Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2023 12:30:23 AM EDT
I wanted an R30 but missed the sale price. The R30T comes with a proprietary brake to fulfill a DOJ/FBI order of some sort and eliminate variables with the setup (so I've read).  If the thread pitch on that brake is 1/2×28, could something else conceivably work with that. can?  I'm asking becasue I want to. use this supressor on more. than one rifle, and I odnt want to buy multiple KGM. brakes:  https://kgm-tech.com/product/r30t-muzzle-device-1228/

Anyway, considering the sale prices, it may still be worth it.  Just don't want to g et stuck with an R30T that really only works one. way, on one gun.

Doesa nyone have a. thought on the R30T in general?

Thanks.  Been back and forth on this quite a bit.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 6:28:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Well if the ass end of the suppressor isn’t a common thread pitch then you are married to their mounting system.  I mean like every brand had their own proprietary mounting systems.

In the grand scheme of things you are going to have to buy multiple muzzle devices for whichever system if you don’t just get a direct thread can.

You could just install the muzzle device into the can and use it like a direct thread can.

How cheap is the sale price? Looks like an interesting can.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:06:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't. I'd get the standard R30 with the ASR/HUB thread pitch. That way you could swap out to a different mount.

With the R30T, what do you do if KGM decides to discontinue those muzzle devices, or decides to sell only to LEO/Mil, or goes out of business?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top