Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2018 8:16:14 PM EDT
Don't know if anyone else is looking for one, but Operation Parts just opened their pre orders for their next order of KAC HK MP5 RAS rails.

OP KAC HK MP5 RAS RAIL
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 8:20:21 PM EDT
[#1]
One left.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 8:48:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One left.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Am I missing something here or are those just ridiculously expensive outdated quad rails?
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 9:18:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Am I missing something here or are those just ridiculously expensive outdated quad rails?
View Quote
And the holy grail is just another cup.

And an original Shelby Cobra is just another outdated, underpowered sportster.

And a P-51 Mustang is just another outdated airplane.

As someone who owns an original HK MP5 RAS.... the answer to your question is mostly yes, but technically they are only tri-rails.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 9:24:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Am I missing something here or are those just ridiculously expensive outdated quad tri rails?
View Quote
You got it, but add KAC sauce.

I run a Surefire M63 on mine.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 10:03:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same reason people want the kac rails for the ar-15s or other various parts to build clone guns. The difference is that the mp5 rails are far more rare than most of the other clone parts. They have been being listed at over a thousand dollars on the used market.

For what its worth the b&t and surefire tri rails both go for around 300 bucks as well. The surefire lighted front ends go from like 300 to 600 bucks. The MP5 is an expensive platform.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I paid about $120 for each of my Surefire rails. One was new.
It was good of the OP to share the link though. Many people want the KAC rails.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 12:26:53 PM EDT
[#8]
KAC is finally waking up and realizing there is still good demand for their legacy stuff. Please $345 for one of these rails is a great price!
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:29:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I think KAC has always known that, they've just experienced great demand for current/military products for a long time. Now that demand is down, they're willing to entertain bulk orders on older designs.
The price is too high for me, and what they went for on the secondary market while discontinued is just crazy, but to each their own. I'm very happy with my Surefire rails. They utilize a better front attachment method, in my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think KAC has always known that, they've just experienced great demand for current/military products for a long time. Now that demand is down, they're willing to entertain bulk orders on older designs.
The price is too high for me, and what they went for on the secondary market while discontinued is just crazy, but to each their own. I'm very happy with my Surefire rails. They utilize a better front attachment method, in my humble opinion.
View Quote
I tend to agree actually.  I had an opportunity last year to pick up a surefire rail for around $100.  I should have done it.

I did put my name down for one of these KAC rails, but it’s only because I figured I might use it and that compared to the prices they were going for, this is a bargain.  Honestly, I’d rather run a surefire foreend if it was possible to use a cab with one
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Also happy with Surefire Rails.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#12]
With all the clones coming out now, They'd be crazy not to make a decent run of these.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 8:58:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Compared to B&T and other HK parts prices, it's a good deal.  KAC has always been expensive, this isn't more so than others.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 9:56:17 PM EDT
[#14]
The B&T rail is $300.
So you're saying KAC products are always high, and that makes this rail a good deal?
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 11:46:42 PM EDT
[#15]
They are limited runs of these, and with them selling for almost $1K and the MP5 market as big as it is you're not going to lose your money on a KAC MP5 rail and you have a chance to potentially own something that will appreciate.

Don't buy one if you don't think they aren't worth it. I've seen a few dealers sell their allotment in hours. The demand is there.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 11:23:34 AM EDT
[#16]
These are back in stock for pre-order.  Just received the email about 30 minutes ago.

KAC RAS
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Ordered mine

Have a Surefire MP5 rail now, but all of my HKs wear KAC RAS except for the 9mm, have to fix that.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 3:35:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Can't wait for mine to arrive.  This was a very good opportunity to pick up a brand new one for about a third of what a used one goes for, and I figured a genuine HK deserves a nice KAC rail.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 6:23:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The B&T rail is $300.
So you're saying KAC products are always high, and that makes this rail a good deal?
View Quote
Yes. It’s a great deal. I saw more than one go for $1000+ on GB.

Plus, you can add an optic rail for ultimate awesomeness.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Are the optic rails in Stock anywhere?
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:17:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Are the optic rails in Stock anywhere?
View Quote
Knights has them in stock right now. Not too much more than Operation Parts
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 8:52:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Just snagged one myself from the KAC store. Might not be long till there out.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#23]
There shipping
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 9:20:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, i just got an email today from Operations Parts with my tracking number! WOOT!
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Have the listed / shipped the HK 91 rail yet?

I haven't gotten notification that it is available for preorder.

My Norwegian AG-3 clone might have to take a hit in the authenticity department.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 8:56:42 AM EDT
[#26]
That means I should be seeing something any day now.  Mount that thing up and share some pics!
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:03:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Have the listed / shipped the HK 91 rail yet?

I haven't gotten notification that it is available for preorder.

My Norwegian AG-3 clone might have to take a hit in the authenticity department.
View Quote
Haven’t seen anything about those rails for sale yet any shipped yet. But keep watching the sites for the pre orders.

Quoted:

That means I should be seeing something any day now.  Mount that thing up and share some pics!
View Quote
Don’t own a MP5 yet. Someday and I’ll have the rail and upper optics mount in hand when it happens.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:26:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Haven’t seen anything about those rails for sale yet any shipped yet. But keep watching the sites for the pre orders.

Don’t own a MP5 yet. Someday and I’ll have the rail and upper optics mount in hand when it happens.
View Quote
Well I'm the other way around, but only for a few more days since the rails have started shipping.  I've been wanting one of these for quite some time as I didn't want to go with a claw-type mount that would permanently mar the new finish on my gun.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Tracking shows mine arrived today!

Installed it. It was a little tight at the receiver, but still was able to get it to fit.

Link Posted: 2/15/2018 9:13:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Tracking shows mine arrived today!

Installed it. It was a little tight at the receiver, but still was able to get it to fit.
View Quote
tight is an understatement lol, i wasn't paying enough attention and gouged the hell out of my receiver installing mine.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:31:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:41:57 PM EDT
[#32]
I greased the hell out of my D54 receiver before I installed the KAC RIS.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 6:29:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Just got the KAC optics rail for the RAS. Super tight as well.

Link Posted: 2/23/2018 10:59:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/5IduNG6.jpg
View Quote
Nice-looking setup there!

Is it just the lighting in the picture or is KAC still putting out parts with purple anodizing?
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 12:20:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Is it just the lighting in the picture or is KAC still putting out parts with purple anodizing?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/5IduNG6.jpg

Mine is not from the new batch and is definitely purple tinted.

Link Posted: 2/23/2018 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/kuiLnI9.jpg
View Quote
Hmm.

I have a M4 RAS that I bought probably sometime around 2006 or so that also has a purple hue and have always wondered what the deal is with that.  Guess I'll see what my railed mount looks like when it arrives.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 11:14:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Any chance you could do a picture through the sights of that?  Wondering how the rail sets up the optic there.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 11:15:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I paid about $120 for each of my Surefire rails. One was new.
It was good of the OP to share the link though. Many people want the KAC rails.
View Quote
I have a Surefire rail as well - I remember it being in the $100 (+/- $25) range.  I started to look for one of those and couldn't find any.  Ended up with a KAC RAS.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 11:30:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Any chance you could do a picture through the sights of that?  Wondering how the rail sets up the optic there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe this weekend.

I can tell you it is not cowitness (at all). It does work really well, at least as well as any of the "low profile" HK mounts.

With that being said, the best HK mounts in my opinion are the rear sight RMR replacement or the Trijicon HK ACOG mount (TA03). The TA03 is excellent and allows use of the iron sights.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 12:59:25 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm generally not a fan of rails on MP5, but if you must rail, this is the rail to rail with.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 1:39:56 PM EDT
[#41]
I really didn't want to install mine because I didn't want to break up the clean lines of the MP5.

It does feel better in the hand, the thickness at the front actually helps.

Link Posted: 3/1/2018 1:48:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm generally not a fan of rails on MP5, but if you must rail, this is the rail to rail with.
View Quote

Surefire begs to differ.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 9:40:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Got back from a coyote hunting trip at the property yesterday and my birthday present to myself was waiting for me.  Installed the MP5 RAS & 99049 MP5 RAS Rail Mount.  Luckily the 99049 doesn't look too purple.  Still wonder why it is that KAC seems to have a tough time with their anodizing, unless I'm missing something here.

Next will be an Aimpoint Comp M5.

Link Posted: 3/5/2018 10:19:14 AM EDT
[#44]
I have a kac rail and optic mount, no mp5
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I have a kac rail and optic mount, no mp5
View Quote
You know what you need to do...
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#46]
All of my mid 2000s vintage RAS, RAS Long and RAS MRE all had a purple hue, all of the newer M4 RASs I bought recently had been black though, so is the MP5 RAS I just got.

Link Posted: 3/6/2018 8:23:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
All of my mid 2000s vintage RAS, RAS Long and RAS MRE all had a purple hue, all of the newer M4 RASs I bought recently had been black though, so is the MP5 RAS I just got.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/moreouches.jpg
View Quote
old new stock maybe?
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#48]
The pic I posted is of my early 2000 vintage FF RAS MRE, most of my KAC RASs I bought at the time had a purple tint.  The MP5 RAS I just got is all black.  Not sure if the MP5 Aimpoint mount is from old stock, didn't they stop making MP5 RAS for a long time and the rarity made them so desirable?  I imagine the Aimpoint mount might be from old stock as well, don't think it could be used with other railed handguards where the 3 and 9 o'clock rails don't extend rearward as much as MP5 RAS.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 4:39:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I really didn't want to install mine because I didn't want to break up the clean lines of the MP5.

It does feel better in the hand, the thickness at the front actually helps.

https://i.imgur.com/QogzIGY.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7z8pQBa.jpg
View Quote
That is precisely what she said.

That is a clean MP5, I am jealous and can not wait to get mines....
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top