Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2018 11:37:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, that took a serious chunk out.  I didn't notice the big crack behind it at first.

No pics, but I was with a friend at a small VFW gun show last year, and he bought a nice black powder kit gun that was all built.  The guy told him that it had a ball jammed in the barrel.  He got it for a steal, took it home, was able to dump powder out of it and poured water down inside before drilling (slowly) by hand with a bit through the ball that was inside.

He got the ball out and found that it still had something else jammed in there, and it turned out to have some kind of "cartridge" as he described it shoved in it.  He got it out and said that had anyone tried to fire it, they'd most likely have had it blow up in their hand.  I'm glad he knew what he was doing and some dumbass didn't get it and try to fire it to clear it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#2]
That's the wrong way to make an SBS.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 12:58:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 11:18:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Back about '83 a friend of my uncle awoke to the dull metallic sound of a shotgun being dry-fired. He opened his eyes to the sight of his very bewildered wife, staring down the barrel of a Stevens single shot 12 gauge that she had mistakenly loaded a 20 gauge shell in and it had fallen down the bore.
https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/645/1*aKcQfI_9SRBfU9WDZ5E3AQ.jpeg
He runs out of the house and calls the police explaining his wife just tried to kill him. She even asked the cops if they'd let her have one more try with the right shell since she was going to jail anyway
She had written out a suicide note and everything that looked like his writing. He later found out her and her boyfriend had taken a million dollar life insurance policy on him and the 3 year suicide clause had just expired!!
After the divorce he cashed in the accrued value of the life insurance and bought a bass boat.
She did time for attempted murder and the boyfriend did time for conspiracy.
View Quote
You win. That’s great!
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 11:34:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 11:34:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Said it was from a 20 gauge shell obstructing the bore. Wow!
Anyway, I thought it was interesting. Anyone else have any kaboom pics?

https://i.imgur.com/P6qcpzc.jpg
View Quote
Middle fell off
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No, I'm pretty sure he was the winner.
View Quote
"Can I have another shot since I'm going to jail anyway."

Reminds me of a line from the show Trial and Error. "Even if she is pregnant with twin boys she doesn't have the nads to do something like that!"

Apparently someone did though. Wow.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 12:53:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Reminds me of a time I was at the range, and a new member asked me if I knew anything about shotguns.  He just bought a Remington 870 at Walmart and was having trouble loading it.  He'd load a shell, and would slide out the end of the barrel.  Dude bought 20 gauge shells for a 12 gauge!.  I informed him there is a difference, and divine intervention saved him.  He was lucky to have the shell slide out instead of lodging in the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 10:41:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 10:55:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Don't have a picture, but my uncle got some snow in his muzzle while rabbit hunting and it pealed back like a banana in the cartoons.
View Quote
Similar thing happened to my cousin happened with his 410 when we were kids but his was mud obstructing the bore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top