Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2018 2:33:23 PM EDT
Hello all.
I have a K98 that has the markings taken off, but the rest of the rifle is sounds but the barrel is sh*t.
Should i have it re barreled or leave it alone for collector sake?
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 2:53:10 PM EDT
[#1]
With the markings removed the collector value of such an example is low. I'd have it rebarrelled and use it as a shooter.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#2]
That is what I was thinking. I love the 8mm cal. its awesome, but would like to actually use the sucker. I was even toying with getting a HOWA action and re barrel it to 8mm.
Still might do that, cause why not, but re barrel this sucker and put my k4 weaver on there and I can compete with Vintage Sniper in CMP.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With the markings removed the collector value of such an example is low. I'd have it rebarrelled and use it as a shooter.
View Quote
Sounds like a Romanian Capture.

I got lucky with a bcd 43 Romanian Capture....The Romys did not have much to ping or grind away on the stock set/harware so while the barrel was trashed (as many were) I got a nice unsanded stock set and bolt out of the deal.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:43:07 AM EDT
[#4]
that might be what I have too. BCD 43 too.
All the stamps have been heated away and the barrel is crap. I tried it once and it would not even hit paper at 100 yards.
I think a re barrel would be cool, maybe even a new stock, make it look nice and pretty
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 11:00:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
that might be what I have too. BCD 43 too.
All the stamps have been heated away and the barrel is crap. I tried it once and it would not even hit paper at 100 yards.
I think a re barrel would be cool, maybe even a new stock, make it look nice and pretty
View Quote
@mnwhiskeyman   pics of it as is now?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top