Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2020 6:34:22 PM EDT
Hi,

I want to install a Katod EPM101G-01-11 with manual gain into a PVS14 housing. The tube has three connections, where as the middle one is the manual gain tab. How do I connect it to the pvs14 board so that I can use the manual gain?
At the moment I shorted the negative and gain tab on the tube so I get 100% luminosity at the moment.

Thx!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 4:38:17 AM EDT
[#1]
if you allready shorted those 2 to get max gain then try a 200 ohm (like pvs14 gain pot ) across to see if you can get a range of gain , if it works then you might get away with using the pvs14 gain knob directly
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 5:23:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Where should I connect the gain pad to? With a standard tube you've got the pigtail with the four pins. I assume one of those 4 pinsholes?

Also on de specsheet of the katod, a 50k pot is mentioned for the manual gain.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:51:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to tell you but these 2 systems are not compatible. 3 contact PSU is a more modern design and use different shortage points and resistor values than MX11769 pigtail.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 8:08:00 AM EDT
[#4]
For those who are interested, I found a solution.
In order to make the variabal gain work on the Katod there needs to be a variabel resistor of 50k between the negative pad and variable gain pad of the tube.
The PVS 14 itself houses a 200k potmeter. So I connected directly the 200k potmeter between the pads. The only downside is that the range between min and max gain will only use 1/3 of range of the 200k potmeter. But it works prefectly.

Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:59:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish your pictures worked lol.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 4:35:37 AM EDT
[#6]
i looked at that pic - it worked a day or so ago
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top