Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2021 2:28:24 PM EDT
After wanting an UNS SR for a number of years I finally have one inbound from JRH BF sale (Thanks Robert).

Now my preference is to run it in front of a LPVO like a Vortex PSTII 1-6x24 as most of my shooting is under 100 yards but I have very limited rail space. The rail is only 7" (AR Pistol)
The PST II is almost 11" so it does not leave a lot of room out front for the UNS.

Plenty of experience with running a PVS14 with and without a PVS14 3x magnifier behind two types of red dots T-1 (sucked),  and two EoTech EXPS3-0 (not to bad) but both had issues with the dot not being clear. T1 was said to be an issue with the film, Eotech may have just been bad, but as I recall Vic had said the PVS14 3x magnifier may contribute to the smeared dots.

I like magnification when aiming so I am thinking perhaps one of the newer RD 5x magnifiers might be better than a 3x in conjunction with a T2. The concern is the loss of clarity given all that glass.

Anyone have any actual experience running a T2 or other with a RD magnifier with an UNS SR?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 2:41:04 PM EDT
[#1]
What’s a 2moa dot with a 5x magnifier behind it look like?

I am strongly considering a 4x prism sight for a similar application as yours. I’m just waiting to hear back on any passive NV setting options being functionally useful.

If it were for a single occasional shot in a non tactical environment I’m punching the buy now button.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Curious to see answers from others here as well. I think this would work, but haven't tried this myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top