Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2019 9:45:15 PM EDT
Another member here picked up one of these a while back and I started looking at them and well, I got one!
I bought the Plain Walnut stocked Stainless Model. It is right handed with a left hand bolt. 10-5/8 stainless fluted barrel with Williams fire sights. it is drilled and tapped for scope mounts.

When I unboxed it it came with a very basic owners manual, a scope mount, and a pair of safety glasses and a pair of foam earplugs.

The first thing I noticed is the grip is rather small and will need some work to fit my hand, no issue here, I expected to have to do some trimming and fitting. Part of the fun! although the shape of the stock gives it a decently balanced feel.

The bolt is slightly gritty, nothing that a bit of oil and some lapping compound wont take care of. Although it is perfectly functional and does feed and eject well. it also has a nice red spring loaded plastic feed ramp. The cocking knob on the back of the bolt is easy to reach and operate.

The trigger is a bit on the gritty side breaking at just over 4 lbs. with a fair bit of both creep and a good bit of overtravel. we can work on these things too.

I ran a few rounds through it without any prep or fresh oil and it did function perfectly.

So, a sub $200 pistol probably designed more for the Yutes than the grownups. I think its a good buy! I'm going to do a bit of work to mine and see what I can come up with, I think its going to be a fun plinker and squirrel /bunny gun!

Ill post more when I get out to really shoot it.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Had one for 7-8 yrs now. Did a bunch of ammo testing and found out it like the Aguila Hyper speed stuff that none of my other rimfires like.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:41:10 PM EDT
[#2]
What scope is that?
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#4]
How does it shoot?
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 2:05:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Haven’t really put her through her paces yet but with Norma SV off a really makeshift rest I’ve gotten groups a little under 1/2 in at 25 yds. I think it will get better!
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one in 22 Magnum in the black and grey laminate stock. Had a red dot mounted, but have recently switched to an older 10X weaver pistol scope. Want to try it out to 100 yards.

Mines not bad for the trigger. Could probably use a little polishing, but I figured it would wear in over time and use. I have heard of guys polishing the surfaces to lighten and crisp it up though.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I haven't worked on fitting the grip yet but I have done a bit of trigger work to it. Got the pull down to 3 lbs, and smoothed it a bunch, but haven't been able to deal with creep or overtravel yet.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 11:57:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't worked on fitting the grip yet but I have done a bit of trigger work to it. Got the pull down to 3 lbs, and smoothed it a bunch, but haven't been able to deal with creep or overtravel yet.
View Quote
Thanks for posting, I forgot all about doing a over-travel fix. I got the trigger to 2.5# (lots of polishing) but the over-travel has to be addressed. I'm going with a cap screw threaded through the trigger guard. The only issue is that the TG is rather thin and it will take a fairly long screw for a stop.

I'm thinking about a .75" 8-32 button-head cap screw for a stop. I'll D&T the back of the TG, run the screw through, put a tooth washer/nut on it, then run it out till I find the stop length I need then cut it to length and secure it to the TG with the nut.

BTW....Mine shoots great (minus the over-travel) using the 2.5 X scope that came with it....Thing is the rings sucked ass so I used a set of steel rings I had.

Attachment Attached File

I found a case that fit it perfect.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 12:43:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I have to work on the grip before the overtravel. My paws just do not fit this at all. It was interesting to see that the stock is dowel pinned down through the grip though. Im really enjoying playing with this thing. I don't think im going to get the accuracy out of this that I do my MK II 10 in. bull bbl. but I do want to get into a match or two with it .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top