Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2018 6:52:45 PM EDT
I didn’t see it posted, but some Sub 2000s made in 2017 are being recalled. Apparently there’s an issue that could cause the barrel to rupture.

Go here to check. Mine is affected and they’re going to email me a return label.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah, checking to see if this is legit? I got mine for an upcoming trip and I'm not super excited about this prospect. haven't fired it yet, but from the website mine is affected. is this a "need to do it" recall or more of a put it off like forever recall?
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
is this a "need to do it" recall or more of a put it off like forever recall?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
is this a "need to do it" recall or more of a put it off like forever recall?
Quoted:
This could potentially cause the barrel to rupture when a cartridge is fired and could result in serious personal injury.
I'll let you do the math on that one...
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 8:45:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'll let you do the math on that one...
View Quote
I gotcha, but my concern is well if I'm dumb and double charge it this shit will happen kind of thing or will blow up with just normal low pressure factory ammo. I don't have time to get it fixed before my trip, nor do I have desire to have a gun go off. was hoping to shoot like a mag worth friday and if it works, carry it. only need to shoot it in an emergency. but I don't have a ton of confidence in it right now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 3:08:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
if I'm dumb and double charge it this shit will happen kind of thing or will blow up with just normal low pressure factory ammo.
View Quote
If a manufacturer is willing to go through the expense and bad press to do a recall, it probably isn't a problem that only shows up in extremely negligent circumstances.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for posting.  Mine is not at risk of rupturing.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 11:17:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m curious what the turn time is going to be on this. I checked my serial number, it said mine was affected, and then had me complete a form. I opted for them to email me a FedEx return label. I did it on Wednesday and haven’t received an email yet.
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 10:27:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I would say you need to

1>check your spam email folder if not found
2>contact KT and let them know you did not get a label.

Quoted:
I’m curious what the turn time is going to be on this. I checked my serial number, it said mine was affected, and then had me complete a form. I opted for them to email me a FedEx return label. I did it on Wednesday and haven’t received an email yet.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 8:56:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the heads up.  I checked and mine is good to go.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 3:44:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Record turn around time from Kel-Tec.

I sent mine via the Fed Ex prepaid label on 4/10/18, arrived in FL on 4/12.  I received it back today, 4/20.

Kel-Tec included a 10 round factory G19 magazine for the trouble.  Thanks for great service, Kel-Tec.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I haven't been around to getting a sub2k yet, but it is on the list. Their Customer service department is awesome though. I lost a piece of my P3AT (ejector... AKWARD!!!) and they promptly sent me anew one for free(it is a really cheap piece but totally unique to their gun).
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 11:07:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Just an update on turn times.  My rifle was received by Kel-Tec on May 1st.  The repair was completed and shipped on June 8th, it will be delivered on June 13th. Their automated phone system stated that repairs under the recall were taking between 4-6 weeks.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just an update on turn times.  My rifle was received by Kel-Tec on May 1st.  The repair was completed and shipped on June 8th, it will be delivered on June 13th. Their automated phone system stated that repairs under the recall were taking between 4-6 weeks.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 1:20:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I got mine back recently, and noticed the new barrel has a "P" stamped on the underside of it.

Proof tested?
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I got mine back recently, and noticed the new barrel has a "P" stamped on the underside of it.

Proof tested?
View Quote
Likely the same barrel you sent it in with.

Kel-Tec is now saying the Nickel Boron barrels were not affected by the recall.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 8:36:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Likely the same barrel you sent it in with.

Kel-Tec is now saying the Nickel Boron barrels were not affected by the recall.
View Quote
Mine was either blued or nitride, not Nickel Boron.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 2:09:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Those of you who have had rifles returned.....do they email you / send a tracking number when the have shipped?
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 2:15:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Dadgum, I need to send mine in.  Thanks for reminding me.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 3:31:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Those of you who have had rifles returned.....do they email you / send a tracking number when the have shipped?
View Quote
Yes, they emailed a tracking number.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 11:10:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Thank you
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Been over 6 weeks and still waiting, is this typical turnaround time?
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#21]
I waited about 6 weeks for mine. It looks and shoots exactly as before.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 6:02:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Went to print my shipping label today, it had expired.  Had to email them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top