Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Keltec Sub 2000 Opinions (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/24/2023 10:23:55 PM EDT
I'm thinking about one of these for a kind of backpack gun to supplement my G17 for daily travel.
Any opinions?
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:47:29 PM EDT
[#1]
DO IT! Mine is an excellent shooter... accurate and reliable. Look into the MCarbo rear site upgrade. Its a little pricey for what it is... but the factory offering is a little low.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 6:41:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zardoz] [#2]
I dig 'em. I had a gen 1, and hitting soda cans @ 100yds was easy as hell with PMC ball ammo.
I'm about to get a new one with FDE furniture. As compact as they are when folded and as quickly as it can be made ready, they are an excellent truck gun.

For myself, the necessary upgrades are:
Taller rear sight (the only thing I hated about the one I had)
Optics mount
Heavier charging handle
...all 3 of which are from MCARBO. The MI optics mount compares poorly to the MCARBO.

Cutting a thin mousepad to fit, and gluing it in place on the recoil spring tube makes the gun a lot more comfortable to shoot, especially in the winter.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 8:38:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Zardoz:

For myself, the necessary upgrades are:
Taller rear sight (the only thing I hated about the one I had)
Optics mount
Heavier charging handle
...all 3 of which are from MCARBO. The MI optics mount compares poorly to the MCARBO.
View Quote

Get these parts. And while you are at it get the bolt buffer from MCARBO. Their heavy charging handle and buffer make a huge difference.

I shouldn't have traded mine off cheap. But at the time I didn't have anything else that used Glock mags. It was a Gen 1 and had no trouble with Glock brand or ETS brand mags.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 7:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
It's only one of two guns I ever sold. Had a Gen 2 and didn't like it at all. Ergonomics we're funky. Length of pull was way too short for my taste.  Rear sight so low that it was difficult to get sight on target without contorting your head.

Cheek weld on bare metal tube was awful. Mounting any kind of optic is just funky.

It does fold up very compact so as others said, it fills a role as a truck gun, but then again so do a lot of other weapons with far better...., well everything.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Love mine, pairs well with the G17 I keep in the truck. Fits perfectly in a backpack with emergency gear. Shoots well, didn't feel the need to make any modifications to it so far.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Wanted to like them, the sights were my biggest complaint.  Seriously, after all this time you cannot make them a 1/2" taller? (Mcarbo did not exist when I bought mine)  

Now that I have a Charger and 9mm AR's, I won't be looking at them again.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I hated mine because of the issues listed above.
Terrible sight picture
Terrible blowback recoil

I gave it to my brother the leave at his cabin.

Maybe I could have liked it with the above fixes.

As is from Kel Tec it was terrible IMO. Accurate enough
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 6:53:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I love mine.  It's a Gen 2 in 40 cal.  The trigger isn't great but seems to be getting better, and I was surprised at how much recoil it has.  The low sight doesn't bother me, but it makes it basically unusable for my dad, so I guess that can vary from person to person.  I'm amazed at how accurate it is.  I can shoot golf balls until they're darn near out of sight with it.  It's been 100% reliable.

I like it so much I'll probably pick one up in 9mm, too.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:04:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Mine is accurate, reliable, and tons of fun to shoot. Do it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:28:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Both of mine were recalled before I even got to use them. Felt flimsy and cheap. Never even considered wanting to have one in my hands if I needed a gun in an emergency.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 4:55:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Never had any quality or reliability issues with my gen 2 but yea, the irons as is, suck. Plan to either upgrade the sights or add an optic.
Mine was most accurate with a min red dot but swapped it out for a See All sight, not my favorite sight but no batteries or electronics so keeping it simple but a big improvement over factory irons. Even with a red dot mine couldn't touch my Beretta Storm or Scorpion Evo in terms of accuracy. But it's useable accuracy to 50 yards, that's all I expect.
Trigger is just flat out terrible, like a kid's toy. You can throw a ton of MCARBO parts to make it better but it'll never be anything like a cheap single stage fcg. I just live with it. It's gotten a bit smoother after break in but this is a very slim very light folding rifle, not a range toy. It just has to work, and it does.

Next time you see one, pick it up while it's folded. You'll have a hard time believing it's an actual rifle.

Buddy has a KT SU-16, the model with the shell of a stock that folds up over the receiver/barrel. Not so comfortable to shoot but accuate enough. And folds up to the size of an AR upper so very packable.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I’ve owned two, a Gen1 and a Gen2, and sold them both. I could just never really warm up to them, no matter how much the concept appealed to me.  My biggest complaint is the inability to effectively mount a red dot while maintaining foldability, and lord knows I tried. I do have my eye on the new S&W FPC.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Take a look at the new S&W, OP.  There is a $100 rebate on colored SUBs this month.
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 7:34:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I have one. I was skeptical at first, but it has proven to be a good rifle. Zero malfunctions in over 500 rounds, accurate and small, pretty much sum it up.

I did the full M-Carbo upgrade which I would consider mandatory - or just buy one with everything installed from the factory.

The Smith is interesting, but Glock mags are a must for me. Mine is great with both factory Glock mags and Magpul GL9-21's.

My CCW gun is a 19 and l love being able to throw this in the truck when I am on the road. It also fits in a small hydration backpack and looks very un-tactical.

I was not a Kel Tec fan, but this rifle has earned it's place in my rotation.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 3:37:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I had one before, didn't like it. The shooting experience was horrible with the cheek pressed against the tube. I spent money with mcarbo trying to reduce the recoil and with a sleeve. Never worked well. I eventually sold it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 10:54:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Bought 2, sold 2 very quickly. Only shot one and was such a disappointment I didn't bother with the second. Had high hopes as a truck back pack gun. Not betting my life with one.

So many good options out there. Don't even go down that road.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 11:10:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By hbchew2323:
I had one before, didn't like it. The shooting experience was horrible with the cheek pressed against the tube. I spent money with mcarbo trying to reduce the recoil and with a sleeve. Never worked well. I eventually sold it.
View Quote

Que?  Horrible?  Reducing the recoil of 9mm?
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 11:26:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Bought a Gen 1 years back, wanted to like it but it was an ergonomic mess, felt flimsy, the sights sucked and wasn't fun to shoot.

Bought a Gen 2 last year, wanted to like it but it was an ergonomic mess, felt flimsy, the sights sucked and wasn't fun to shoot.

Sold both and don't miss them at all  They were reliable in my limited experience and decently accurate but once the novelty of the whole "it folds" thing wore off it was just an unpleasant gun for me on a lot of levels.

I really think if they didn't fold nobody would buy them. It's not a bad idea but like most things KT the execution is poor. At least IMHO.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 11:37:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tonysoprano150] [#19]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

Que?  Horrible?  Reducing the recoil of 9mm?
View Quote

People don’t think that the recoil of straight blowback pistol caliber carbines be like it is, but it do.

Having said that, I did have a 9mm Sub2K previously.   I didn't find it to be unpleasant to shoot and I found it to be very accurate.  The CZ Scorpion EVO on the other hand...
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 11:44:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I’ve always wanted the factory integrally suppressed version.  I never wanted it enough to lay out the money.  

I still find it appealing.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 2:51:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Utahshooting:
It's only one of two guns I ever sold. Had a Gen 2 and didn't like it at all. Ergonomics we're funky. Length of pull was way too short for my taste.  Rear sight so low that it was difficult to get sight on target without contorting your head.

Cheek weld on bare metal tube was awful. Mounting any kind of optic is just funky.

It does fold up very compact so as others said, it fills a role as a truck gun, but then again so do a lot of other weapons with far better...., well everything.
View Quote

This x2.

I would go so far as to say the ergonomics are actually awful.
If you have S&W M&P guns, the new folding carbine from S&W makes the KelTec obsolete.
It folds sideways so you can keep the optics on it.

If S&W had put in the option for multiple mag capability like the Charger, it would have blown the KelTec clear out of the water.

If you get the KT, plan on spending $500 to turn it into a gun you might enjoy shooting.

If the Sub 2000 isn’t the fastest gun I’ve ever sold, it’s in the top 3.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By mini14jac:

This x2.

If you have S&W M&P guns, the new folding carbine from S&W makes the KelTec obsolete.

If S&W had put in the option for multiple mag capability like the Charger, it would have blown the KelTec clear out of the water.

If you get the KT, plan on spending $500 to turn it into a gun you might enjoy shooting.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mini14jac:
Originally Posted By Utahshooting:  It's only one of two guns I ever sold. Had a Gen 2 and didn't like it at all. Ergonomics we're funky. Length of pull was way too short for my taste.  Rear sight so low that it was difficult to get sight on target without contorting your head.

This x2.

I think some of you fellas are picky as hell.  I've always meant to do the McCarbo upgrades, but haven't.  I've been carrying a SUB in a sling bag as my EDC rifle (goes past no-pistol signs) for some years now, 1st a .40 Gen 1, now a 9mm Gen 2.  The only add on besides 40 rnd ETS mags for it I've added is a 9mm Form 1 can, it's pretty quiet w/ 147 grn subs and the sights clear the can.  I shoot it out to 100 yds.  I come home w/ a bruise on my shoulder from the bolt/weight assembly stopping at the rear, but it's so light it's a joy to carry everywhere I go.

I am about to replace it w/ a side folding Fold-AR, but that's more than double the cost of the SUB just for the upper.  With a 16" bbl, however, the Fold AR will get me to a 16" pistol that sometimes thinks it's a rifle, so it can go past no pistol signs and go into pistol-only liquor stores to visit its Baptist friends w/o recognizing em.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#24]

I think some of you fellas are picky as hell.  I've always meant to do the McCarbo upgrades, but haven't.  I've been carrying a SUB in a sling bag as my EDC rifle (goes past no-pistol signs) for some years now, 1st a .40 Gen 1, now a 9mm Gen 2.  The only add on besides 40 rnd ETS mags for it I've added is a 9mm Form 1 can, it's pretty quiet w/ 147 grn subs and the sights clear the can.  I shoot it out to 100 yds.  I come home w/ a bruise on my shoulder from the bolt/weight assembly stopping at the rear, but it's so light it's a joy to carry everywhere I go.

I am about to replace it w/ a side folding Fold-AR, but that's more than double the cost of the SUB just for the upper.  With a 16" bbl, however, the Fold AR will get me to a 16" pistol that sometimes thinks it's a rifle, so it can go past no pistol signs and go into pistol-only liquor stores to visit its Baptist friends w/o recognizing em.
View Quote

I don't consider myself picky as much as I'm not willing to put up with all of the Sub's flaws just because it's light, it folds, and it's cheap.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:34:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By GT86:

I don't consider myself picky as much as I'm not willing to put up with all of the Sub's flaws just because it's light, it folds, and it's cheap.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GT86:
Originally Posted By backbencher:  I think some of you fellas are picky as hell.  I've always meant to do the McCarbo upgrades, but haven't.  I've been carrying a SUB in a sling bag as my EDC rifle (goes past no-pistol signs) for some years now, 1st a .40 Gen 1, now a 9mm Gen 2.  The only add on besides 40 rnd ETS mags for it I've added is a 9mm Form 1 can, it's pretty quiet w/ 147 grn subs and the sights clear the can.  I shoot it out to 100 yds.  I come home w/ a bruise on my shoulder from the bolt/weight assembly stopping at the rear, but it's so light it's a joy to carry everywhere I go.

It has a particular legal advantage for me b/c it sails past no-pistol signs, but I don't find it particularly uncomfortable.  It's not straightforward to scope and fold, and the S&W does much better in that regard.  I'm looking forward to getting my FoldAr dialed in, right now it needs more gas from the gas block.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:15:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SPARKY4] [#26]
Very accurate.  Sights suck.  I had a SW59 version.  Barrel came loose to the point I could rotate it to where the sight was 180 degrees from where it should be.  Sent back to Keltec and they repaired for no charge. Even though I was not original owner (ended up with it after my dad died).

Traded it and $100 for a MPA 9mm rifle.

The next month, Keltec offered to upgrade the Gen 1’s to gen 2 for $150 and would even switch mag grip if you wanted.  Glock was the only mag you could not switch to with a mag release swap.

If you find a gen 1 (not the metal one) for cheap, you can send it in to Keltec and ask for a gen 2 with Glock magwell for $150.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#27]
I have one. I like the concept. I ran ot thru the Mcarbo catalog and now I cant get the trigger to reliably reset.
I think I will go back to factory springs and go from there.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Neighbr has one with a flip red dot. It looks interesting and now even more so with a $100 rebate. Thinking it might be worth picking one up.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 10:18:58 PM EDT
[#29]
I've had one for about a month now. The first thing I did was shitcan the iron sights completely and stick a Holosun 507c on a MCARBO mount on it, along with a bolt tube cover. Looks nice...no idea how it shoots, though; something always comes up when I set aside time to zero the thing.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:05:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Zardoz:
I've had one for about a month now. The first thing I did was shitcan the iron sights completely and stick a Holosun 507c on a MCARBO mount on it, along with a bolt tube cover. Looks nice...no idea how it shoots, though; something always comes up when I set aside time to zero the thing.
View Quote

Does it have a thread ed barrel?
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:29:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By urbanredneck:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By urbanredneck:
Originally Posted By Zardoz:  I've had one for about a month now. The first thing I did was shitcan the iron sights completely and stick a Holosun 507c on a MCARBO mount on it, along with a bolt tube cover. Looks nice...no idea how it shoots, though; something always comes up when I set aside time to zero the thing.

All the Gen 2s have threaded bbls other than ones bound for ban states.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:08:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zardoz] [#32]

All the Gen 2s have threaded bbls other than ones bound for ban states.
View Quote

This. The 9mm versions are 9/16‐24 under the front sight, and 1/2‐28 from the FSB to the muzzle. .40S&W versions are threaded 9/16-24 all the way to the muzzle.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#33]
KelTec Sub2000 - 9mm Plastic Foldy Boi
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#34]
That was the best Brandon video I have seen.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:51:34 PM EDT
[#35]
I almost bought one on Gunbroker last week for a nib model for use with M&P mags for only $299 and kick myself that I didn't. With the advent of the S&W model, I think I may want one of those more, not that I knocking the Kel Tec.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:10:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By patw:  I almost bought one on Gunbroker last week for a nib model for use with M&P mags for only $299 and kick myself that I didn't. With the advent of the S&W model, I think I may want one of those more, not that I knocking the Kel Tec.
View Quote

Holy crap.  That's $200 off a good price on one, & there's a $100 rebate on.

If you're an M&P mag guy, get the M&P.  It's a better solution for M&P folks.  Hopefully the aftermarket comes up w/ some more mag catches for it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 6:28:18 PM EDT
[#37]

Holy crap.  That's $200 off a good price on one, & there's a $100 rebate on.

If you're an M&P mag guy, get the M&P.  It's a better solution for M&P folks.  Hopefully the aftermarket comes up w/ some more mag catches for it.
View Quote

I was at work when the auction ended and forgot to check it during the day. I also didn't get the update for it ending, as I usually do with Gunbroker. Figures.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 9:36:50 AM EDT
[#38]
If you want a .40 S&W running Glock mags, CDNN has em for $400 + the $100 rebate is still on:

https://www.cdnnsports.com/firearms/semi-auto-rifles/keltec-sub2000-g2-40s-w-glock-22-style-green.html

That's a sub HiPoint carbine price.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 9:42:22 AM EDT
[#39]
First thing I did was swap the mag to a more refined and less heathen mag, the M9.

Second thing I did was add a rubber pad to the stock tube. Firing it with your cheek against the metal is not comfortable at all.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 9:44:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By NAM:  First thing I did was swap the mag to a more refined and less heathen mag, the M9.

Second thing I did was add a rubber pad to the stock tube. Firing it with your cheek against the metal is not comfortable at all.
View Quote

I've never had an issue w/ getting on the sights or finding the bare tube uncomfortable, whether Gen 1 or 2.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:06:24 AM EDT
[#41]
I had a Gen 2 years ago. It was fun, but too fragile to trust in a bad situation.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#42]
axolotl arms has a sale.... $389 plus shipping. So around $300 delivered with the rebate.

FYI.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 12:37:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TXJarhead] [#43]
I've on my 3rd now. I had a gen 1 9mm and 2 gen 2's. I regretted selling my other gen 2 and I found it locally from a private seller going through a divorce and needing cash, for what I could buy one for now without the transfer fee or less. I've added the MCarbo optic mount, the rubber tube cover just because it was cheap and I was already buying several other items from them, the recoil buffer, the double finger charging handle, and I'll be going back for the rest of the trigger stuff. I liked it the way it was and never had an issue but I figured why not make it better. They've always run everything I've put through it and I shoot it suppressed with a tirant can. It's a g17 version and I've run magpul mags, stock Glock 17 and 18 mags and now have a few kriss 40rd mag extensions to try out.

Don't get me wrong, I like my fm9 a lot but the moral of the story here is that like anything else it's preference. Some like the sub2k, some don't, and then others talk shit based on stuff they read online while taking a break from playing world of Warcraft and call of duty in their mom's basement. To each their own.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#44]
 Still got my first gen just because I painted it OD and I'm too lazy to clean the paint off and sell it.  The best thing I can say about it is that it folds (for whatever that's worth these days) and has always gone bang, but it does not inspire any real confidence in me for all of the aforementioned reasons.  I don't recall the last time it's been out of the safe other than to move it out of the way to get to something better- which is everything except the Davis derringer that was like $20.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Brawnydog:
I had a Gen 2 years ago. It was fun, but too fragile to trust in a bad situation.
View Quote

I was about to reply, but looks like a already have. I do not regret the sale, and I do not feel tempted to purchase another.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:    Still got my first gen just because I painted it OD and I'm too lazy to clean the paint off and sell it.  The best thing I can say about it is that it folds (for whatever that's worth these days) and has always gone bang, but it does not inspire any real confidence in me for all of the aforementioned reasons.  I don't recall the last time it's been out of the safe other than to move it out of the way to get to something better- which is everything except the Davis derringer that was like $20.  
View Quote

You can call Kel-Tec, and for around $150, they'll replace it w/ a brand new Gen 2 in 9 or .40 & whatever mag configuration or color you want.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 2:12:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jagdkommando] [#47]
Originally Posted By MIL_D0T:
DO IT! Mine is an excellent shooter... accurate and reliable. Look into the MCarbo rear site upgrade. Its a little pricey for what it is... but the factory offering is a little low.
View Quote

They are $399 and there is a $100 consumer rebate.  I think they are a great value.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#48]

You can call Kel-Tec, and for around $150, they'll replace it w/ a brand new Gen 2 in 9 or .40 & whatever mag configuration or color you want.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:    Still got my first gen just because I painted it OD and I'm too lazy to clean the paint off and sell it.  The best thing I can say about it is that it folds (for whatever that's worth these days) and has always gone bang, but it does not inspire any real confidence in me for all of the aforementioned reasons.  I don't recall the last time it's been out of the safe other than to move it out of the way to get to something better- which is everything except the Davis derringer that was like $20.  

But it's another $150, and still just a Keltec.    I handled a new model a while back and didn't see that it really did anything better except have a factory threaded barrel.  I put a rail section on mine so it'll hold a flashlight, I don't see the need for an optic on that style gun despite the awful factory sights and I've already put some of the original KT accessories as well as some of the tacticoolproducts.com parts on it.  It's just one of those guns that kinda, sorta fills an odd niche that I don't really have.  I bought it for a good price when they were newish and popular and without having shot one since nobody else I knew had one.  I've had one girlfriend who kinda liked it for some reason but nobody else has and a couple of people who were thinking about buying them decided not to after I let them borrow mine. My personal opinion is that there are better to much better options available depending on your requirements and budget.  If you just enjoy it for whatever reason that's a valid reason in my book too and, given my proclivity for 80s action movies and some other oddball stuff, I'm certainly not in a position to criticize anyone for buying a gun for any reason.    

Are the barrels on the new ones still glued in?  That was an issue with at least one run of the old models (one of the posters above apparently had one of them).
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:

But it's another $150, and still just a Keltec.    I handled a new model a while back and didn't see that it really did anything better except have a factory threaded barrel.  I put a rail section on mine so it'll hold a flashlight, I don't see the need for an optic on that style gun despite the awful factory sights and I've already put some of the original KT accessories as well as some of the tacticoolproducts.com parts on it.  It's just one of those guns that kinda, sorta fills an odd niche that I don't really have.  I bought it for a good price when they were newish and popular and without having shot one since nobody else I knew had one.  I've had one girlfriend who kinda liked it for some reason but nobody else has and a couple of people who were thinking about buying them decided not to after I let them borrow mine. My personal opinion is that there are better to much better options available depending on your requirements and budget.  If you just enjoy it for whatever reason that's a valid reason in my book too and, given my proclivity for 80s action movies and some other oddball stuff, I'm certainly not in a position to criticize anyone for buying a gun for any reason.    

Are the barrels on the new ones still glued in?  That was an issue with at least one run of the old models (one of the posters above apparently had one of them).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:

I would assume the plastic trunnion is cast around the bbl.  Mine is my truck & car gun w/ the ability to sail past legal "No Pistol" signs in Texas, and it takes the same mags & ammo as my carry Glock 26.

The Gen 2 also has the ability to adjust the length of pull about an inch & a a quarter, and if you really wanted to, you could make your own "receiver tube" and make a folding pistol, as the SN moved from the plastic shell to the steel bolt tube.

The multi-mag version takes 7 different types of pistol mags.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 4:38:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Snozberry] [#50]
Originally Posted By Utahshooting:

View Quote

Same. It has the ergos of two pipes on a hinge and managed to strip facial hair from my cheek every other round. Recoil is exaggerated by the direct blowback system and its light weight, unfortunately. Its great with an optic but you cant fold it up like that without special modifications, see mcarbo. The stock is barely a stock and more of a shockwave blade, and just as comfortable. Even inserting mags always left me with concerns that the plastic wouldnt hold together as the seams flexed.

Anywhere north of 400 is too much for one, frankly.

It is, however, the lightest carbine in its class by a large margin and, of course, folds. If weight is less of an issue however, there are much better options now.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Keltec Sub 2000 Opinions (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top