Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2018 2:45:59 PM EDT
Franklin Armory "Not a SBR" -just released their secret at SHOT:

Not rifled -just straight grooves.

First reports have their "special ammo for this rifle" shooting around 5 inch groups, before it starts to keyhole at 50 yards.

Sending my form 1 receiver to the engraver today (really).
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#1]
ok, but some of us have SBRs and Pistols already. I would be perfectly happy with a 4MOA 50 yard group, since this could make a nice house gun. It would allow me to not use a registered whatever and I could use a real stock.

I will not buy this version. But I WILL buy the upper or barrel in a month when PSA has them to add to your existing lower. why the hell not?
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#2]
How far do we expect to need to hit something with an SBR? Was the XM177 a sniper rifle? Does keyholing at 50 yards make it a horribly deficient hit?

Sell me a barrel and I buy a MFT stock done.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 3:01:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Definitely needed a separate thread from the currently 52 page one
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How far do we expect to need to hit something with an SBR? Was the XM177 a sniper rifle? Does keyholing at 50 yards make it a horribly deficient hit?

Sell me a barrel and I buy a MFT stock done.
View Quote
My 11.5" BCM SBR shooting M193, M855, MK262 Mod 1, PMC Bronze, Wolf Gold, etc. at 300 yards provides similar groups to my Colt 6920 or BCM C8 SFW with the same ammo. Neither are MOA shooters, but they easily and reliably get hits at range on a man sized target with a wide range of ammo.

If I wanted something that keyholed past 50 yards I'd buy a shot out SKS.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Dirt shooter special.  Doesn't need optics or sights. 
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#6]
So we pretty much all called it then....
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 3:21:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I will not buy this version. But I WILL buy the upper or barrel in a month when PSA has them to add to your existing lower. why the hell not?
View Quote
Interesting idea; not sure of the classification when on any other lower that is already a rifle or pistol.  A new "can you shoulder the wrist brace" question, for the moment.

For me, anything that shows key holing at 50 yards, or maybe a lot less, without the ""special loads" -will not be going through my suppressors.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I can see the board meeting:

"There are LOTS of companies competing to get top dollar for highly accurate guns, but it's hard to deliver on that. We're going to go in a completely different direction -- a real blue ocean strategy. We're going to get top dollar because we make a highly INACCURATE gun! We'll have the whole market segment sewed up tight! Nobody is out there doing this!"

Seriously, what's the point of this that a $200 tax stamp or a brace don't cover with greater, you guessed it, accuracy? Hope they don't have thousands of these sitting in a warehouse waiting to meet post-SHOT demand...
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#10]
See above
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top