Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 11:16:02 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.kabar.com/products/product.jsp?item=BK18

Not mine but looks the same.

I reconfigured the sheath for left side carry.  The sheath itself holds the knife very securely.  Might remove the belt hanger part and put a j-clip on the sheath so the handle will ride higher in relation to the belt.

Paladin

Link Posted: 3/31/2020 11:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.kabar.com/products/product.jsp?item=BK18

Not mine but looks the same.

I reconfigured the sheath for left side carry.  The sheath itself holds the knife very securely.  Might remove the belt hanger part and put a j-clip on the sheath so the handle will ride higher in relation to the belt.

Paladin

View Quote

I do like the look of those, I would really like to get my hands on one of these after the world gets back to normal...
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 11:33:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is my BK2 I really like.  Just got it mounted to my belt.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Joy of cooking is his families book and now his son and his sons wife have done the newest edition. Ethan has done several meals at the Becker gatherings, and I'll just say that his skills are NO joke. He'll tell you that he cooks at the gatherings out of self defense, so he doesn't have to eat hot dogs.
View Quote

Well, that's the coolest thing I learned on the internet in a while.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Here is my BK2 I really like.  Just got it mounted to my belt.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/44058/IMG_0569_JPG-1350312.JPG
View Quote

The BK2 is a beast, It is a lot of added weight to the belt. Great looking set up, I like it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 11:59:18 PM EDT
[#6]
The two came with that sheath?  None of my bk’s came with such, nylon only.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 9:33:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea thats the bad part. I have had custom kydex made for mine..
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Hopefully this works!
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/5/2020 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine had a nylon/web type belt loop attached to kydex.  I unscrewed that part and paracorded it to my battle belt.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Now to let it sit in white vinegar.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

I should have quit while I was ahead. I wanted to try laying laundry bag soaked in vinegar on it and ruined it. You can barely see USMC now.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 10:48:06 PM EDT
[#12]
It's starting to look better
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/7/2020 12:14:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Looks good..
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 5:36:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Camilius Beckers were the last knives I was using prior to moving over to Busse products in 2007.  I've had several Beckers since (including the two models shown in the OP and many others).  I personally prefer ESEE over Becker in this price range of knives.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Camilius Beckers were the last knives I was using prior to moving over to Busse products in 2007.  I've had several Beckers since (including the two models shown in the OP and many others).  I personally prefer ESEE over Becker in this price range of knives.
View Quote

I'm not knocking Esee knives, I do own several Esee knives and like every one of them. I just seem to lean more towards Becker. Thanks for the comments.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:20:39 PM EDT
[#16]
If anyone is still wanting a BK18 SMNW has them in black now.  The brown one is great, but the black is a little lower visibility.

Paladin
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If anyone is still wanting a BK18 SMNW has them in black now.  The brown one is great, but the black is a little lower visibility.

Paladin
View Quote

Thanks - I'm on it

Already got the tan one - didn't know they had black.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Gotta get one.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Get the micarta grips for Becker knives. Makes a big difference. Great knife for the money.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:41:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Yea I have looked at them before, they are a bit on the high price side but very nice.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:04:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Today I discovered that the ESEE pouch for the 5/6 series sheaths fits perfectly on the BK18 sheath.  The oem belt hanger needs removed first. I was already using a Spyderco G clip for edc.

Paladin
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 12:42:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I personally prefer ESEE over Becker in this price range of knives.
View Quote

Those ESEE's with the HM handles are very nice. I could never get down with the flat sided scales .
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 1:04:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Does anyone know offhand what would be the value of a Becker Brute that is unused, has the original sheath, but does not have the original box?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 12:33:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Does anyone know offhand what would be the value of a Becker Brute that is unused, has the original sheath, but does not have the original box?

Thanks in advance.
View Quote

150-200 depending on the sales platform.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm a Becker Fan boy. Still have my Patrol Machete.
The BK products are an addiction.
View Quote

I have a Patrol Machete too.  They're worth a few hundred dollars now, but I use mine.  I also have a few Becker Patrol Packs.  Great designs.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Depends on if it's a Camillus or a Cincinnati.
Can you put up a picture?
A mint condition Natti with leather sheath would probably go over 3 bills.

FAL'er
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 1:12:11 AM EDT
[#27]
I've always been a fan of Kabar knives and I got my first Becker last year.  It's a BK9 and it definitely lives up to being a beast.  I don't plan on carrying it on body but got it mostly to put in my bug out bag for camping or whatever else.  I wanted something that could chop and baton like my Kabar cutlass machete but also handle big slicing jobs in camp.  I'm not going to lie...i also enjoy pulling it out with a bad Aussie accent and saying "that's not a knife....THIS is a knife!" LOL.

I'm definitely a fan of Kabar and their Becker collaboration series.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top