.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 12:18:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, you sort of answered your question.  For me, its not an AR.

I like that i dont get face slap.

They are short and suppress very nicely.

I think its a nest design.  Its kind if funny i lik guns for their design, not just their function.  I see them as pro-gun art.

Do you feel the same about orher brands of PCC as well, or is it somewhat personal with the Kriss?
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 12:23:21 AM EDT
[#8]
could actually swing one right now but CA.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 3:05:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well, you sort of answered your question.  For me, its not an AR.

I like that i dont get face slap.

They are short and suppress very nicely.

I think its a nest design.  Its kind if funny i lik guns for their design, not just their function.  I see them as pro-gun art.

Do you feel the same about orher brands of PCC as well, or is it somewhat personal with the Kriss?
View Quote
Nothing personal in re the Kriss. It just looks so overbuilt and klunky. Ruger 9mm PCC for example follows normal form for function, as did the Marlin Camp 9/45 carbines. In my experience, a properly designed and fitted rifle/carbine should allow a good fit when shouldered. Again being a pragmatist.............I just see the Kriss as kinda like putting a corvette body on a VW Beetle frame.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 11:17:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nothing personal in re the Kriss. It just looks so overbuilt and klunky. Ruger 9mm PCC for example follows normal form for function, as did the Marlin Camp 9/45 carbines. In my experience, a properly designed and fitted rifle/carbine should allow a good fit when shouldered. Again being a pragmatist.............I just see the Kriss as kinda like putting a corvette body on a VW Beetle frame.
View Quote
Although I haven’t shot mine yet, when I raise it up to shoulder the feel is really nice. I’m in the camo with it’s not an AR platform. Yea you can get one for $500 or less I guess, but I’d rather have more than one platform style.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:15:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have 14 SBR's and only 2 of them are AR's.  I too like the fact this IS NOT AN AR.  Of all my SBR's the Kriss shoulders faster and feels more natural than just about anything else.  Maybe that is because mine has the original stock design (can't figure out why they changed it).  It may seem bigger and heavier than other PCC's but my 7.5" AK and my MP5 weigh more.  I installed a Double Tap binary trigger in mine and now I can take advantage of the recoil system as it was truly designed.  On an average day I can run the trigger at about 700 rpm.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 12:57:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Thread needs nore pics...added the cheapest brace i could find, easy install and really comfy.  Excited to go shooting!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 10:42:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Here goes mine
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I replaced my upper assembly with one that has the folding hinge and still need to have it cerakoted FDE, mine also runs great with Korean mags

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 12:23:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I replaced my upper assembly with one that has the folding hinge and still need to have it cerakoted FDE, mine also runs great with Korean mags

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/361826/20181020_200314_jpg-713057.JPG
View Quote
How much was the upper assembly? I got the ABArms folding attachment, but I would have done that instead if the price was right.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:03:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How much was the upper assembly? I got the ABArms folding attachment, but I would have done that instead if the price was right.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/361826/20181020_200314_jpg-713057.JPG
$250ish can't remember the exact cost.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Looking good!

You know what would be cool?  Spare magazine storage in the pistol grip.

I jeed nore 40 mags so if the korean ones work ill get more of them.
 But where are the cheapest Glock OEM 40 mags?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 6:49:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Does caliber run any differently on this platform? I know very little about KRISS, as I have none in the stable. This thread has piqued my interest.

My naturally instincts would be to go with 9mm simply because it’s cheap to shoot and this is a range toy.

Curious though if you guys went 45 or 10mm for any specific reason?

40 is out for me.

Thx All
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Does caliber run any differently on this platform? I know very little about KRISS, as I have none in the stable. This thread has piqued my interest.

My naturally instincts would be to go with 9mm simply because it’s cheap to shoot and this is a range toy.

40 is out for me.

Thx All
View Quote
I have 2 kriss, one an sbr 45 gen 1 and the other is a 10mm pistol gen 2 with a brace. I like both and at some time will get a 9mm but that may be awhile.  Both 45 and 10mm are not bad with recoil in the Kriss platform alot less than a blowback AR. Both of mine are very accurate and fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:46:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I agree.
I went 45 first due to capacity and suppressed use.

I think id buy a kriss in 45 or 10 and save the 9 for something else like a Scorpion—i have Kriss in 9 and shoot it the least as i tend to grab the Scorpion
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 7:15:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Question for owners that have multiple calibers, are the upper assemblies compatible with all calibers? IE if you originally bought a 9mm gun an you simply swap lowers to a 45/10mm lower? I noticed that Kriss was selling the early gen2 folding uppers but they were labelled as for 9/40 guns.

As soon as I decided I wanted a pistol, the side folding variants pretty much became non-existent. I would prefer a 10mm, but I guess I would settle for a 45 or 9 if they're all compatible.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 8:10:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Still looking for a gen3-g19 to complete the set.

Link Posted: 10/25/2018 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

40 is out for me.

Thx All
View Quote
I went with 45ACP because mine is a gen1 and that is all that was available at the time.  I SBR'd mine and swapped out the crappy trigger for a Double-Tap Binary trigger.  It rocks at about 700 rounds per minute (2.2 seconds to dump a mag) and in 45ACP it is a "beast".  Closest I will ever get to a full-auto Kriss
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 10:49:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks All, looks like 45 might be the direction I will go.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 12:46:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Shot it yesterday only 50 rounds but I gotta say these braces work better than I imagined they would!
Shot XM40HC, recoil face and trigger slap were all non existent.

Trigger suprisingly felt best of the 4 i have owned.

Now I gotta figure out what parts i need to fit a sico Octane 45K
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 7:59:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Kriss is a fun platform to shoot, love how compact it is. Have an extra stock inbound with a tailhook installed so I can bring the Kriss with me when I travel out of state without asking for permission.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#27]
wanted one for a long time, but Kriss has seem to made it difficult as possible for anyone to either form 1 or put on an arm brace where you can fold it...  play hard to get and sometimes people lose interest.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 5:24:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Hey, what hand stop are you using?  I'm looking for one for mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top