Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2020 10:15:24 PM EDT
Korean surplus 30 carbine ammo, was thinking of picking up a few hundred rounds.  Any views on the batch in the US at this time/
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:55:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I can’t speak to the Korean stuff.  I can tell you that there was a bunch of shit Chinese carbine ammo brought in long time ago that was prone to head separations, kabooms, etc.

The headstamp was LC 52.  The spacing of the markings was way off from real Lake City ammo.  The boxes were really cheap, low quality paperboard marked 7.62mm.

If you have some, pull the projectiles and toss the rest.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about Korean carbine ammo, but I've got a bunch of their .30-06 Spr ammo that came on M1 Garand enbloc clips and it is GTG, with the exception that cleaning should be treated like corrosive.  I'd probably suggest the same precaution about the carbine ammo unless you hear for sure that the primers are non mercuric.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 1:40:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't speak to the Korean stuff.  I can tell you that there was a bunch of shit Chinese carbine ammo brought in long time ago that was prone to head separations, kabooms, etc.

The headstamp was LC 52.  The spacing of the markings was way off from real Lake City ammo.  The boxes were really cheap, low quality paperboard marked 7.62mm.

View Quote
Been shooting it for decades never had a problem.. shoots pretty good to!
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 4:27:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a bunch of the chinese stuff. I havent shot any yet.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
It has a bad rep.  It blew up my Underwood carbine.  It damaged the bolt (repaired since), broke the stock, blew out the mag, and displaced the op rod.

After that, I took all I had, pulled the bullets, and tossed the rest.  A $1k carbine is worth more than some cheap Chinese ammo with head separation issues.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:47:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:48:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I need to fork over the $350 and just buy a case while it’s still available. My Carbine doesn’t get near the range trips my Garand and that’s a shame.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:44:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It has a bad rep.  It blew up my Underwood carbine.  It damaged the bolt (repaired since), broke the stock, blew out the mag, and displaced the op rod.

After that, I took all I had, pulled the bullets, and tossed the rest.  A $1k carbine is worth more than some cheap Chinese ammo with head separation issues.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like a headspace OOB issue.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 12:56:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I can’t speak to the Korean stuff.  I can tell you that there was a bunch of shit Chinese carbine ammo brought in long time ago that was prone to head separations, kabooms, etc.

View Quote
I have shot a lot of this stuff with no issues. I bought it aware it is Chinese.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 10:34:14 PM EDT
[#10]
And it is corrosive.  Cleaning the gas system of a carbine is a pain.

To each his own.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 11:29:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I picked up a case from SG.  Advertised as noncorrosive.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 11:37:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 11:50:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
And it is corrosive.  Cleaning the gas system of a carbine is a pain.

To each his own.
View Quote
No...it's not corrosive
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:40:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No...it's not corrosive
View Quote
The counterfeit Chinese ammo is Berdan-primed and corrosive.

I was not referring to the Korean ammo.

Shooting corrosive ammo in an M1 carbine is foolish.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:51:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No...it's not corrosive

No the Chinese LC 52 knock off ammo is not corrosive.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I need 1k.. what's the best deal out there?
View Quote
This seems the best deal right now, I just got 1K myself

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/armscor-ammunition/armscor-30-carbine-ammunition-110-grain-full-metal-jacket-case-1000-rounds/

Cost me $364 total with taxes and shipping, I miss not having to pay taxes on ammo online
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 1:31:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:57:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Looks like AIM has it at $367.2/1080.

That's as good a price as I can find on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top