Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2018 5:40:39 PM EDT
I don't need one, but I WANT another shotgun. Have no real use for a "normal" 12 gauge. Want one to play around on the range.. toss in the truck when I feel like it...etc.
I've had one of the 1st KSGs that came out, sold it. Have a 590 and a 870, just want something else to waste money on.
Have the quirks/bugs been worked out of the KSGs? Are the new shorty hotness from Mossberg/Remington all the rage now?
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Shockwave or Tac-14 is your personal preference. I put the Crimson Trace CMR-206 on mine and it is the most damn fun I've had in years just shooting stupid stuff in the tree line. Hundreds of shells on dirt clods, sticks, cans, etc, etc.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#2]
KSG is a good gun, I ran about 250 rounds through mine before I traded it. it's bulky and slow.

TAC14 is pretty squared away. With 3" loads it is guaranteed to have the entire indoor range looking over your shoulder. Other than that, it's an 870.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 6:13:58 PM EDT
[#3]
shockwave is fun. and it is possible to shoot flying clays with it.

with mini shells it's like a giant one handed pistol. lol
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#4]
KSG bugs are fixed.
Doing a fluff & buff pretty much eliminates the short stroking and fumbling, and polishing the parkerizing out of the chamber eliminates failure to extract.

There's another post farther down where I went into more detail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top