Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2020 11:04:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigdog200399]
I was lucky enough to get in on the Beta testing on the Fox-42 rifle from KRG.  It's technically not an Acr but I'm posting it here because it is definitely related to the Acr.  For those who do not know, one of the owners of KRG worked for Magpul during the development of the Masada.   He ended up leaving Magpul and starting KRG with some of his Army buddies.  They specialize in really nice precision rifle chassis.  So when they decided to do a whole rifle instead of going to an AR10 type semi auto like most companies, they chose to go back to the Massoud design.
by bigdog2003_99, on Flickr

The Fox-42 has a simular gas system as the Massoud.  It's a hybrid Direct Impingement/Long stroke piston system.  The recoil on the rifle feels very soft and pleasant.  You can adjust the regulator on the gas block for Unsuppressed, Suppressed and OFF.  Suppressed has a few different settings to dial it in close and there's also a fine tune set screw adjustment to get it perfect.

My Fox is chambered in 6.5 Creedmore and has a 22" barrel.  Most of the other test rifles from what I gather were 20" 308's.   They don't use a QD barrel system but instead use a barrel nut and a modified Tikka barrel.  The barrels they use are top of the line.  Kreiger, Benchmark, Brunton and Brux are a few of the ones they chose.

The Fox comes with the same Long Range Precision Stock that I've been fielding with my DMR Acr for a couple years now.  The stock is extremely nice and is perfect for a DMR role.  It feels perfect on the Fox as well.  If you would want to swap it out, you could install any of the Acr stocks as well.  They all fit back and forth.

Last but not least, they include a Geissele SSA-E trigger as well as a 55 degree safety.  They both feel perfect.  Honestly I love the setup on this rifle overall.  I'll be updating this thread as I get more rounds down range.  So far I have about 52 rounds of various loads through the rifle.  I'm averaging Sub Moa consistently as long as I do my part.  My average so far is .75 moa at both 100 and 200 yards but I think I can get it below that once I get used to the new scope/rifle/caliber setup.  I personally think this rifle will get down to about ~.5 moa once I get it broke in.   To put it in perspective, my 12.5" grendel Acr hit a .46 moa group at the exact same range.  

Here's a pic compared to a full size 14.5" Acr

Link Posted: 4/1/2020 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Any idea on release date and cost?
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats pretty neat. Any close up of the unique gas system?
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 11:56:26 PM EDT
[#4]
As of now there isn’t a price on them yet.  I don’t want to throw a number out and be way off. These are made to be precision rifles more than a battle rifle setup although I will probably convert mine to a battle rifle setup off and on.  

The only parts that swap over from the Acr is the stock and bolt catch paddle.  A couple of the beta testers swapped to the Acr folding stock and the basic stock for their 308’s.  The rest of the rifle is completely different.  It does use an ar15 trigger.  I’m gonna see if I can install a boxed trigger into it to see how it does.  It has an ar15 type safety (spring and detent) not an acr safety.

I’ll get more pics this weekend of the gas system.  I’ve been playing catch up for the last two weeks thanks to a house move so it’s finally starting to settle down here.

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:40:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Is this licensed from Magpul?
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:31:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sencoman:
Is this licensed from Magpul?
View Quote

I don't think so, but I think they have their blessing.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:41:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Alien:

View Quote

Magpul doesn't own the rights to the Massoud, the guy who designed it does and took them with him to KRG which he is one of the founding members of.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 1:19:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

Magpul doesn't own the rights to the Massoud, the guy who designed it does and took them with him to KRG which he is one of the founding members of.
View Quote

Im sure the odds are slim. But I hope that dude builds a 556 conversion kit (just like the desert tech mdr) and effectively keeps the ACR alive until it can be properly revived
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 3:39:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#9]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alien:

I don't pretend to know what their IP agreements are, but this patent shows Magpul as the assignee, and thereby the owner of the gas system design when it was filed. I don't know if the Fox-42 still uses the same system or not though.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20100186582.pdf

My comment was more based on the fact that I read that KRG is now the distributor for ACR stocks and some other parts. Based on that I assume that KRG has a good relationship with Magpul and since they are making the Fox-42, I doubt they would get to be the distributor of said ACR products without Magpul's "blessing."

Again, this is conjecture on my part and I don't actually know anything.

Anyway, all of that said, I want a Fox-42.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 10:52:02 PM EDT
[#10]
KRG is not the exclusive ACR stock distributor.

KDG is
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:52:01 AM EDT
[#11]
KRG is not the exclusive ACR stock distributor.

KDG is
View Quote

I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 11:36:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Any updates on this? I'm sure folks would be interested.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 11:06:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I could sure as F use a 6.5CM gas gun right now.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm thinking that KRG missed the boat...the 6.5CM SCAR20S thats its main competition just dropped in the wild.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 2:24:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I am JUST seeing this...want.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 3:45:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top