Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2018 6:47:25 PM EDT
Saw this in the Facebook ACR owners group.  Bushmaster should link up with KRG and start releasing pistols...in a slow firearm market with Trump in, this would be a good move, IMHO.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 7:03:11 PM EDT
[#1]
PDW stock on a rifle with a 13 inch handguard and 16 inch rifle seems like the definition of pointless.

Tag for some SBR pics.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PDW stock on a rifle with a 13 inch handguard and 16 inch rifle seems like the definition of pointless.

Tag for some SBR pics.
View Quote
Agreed, especially when the ACR stock is one of the best stocks ever invented.  With that said, that PDW stock would be pretty sweet on one of Dana's 300 BO PDW's or the likes.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 10" ACR and I still wouldn't buy that stock. The standard ACR stock is so goddamn good people put it on other rifles.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:12:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Saw this in the Facebook ACR owners group. Bushmaster should link up with KRG and start releasing pistols...in a slow firearm market with Trump in, this would be a good move, IMHO.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/90543/26730887_10214023154988996_3363243480835346644_n-422533.JPG
View Quote

Umm, you realize KRG and Bushmaster are developing two different licenses of the design? KRG is not making these stocks and handguards "for" the ACR; they are parts for their Fox-42, which is what became of the Massoud just as the ACR is what became of the Masada. Bushmaster bought the rights only to the Masada design from Magpul, while the Massoud's designer retained the rights and brought them with him to KRG.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 1:31:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Umm, you realize KRG and Bushmaster are developing two different licenses of the design? KRG is not making these stocks and handguards "for" the ACR; they are parts for their Fox-42, which is what became of the Massoud just as the ACR is what became of the Masada. Bushmaster bought the rights only to the Masada design from Magpul, while the Massoud's designer retained the rights and brought them with him to KRG.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw this in the Facebook ACR owners group. Bushmaster should link up with KRG and start releasing pistols...in a slow firearm market with Trump in, this would be a good move, IMHO.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/90543/26730887_10214023154988996_3363243480835346644_n-422533.JPG

"umm" yes, I am fully aware of that.  And they are indeed making these "3rd Party" accessories for the ACR.  That is an ACR in that photo, not a Fox-42...

@Locutus494

I was around when the Massoud was a thing, along with $1500 Masada's.

ETA: And what I was saying is, Bushmaster should contract the KRG parts and begin releasing ACR pistols.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#6]
KRG great company, great products. I own 2 Whiskey3’s and am patiently waiting for my SOTIC’s. KRG INNOVATES like so few do.

Glad to see the innovation here. Agree though that the stock design seems odd for either the ACR or the Fox42. Also agree the ACR stock is one of he best parts of the platform. Even put one on a FAL.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 9:54:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a 10" ACR and I still wouldn't buy that stock. The standard ACR stock is so goddamn good people put it on other rifles.
View Quote
+1!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 9:58:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I definitely agree on the Bushmaster ACR pistol point. I have zero idea why one hasn't been released yet....the 10.5" OEM barrels are already out.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 10:57:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I definitely agree on the Bushmaster ACR pistol point. I have zero idea why one hasn't been released yet....the 10.5" OEM barrels are already out.
View Quote
You really have zero idea?

I'll give you a hint: Bushmaster. That's all that needs to be said.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 10:22:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone notice that the rail doesn’t look like anything anyone has out right now. Might be KRG product too. Very cool
That doesn’t look like a Bushy length gas system either...
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 10:57:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anyone notice that the rail doesn't look like anything anyone has out right now. Might be KRG product too. Very cool
That doesn't look like a Bushy length gas system either...
View Quote
It is a KRG rail.  Re-read the OP and/or title of this thread.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 8:41:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Is there some photoshop going on? I can't find the front of the receiver.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 12:56:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It is a KRG rail.  Re-read the OP and/or title of this thread.  
View Quote
LOL! I’m a dumbass
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 4:03:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I'd like to see that stock on a SBR. It looks all jacked up with the extended handguard. If the stock is heavier than the plastic options it might make these balance better.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:37:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I handled the PDW and folding DMR stock as well as the handguards at shot show and they all were very nice.  Dustin will be able to give a little bit better info than I can as far as release and estimated msrp.  I say estimated because there isn't a completely established price point on any accessory.

All the KRG upgrades locked in very tight with the Acr and made it a very rigid platform.   The PDW stock has an adjustable cheek rest which is really nice.  It's the best PDW stock I've ever ran.  It feels very much so like the enhanced stock with more adjustment for a cheek weld.

The DMR stock is my favorite upgrade personally.  It's made from CNC machined billet aluminum and has 3 points of adjustment.  The cheek piece, the length of pull and even the degree of rotation of the buttpad itself is completely adjustable.  It also has a double latch system to keep it locked when it's open or closed.  The main latch is like the enhanced Acr button that lets it fold shut.  There's another latch inside the rear of the stock that locks it shut so it doesn't wobble around.  The stock has a very tight lockup.  The DMR/Folder is a little bit heaver than an enhanced stock but not bad at all.   I'll have to dig up my PRS stock to make sure but it feels lighter than the PRS.

Both stocks have QD plugs in them for slings.  There will be revisions to the stocks before they will be released.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:48:22 PM EDT
[#16]
@bigdog200399 thanks for the update! I'm excited!!!
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 3:21:04 AM EDT
[#17]
I’ve been considering getting a factory DMR ACR, that handguard is just about perfect for it.  And the folding precision stock is super cool.  This may lurch up in priority.

Link to their 2018 SHOT handout with some renders of the ACR products
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#18]
The krg Dmr stock is about 9 ounces heavier than the enhanced stock.  The Dmr stock is an additional 6 ounces or so more than the Krg stock.  Personally the krg stock is leaps and bounds better than a Dmr stock.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Too bad Bushmaster doesn't sell barreled actions, because I'd rather have the KRG handguard over the original railed "enhanced" handguard as well.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#20]
The precision stock is what I’m interested in... that plus that handguard will make a great competition rifle.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Love all of the aftermarket support for this rifle lately. So good to see options!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top