Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2018 11:39:18 PM EDT
Just getting into a PCC which uses Glock mags. While I'll be able to use my G19 mags also, does anyone have any "hands-on" experience with this Korean 50 rd. 9mm drum?

Korean 50 rd 9mm drum.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine didn't feed and distributor wouldn't exchange it for a new one.
The hell with them.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:15:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:18:38 AM EDT
[#3]
i got one last weekend and it worked fine in my g19 with and w/o can. didnt try it in my g17 or ar9 yet
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:40:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.

When I get the PCC (FM-9) up and running I'll have my G19 (factory & Magpul) mags as well as a few 33 rd Glock mags for it.

Was curious about if these aftermarket drums were worth trying out.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:09:47 PM EDT
[#5]
All the drums were marker korean, asian, iver johnson, ect are all the same thing.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one. I may try it out tomorrow in my AR9 when I try out the Echo trigger I just installed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:26:33 AM EDT
[#7]
it works most of the time. especially with glocks. Not as well in ar 9s...
Its great to shoot out of a handgun when simulating Contact for PSD drills as it keeps going and going and going. Never tried for serious work nor would i trust it for serious work. The built in loader makes it a pleasure to reload and it holds a full box of 9mm so its easy cheesy for even new people.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 8:55:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought two of the extended Korean mags. for my Glock.  They worked fine, for a couple months.  Then the springs failed (too weak to push the rounds up after the first 4 or 5 were fired).

I bought four of the standard sized mags. for the M31/M22.  They never worked.  I bought Glock springs and followers (which then made them more expensive than new Glock magazines) and they still didn't work.  Just wouldn't feed consistently.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 9:31:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one. I may try it out tomorrow in my AR9 when I try out the Echo trigger I just installed.
View Quote
The drum worked fine.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 10:42:42 PM EDT
[#10]
The drums tend to not work after a few full dumps. I think it’s a spring issue too. The regular mags seem ok for the most part.  I had an AR 100 round and that one seemed to be ok for a while. But then started having feeding issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top