Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2019 12:58:13 PM EDT
My number will be coming up soon for the Max15 upper. 3k sort of stings when you have 9k plus already in a m11/9 with the other Lage upper.

This is not a for sale ad, but given the changing political climate what are the hives thoughts on ditching this upper?
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 1:42:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Regardless of the climate, I’d keep the upper and find another M11 to pair with it. Certainly, the 11/15 deserves its own lower — as does any Lage upper.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm going to go against the grain and admit I prefer keeping my firearm collection simple, organized, and functional.

So my question(s) to you is does the Max-31 bring you value? As in do you enjoy shooting it. If so keep the thing, but if you find it tends to sit in the safe while you take other uppers to the range maybe its time to get rid of it.

Also, if you think the Max11/15 upper will fill the role of the Max-31 then it might makes sense to get rid of it.

And finally I wouldn't let the political climate influence your purchasing decisions. There is always a looming threat of some AWB just over the horizon and in many cases its propagated by those within the gun community *coughNRAcough*
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Regardless of the climate, I’d keep the upper and find another M11 to pair with it. Certainly, the 11/15 deserves its own lower — as does any Lage upper.
View Quote
You guys are no damn help at all.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 7:12:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I will say keep the upper. I have the max 11/15 and kept the 31 and K uppers I already had. It gives you options on shooting.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I will say keep the upper. I have the max 11/15 and kept the 31 and K uppers I already had. It gives you options on shooting.
View Quote
Thanks, I guess I just really hate loading those drums. Seems like they take forever vs the sticks with a magula etc.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That was my sincerest suggestion!
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 11:36:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Not to confuse the issue but you need to get a Max 22 conversion also!

That way you have:

Original Barrel - bullethose...
Max11 9mm
Max31 - Soumi Drums & mags
Max15 - 5.56 fun (may switch to 300BO)
Max22 - for when you need cheap!

Now I am working on a case to keep all of this together with mags and spare ammo...

Just the way I roll - love working thru all of these in one range session!
Usually more fun that the RLL and several ARs I have set up.

FH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top