Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2018 10:15:33 PM EDT
I would like my kdg acr stock to sit more flush to the rifle when folded.  It hits against the shell deflector as you well know.  My question is if any of you have modified your shell deflector with a dremmel or file to make it fit better?  It’s a $5 replacement part so I’m not worried about that, but I’m wondering how much of the deflector is necessary to actually “deflect” the brass or if it is mostly just there to retain the oem stock.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been considering modifying the stock itself to latch onto the catch like the factory stock. It doesn't look like I'd have to remove much material, and there's already a recess close to the right spot for the adjustment.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 11:58:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been considering modifying the stock itself to latch onto the catch like the factory stock. It doesn't look like I'd have to remove much material, and there's already a recess close to the right spot for the adjustment.
View Quote
Yes that would be great! My only concern would be cutting into a $250 stock vs a $5 part.  It would be way cool if it latched in the same manner as oem.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 1:03:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I have filed the bottom of my shell defector which allows my KDG stock to lay almost flat without reducing the overall length of the defector. Just look at where they touch, file a little, and repeat.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 12:51:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have filed the bottom of my shell defector which allows my KDG stock to lay almost flat without reducing the overall length of the defector. Just look at where they touch, file a little, and repeat.
View Quote
Thanks for the update.  I’ll have to attempt it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks for the update.  I’ll have to attempt it.
View Quote
Post pics
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top