Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2020 9:35:42 PM EDT
I ordered a knights mws leaf sight from arms unlimited because they have them on sale for 100 bucks shipped.  But they sent me a standard rail grabber LMT/colt style leaf sight. Not the knights that was clearly pictured and etched with their info.  

I have an email in to them but they don't have very great hours.  I'll update if I hear anything Monday.

Just wanted to put the word out before anyone else thinks their getting a great deal
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, let us know what they say (if they say anything).
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:34:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Damnit
I’ve had one in my cart for months just thinking about it...
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:41:39 AM EDT
[#3]
There are a couple positive reviews on it,  but there is no way for me to leave one.  So they must have select them or something IDK.  In the same amount of time I could have bought one on eBay for the same price or a beat up one on gunbroker for lots less.  

I don't mind having a rail grabber as a second sight for my standalone that's in the mail. Just don't want to be ripped off for it and lied to
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#4]
No calls or email so far.  And they don't answer their phone at any time during their business hours and don't have a voicemail
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Got a couple email replies and a return shipping label.  Apparently the warehouse guys had them in the wrong bins
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#6]
So they do have the KAC leaf sight for $100?
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes,  strangely enough they don't have the standard leaf sights listed on their website.  So I'm gonna ask thembhow much to keep this one.  

They apologized and sent me an email with a shipping label to return it,  and another email with a shipping notice that the correct one is on its way.

He said they "had them mixed up in the bins"
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 7:35:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Received the knights barns sight from AU.  Seems to be new and correct.  Quality is definitely much higher than the original one I got
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 11:28:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SGT-Fish:
Received the knights barns sight from AU.  Seems to be new and correct.  Quality is definitely much higher than the original one I got
View Quote

Pics?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll try to get some posted later.  Can't upload straight from my phone.  They look just like their picture,  the only thing that caught my eye was that the threaded hole for the mounting screw seemed to be cut after anodizing,  and the knights logo and mounting instructions that are laser engraved on seemed a little more subdued,  which is very nice.  The sight is about half the height of a standard leaf when folded down.  The fit between all the parts is amazing and has zero slop compared to the generic one
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:07:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
the only thing that caught my eye was that the threaded hole for the mounting screw seemed to be cut after anodizing,  and the knights logo and mounting instructions that are laser engraved on seemed a little more subdued,  which is very nice.
View Quote

Don't they use a steel threaded insert (or Heli-coil) in there?

I agree with regards to their quality/performance. KAC's leaf sight is the only leaf sight for me.

Edit: They do indeed, with some purple thread locker securing the (unfinished) insert. The threaded hole through the body is anodized.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:32:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:

Don't they use a steel threaded insert (or Heli-coil) in there?

I agree with regards to their quality/performance. KAC's leaf sight is the only leaf sight for me.
View Quote

That could be.  I just happened to notice the hole is shiny
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 5:48:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the heads up

Just order one
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:23:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I am literally staring at the same sight right now. Thanks for the heads up, looks like it was a simple mistake on their end. Does anyone know what the differences are between this one and the LMT? The LMT appears to sit higher on the rail, which one is more desirable? Looking to finish my SOPMOD clone. In case anyone cares, I'll be getting an LMT M203.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:53:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Gilly11277:
I am literally staring at the same sight right now. Thanks for the heads up, looks like it was a simple mistake on their end. Does anyone know what the differences are between this one and the LMT? The LMT appears to sit higher on the rail, which one is more desirable? Looking to finish my SOPMOD clone. In case anyone cares, I'll be getting an LMT M203.
View Quote

If it's an actual SOPMOD clone, you want a Crane direct mount leaf sight.

I believe the USMC issued the KAC leaf sight but I'm not sure.

The US Army MWS used a rail grabber leaf sight which sits a little higher but has a shorter ladder to compensate.

The LMT was never issued and is a standard leaf sight on an M1913 mount.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:14:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
What is that and where can I get one?

I believe the USMC issued the KAC leaf sight but I'm not sure.
They did. I don't know to what extent it was fielded.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#17]
What is that and where can I get one?

They did. I don't know to what extent it was fielded.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pezboytate:
If it's an actual SOPMOD clone, you want a Crane direct mount leaf sight.
What is that and where can I get one?

I believe the USMC issued the KAC leaf sight but I'm not sure.
They did. I don't know to what extent it was fielded.

They screw into the top front hole of the RIS.

You can find them on GunBroker every once in a while. They are pretty hard to find. You could probably make a repro if you really wanted to.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Aside from the way it mounts, is there any benefit to having it higher as opposed to sitting flush on the rail like the KAC? Sorry for the questions, I'm just now looking into getting an M203 and Leaf sight for my build.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:26:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Gilly11277:
Aside from the way it mounts, is there any benefit to having it higher as opposed to sitting flush on the rail like the KAC? Sorry for the questions, I'm just now looking into getting an M203 and Leaf sight for my build.
View Quote

The LMT one probably isn't calibrated correctly like the issued ones. For something you're going to use, the KAC is the best IMO.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:55:07 PM EDT
[#20]
The crane leaf looks like its probably just slightly lighter.  But then you are restricted to a certain rail.  The marines did/do use the knights leaf and the construction is extremely nice the elevation adjustment has zero slop where my other rail grabber can move the leaf side to side and it doesn't lay centered when folded.  Also the leaf part is mounted to a polymer windage adjustment on the no name leaf.  On the knights leaf it seems to be more aluminum and very tight fitting.  I'm gonna try to get a good zero on it and see how well I can do at 50-100yds. Hopefully I can drop chalks in a 55gal drum repeatedly
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 8:16:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Just got mine in the mail

Noticeably better than the rail grabber I was using before

The front is marked "Mount flush with front edge of rail system". I'm assuming that's for a RAS since the RIS II would have the front sight in the way
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 8:19:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By scottr:
Just got mine in the mail

Noticeably better than the rail grabber I was using before

The front is marked "Mount flush with front edge of rail system". I'm assuming that's for a RAS since the RIS II would have the front sight in the way
View Quote

Yeah, that's for the RIS, M4 RAS, and M5 RAS.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:43:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Mounted on a RIS II the leaf is ~1/8" closer to the front sight post than the standard rail grabber leaf sight
Horseshoes and hand grenades...
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 12:20:55 PM EDT
[#24]
The KAC mws sight has a different length leaf than a rail grabber to compensate for the height difference.  It may compensate for the difference in distance as well. Also remember that these leaf sights,  though somewhat crude,  are adjustable and need zeroed.  It may take a few rounds to zero it,  but it makes finding your zincs a lot easier and shooting much more fun.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 4:35:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Mine should arrive tomorrow. Thanks everyone for all the input, had I not gotten a deal on a KAC I would have gone LMT.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top