Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2020 3:19:18 PM EDT
I’ve decided I need a 308 bullpup. I will be using this to shoot hogs with a thermal scope. I’ll be shooting this suppressed 100% of the time. I’ve been looking at the RFB or a Tavor 7. The RFB is attractive because I can get one for almost a grand less than the Tavor.  I have a Kel Tec RDB that I shoot suppressed with and I really like it.

I figured shooting the RFB with a can would be akin to the RDB, but I’ve read people have all kinds of issues shooting these suppressed. I know there is a special suppressor piston that can be purchased separately, but I’m still reading about suppression issues.

Anyone here shoot an RFB suppressed?  If so, what are your thoughts?  Is the RFB a good suppressor host or should I break my piggy bank and go with a Tavor 7?  Any assistance would be much obliged.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
between the 2, I think the IWI is worth the extra coin.  I owned a RFB some time ago and could never get it to run right, regardless of ammo & gas setting.  I sold it at a loss and haven't looked back.  I couldn't even get high quality ammo like FGM 168s to consistently cycle without opening the gas so much that it was abusing the brass.  I love the innovation and value that Keltec brings to the market, but I just won't own unreliable carbines.

I've owned an X95 and thought it was great, though I sold that too.  As much as I liked the X95 I still preferred my Aug A3.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I only knew 1 person that had one. He had multiple problems that required multiple trips back to fix. The last one was a cracked gas block. He sold it immediately after the rifle got back from Kel Tec.

KT does some interesting designs and seems to have a good warranty program. Which is good because KT also seems to use its customers as beta testers.

AJ
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I only knew 1 person that had one. He had multiple problems that required multiple trips back to fix. The last one was a cracked gas block. He sold it immediately after the rifle got back from Kel Tec.

KT does some interesting designs and seems to have a good warranty program. Which is good because KT also seems to use its customers as beta testers.

AJ
View Quote
At this point beta tester is out and shitty build quality is in. There have been deals for the sar for 1200, x95 for 1600 and aug for 1700 new. I would just go that route
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 10:08:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

At this point beta tester is out and shitty build quality is in. There have been deals for the sar for 1200, x95 for 1600 and aug for 1700 new. I would just go that route
View Quote
As soon as they make one of those models in 308, I will go that route.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 12:06:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Love my RFB but haven't gotten around to shooting it suppressed, there is a suppressor piston from KT which is supposed to help even more.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I don’t shoot my RFB much but it runs fine. Haven’t shot suppressed
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Haven’t shot it suppressed but stupidly love my RFB. It’s been an excellent gun with zero problems for me other than the cash register sound it makes every time you pull that semi auto 308 trigger.

I even got rid of a P3at that never had issues just because I wanted to up the quality of all things but I won’t be selling off this keltec.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I ended up pulling the trigger on a Tavor 7.  Really impressed how soft it shoots.  It's pretty heavy, especially with a thermal scope, but the weight distribution makes it relatively easy to pop off a few accurate shots without a rest.  Took down my first pig with it a few days ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top